1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the safer pick between Mobley and Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaiaguilar, Jul 13, 2021.

?

Who's do you think is the safer pick between Evan Mobley and Jalen Green?

1. Evan Mobley

23.0%
  2. Jalen Green

77.0%
  1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think either of them are particularly safe...nobody should be surprised if neither of these guys develop into solid NBA starters. If I had to say which one is safer, I guess Jalen Green.

hakeem94 and apollo33 like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Agree to disagree. I think Cade and Mobley have their limitations as "two way players" that are the inverse of each other.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This draft might be deep but there isn't really a much a sure thing

hakeem94 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Green for sure.

If Mobley turns into a combination of Duncan and Bosh then you screwed the pooch by drafting Zach Lavine v2.0.

Suggs is the safest. Then Green. Then Mobley.

But Mobley has the best upside of anyone in the draft. Cade included.

D-rock likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is telling you he will need 3-4 years to develop?

Nobody is saying that, you are just making up a strawman to fit your narrative.

D-rock likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF?

AD was a 25 10 guy on a bad team and Bosh was every bit the player AD was and is Bosh had more offensive skills than AD.

AD is better defensively.

So it's better to be Lavine, Beale or Booker averaging 25 5 3 on bad teams?

Do ya'll hear yourself with these outlandish takes?

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The NBA is not traditional these days so you just shot down your own argument.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dont you think "didnt even try on defense" is making stuff up??? LOL

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Not at all.

Thon Maker isn't traditional but he failed....Ayton is traditional and he's being brought up by the Mobley Mob as to why we need to draft Mobley (a more non traditional big man).

Physics and the scientific notion of leverage still applies. Mobley is built more like a weak side defensive terror, not someone who is going to absolutely control the paint like Ayton.

rkh-dog and hakeem94 like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thon Maker did not have Mobleys handles or mobility so I don't know why you keep bringing him up, Maker wanted to be a small forward and did not play defense.

Ayton is not traditional he hardly ever post up and he can play in the high post and he has very good feet.

Mobley has absolutely controlled the paint more so than Ayton did when coming out so you need to stop with the absolutes.

Most of the so called "Mobley Mob" is not saying we absolutely need to draft Mobley most are just pushing back on the absurd narratives the Green Gang say about Mobley.

Nook just laid it out perfectly.

I have been called soft for not declaring a side by a Green Gang member, that tells you a lot about the sides.

And once again nobody is playing big men as traditional and there is minimal banging in the post these days yet your entire argument is predicated on that.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Where does the Marvin Bagley bust fit in? He was supposed to be the "next big thing" too - until he wasnt. Actually had a higher overall "score" by NBA draft net than Mobley has now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

i do not understand what problem you had with what i was saying or how it equates to LaVine or Beal. Neither of those guys have the versatile elite athletic ability that Green has. Booker is a level above those 2 IMO and Green has a high ceiling than Booker. Like someone else said, if Mobley isn't already AD or Bosh like offensively, it's unlikely to happen. Those guys and Bosh especially were very polished offensively as prospects.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Lavine might have more versatile elite athletic ability thanks for illustrating my point that a lot off you either don't know what you are talking about or overestimate Greens ability.

AD was not polished coming out of Kentucky just look at what was said about him leading up to the draft.

How is Booker a level above Beale?

And Booker won nothing before Ayton and Paul so at minimum the Rockets need both.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

@jiggyfly
    Here's where i would have saved you confusion when i said:
    "Most around the league are hyping Green over Mobley. Would have never been the case with Beal over AD. There's a reason for that. Mobley is not projected to be on AD's level." I should have added AND Green's ceiling is higher than Beal's easily when discussing the AD and Beal draft. So my point about AD, Bosh, Gasol, Love among other greats not able to lead their team to anything until pairing with a perimeter star overall doesn't matter because Mobley isn't even on their level. He doesn't have what any of those guys already possessed pre draft.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mobley is 7 foot tall but can't even dunk.

Hank McDowell and jiggyfly like this.
  16. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

Green is the safer pick by a landslide as his floor is much higher. IMO his floor is a younger, healthier John Wall. Mobley may be great but the risks are higher.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

- Lavine is a high running leaper, that's about it. Green is more acrobatic and nimble. Young Jordan like body control in air. Laterally quicker. Faster first step explosion that's as good as the fastest players we've seen.

-AD was not polished only to the old way of thinking when it came to a dominant post game with perfect foot work. That said, he still posted up and displayed face up and spins that would be enough. Mobley has none of AD's offensive game. Actually, similarily to the LaVine, Green athletic comp, Mobley too is a great athlete, but stiff/straight, compared to the more quick burst, explosive first step of AD and nimble movements.

-Beal really came into his own at 26 out of no where. I think almost everyone thought he peaked the year before at 25ppg after hovering around low 20's. At 21 Booker was alraedy scoring at peak 25 year old Beal's level and surpassed him since IMO.

-Booker was not nothing, but the team was losing as projected and then came Ayton which placed them in position to already take a leap in the conference as shown in their bubble run. It was only a matter of time and CP sped it up. Once CP ages out, the Suns will have continued success with their superstar perimeter player and their high value big that came after. You do need both, but if one can win without the other, it's a superstar perimeter player.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rebounding does not make player any less or more elite.

Alternate reality takes again.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

John Wall????

LMFAO

hakeem94, jiggyfly and Bobbythegreat like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

John Wall?

What the holy hell is going on in here?

D-rock likes this.