1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I said it before. Don't mind trading up for Cade as long as we don't give up too much. We better keep those Nets unprotected first round picks.

Plowman, RudyTBag and saleem like this.
  2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I've seen some Shane Battier style dunks. I don't want KMJ to call him out in practice.

I'm waiting for the Cade will go to the Mavs to play with Luka in a few years thread.

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Kwame Brown is actually decent defender. Anthony Bennett is worst.

4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

If Stone is DEAD SURE on Cade I would offer Detroit their protected 1st back and nothing more!

I really prefer staying where we are at, taking whomever Detroit doesn't take and not giving up anything at all.
    We may want to use our assets next year to move up for one of the stud bigs coming out.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, its possible that he's viewing all of the top 4 as fairly equal, and if that's the case, HOU would have to offer something nice.

But a bit hard to think that's really the case. You get the top pick in the draft. If you're willing to pass on it, think you have another prospect in mind. If it was a scenario where it was clear the dude in 2nd is going to almost for sure take player A, then you can move back and get a little creative if yo want.

I think he takes Cade, like you do.

Think he'd be stupid to move back beyond #2 after that. Surely he has some opinion on the other 3 guys about who he wants for sure. It can't be Suggs, imo, as that's just too much of an overlap with Hayes. If its Green or Mobley, all HOU has to do is be exactly 50/50 on those two (keep cards to their chest so to speak).

We shall see...!!

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I personally don't think Stone is leaking anything and that "next rumor" post would come from Weaver/Detroit. In the end, I have complete faith in Stone and whatever he wants to do with the draft. I'm still just excited that we actually kept our pick.

#146 steddinotayto, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    ElPigto and RudyTBag like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no doubt regarding that. Kwame showed flashes on offense, but he was too immature. He came out too early. The one year in college helped Cade out a lot.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Combining rumors and chatter...which team says no?

Hou In: Wiggins and #1
    Hou Out: Gordon, Augustine and or House, #2, #23, #24, Release of protections on Detroit pick

Indiana In: Augustine and or House and #23
    Indiana Out: #13

Detroit In: #2, #13, #14, Release of protections on Detroit Pick
    Detroit Out: #1

Golden State In : #24 and Gordon
    Golden State Out: #14 and Wiggins

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That is too much to give up, and Detroit makes out like bandits there

HTown_TMac likes this.
  10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Does Stone even leak rumors to Shams? The fact it came from him, makes me kind of believe it.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention Wiggins contract is worse than Ego

clos4life likes this.
  12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Texans called, they want their draft strategy back.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pistons fans think the leaks are coming from other teams as there is no way in hell Detroit could ever be thinking about trading down…Rockets fans think the leaks are coming from Detroit

Pistons fans are actually annoying with the “Rockets would need to give #2 and 5 1st round picks” type talk…sthu

Bo6, Deuce and rfrocket like this.
  14. steddinotayto

Half of those teams would say no. I'll let you pick which two.

15. steddinotayto

Man I wouldn't count out Suggs considering where a lot of "experts" had Westbrook in the 2008 draft and how many also had Jerryd Bayless rated ahead of Russ too.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Sorry, didn't mean he will be Kwame Brown, but that's the risk on any draft pick. Could be the next Durant.....who knows.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

JusBleezy likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well that depends how you look at it. Sheer salary sure, Wiggins make a bit more. But he also has one less year on his deal and he's also only 26 coming off of one of his best years statistically, especially shooting a career high from 3. With a full GS team expected to return, he will probably be able to have another solid season with them. He becomes a fat expiring contract after this coming season. While EG is turning 33 later this year and injury prone whose 3 point shot has become close to broken in the last 3 years.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He also blocks any growth from Cade (in this scenario), Tate and KMJ.
    Yes he’s coming off his best season, but that’s an outlier at this point. EG as bad as he’s been has a better track record than him and that’s saying a lot.

20. Rockets4Life13