1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It started off great but it lost steam halfway through.

They tried to do too much.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Will watch.

That guys hair is distracting it's so insolent.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

The White Lotus - HBO 6 episode comedy/satire about a rich tourist tropical resort - is premiering tonight. It has good reviews.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Downton Abbey.

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Almost completed Season 4 of Atypical on Netflix. Continues to be a smart, upbeat comedy, improved this season by fixing the parents relationship and focusing more on the better characters (the son, the daughter and the quirky characters around the son). Unfortunately, Netflix announced there will not be a season 5... hopefully it will be picked up by some other network.

6. elrond

elrond Member

Just finished watching season 2 of Lupin and overall I liked it a lot. I tend to concentrate on the overall feel of the show, rather than go down the rabbit hole of nitpicking, but if I were to nitpick, a few things stood out:
    Yeah, the password thing was like huh? Didn't realize people using year of birth was a common password.

Seems like he'd be a real easy person to spot considering there is a city wide APB on him towards the end of season 2, but I can understand they don't want him in full random makeup all the time, but it could have been really interesting/creative to see what they came up with. I thought the old man makeup was pretty good in the 1st season.

Gotta admit, I wasn't really sure if they were going to kill off his son. On one hand, didn't really think they'd go that far, but on the other hand, they used some tricks to sell it. For example, if the copy had gotten him out of the car, when Lupin is looking at the car going up in flames, he should have seen the trunk open. I doubt the cop would go back and close the trunk (didn't bother to check).

The accountant dude seemed a bit of a stretch, but was pretty fun. Um, yeah, we're just going to hang out in the library in the lupin section until the perfect guy comes by! And he'll be an expert financial adviser and IT guy all in one! During the last episode I was kinda wondering why they were paying a guy 10,000 euros an hour to move crates around :p

I'm ok with the forced confession, I figure they can put together enough evidence outside the confession to back it up.

Anyway, just some nitpicks, but nothing that really annoyed me too much, and really looking forward to the next season. I'll probably pick up a copy of the books as well, as I'm not really familiar with Arsene Lupin. Much more familiar with Lupin III :D If I ever go to France again, will need to see whether there's really a town where all the tourists walk around in top hats and monocles :D

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

New season of Unforgotten showing on PBS.

I have needed a fix of a good British crime drama, have been disappointed with the last couple I have tried to watch The Fall, Dublin murders).

The beast must die is airing on FX that looks good too.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Watched the Netflix mini-drama Fatma. It's about a Turkish cleaning lady looking for her deadbeat husband.

Interesting 6 episodes but the ending seemed more "locally inspired" than what Americans are used to.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch -- how manny mysteries can these guys uncover with hardcore science?

VooDooPope and jiggyfly like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Instead of History, it really should be on a serious network like the Science Channel

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think Travel Channel might be more appropriate.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

Earlier in the thread y'all recommended "Snowfall" or it might have been a separate thread about Snowfall. Either way, it was exceptionally well done. 8.5/10
    I Had no idea its main background was about the illegal contra wars that got people involved hard punishment, like a good yelling.

Binged 3 seasons in 5 days. Kevin's review of the movie Scarface was epic. He should post on here.
    The only annoying flaw was Franklin's voice. What was up with that? Then I started getting suspicious so I went to the google machine.
    Yes, he is British. These British Actors are stealing our jobs! Hollywood First!
    Ed Westwick has that same "American" cadence in his voice during Gossip Girl

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I need to get started on that I have 2 seasons to catch up on, I liked the 1st season but was not that engaged but I do want to see where they go with these characters.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Been watching The Wire and just finished Season 3. My favorite so far as I really enjoyed Bunny’s experiment with Hamsterdam. Love to see people flustered at getting results by trying something new.

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Anyone watching Kevin Can Go F#$k Himself?

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Interesting.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just finished watching McMafia 8/10 great acting by some international actors I have never seen, great visuals and great plot.

They even nailed the ending.

Women were nice to look at as well, just an overall pleasing experience.

@Rocket River I was surprised to see that trailer because I was interested to watch some russian movies after really liking what the russian actors did in this.

Was gonna watch this but after reading some reviews I thought it might be to on the nose for me.

Will still check it out because I currently have a huge crush on Annie Murphy.

Is it any good?

Rocket River likes this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's weird. It's like 2 shows in one. There's a traditional sitcom piece which looks like it takes place on the set of Everybody Lives Raymond. It has a laugh track that essentially triggers after every comment. It's very over the top. Sometimes it plays well, other times not so much. The darker scenes are more akin to Breaking Bad and keep you more involved. I can see why some people don't like it (my wife being one of them). I'm hooked.

#1039 bobrek, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Rocket River likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that's what I read and would not be bothered by that but if differences are too jarring I probably will not like it.

I was interested in it because of the darkness if the sitcom stuff is equal I will not like it.

Seems to be a bit too gimmicky for me but I will eventually give it a try.

Rocket River likes this.