1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets talked to Indiana about 13# swap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Jalen Johnson is probably the most exciting prospect that might fall to #13, but his injury issues do concern me.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets at the bottom of the league in defense, so let’s trade the one guy on the team that actually wants to play defense on a consistent basis.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone is assuming that the Pacers' interest would be for Tate. How would it change your stance if they were discussing Wood? What would that deal look like, and would you still take it?

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he was on the team when they got that ranking, so it didn't make much difference.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

By the time the Rockets are good, Eric Gordon's head will have fully transformed into a literal basketball and he'll probably continue to brick all the same.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If Wood, we should get a lot more back than just 13.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not interested in trading Wood, with or without Evan Mobley.

jch1911 and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I haven’t watched the Pacers. I don’t know why they would want Wood when they already have Turner and Sabonis. I would assume the offer would have to be 13 and Turner. Somebody please tell me if that is a good return.

9. saleem

If he is physically fit, then his mental maturity comes into question. If he can address these issues adequately, then Stone should go after him at 13, if possible.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Why is Luka disgruntled in Dallas; most players love Dallas for Cuban.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don’t get it.

Unless a superstar is on the table, Indiana isn’t trading Brogdon, Sabonis, Turner or Warren. All that leaves is Lamb (expiring), LeVert (we don’t want), Holiday and a bunch of nobodies.

That makes me think the target is bigger. Probably Wood and/or Tate. I’m sure they would have some interest in an EG for LeVert swap, but that alone doesn’t get you from 23 or 24 to 13.

Only logical conclusion I can draw is they probably asked for a Wood, we countered with Tate and then negotiations stalled.

saleem likes this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Wood for 13 would be an outrageous overpay for 13. I still think if GSW strikes out on Siakim we will end up with 7 and Wiseman at the least. Not sure that is enough for me, as I really think Wood will be an all-star next year.

baller4life315 likes this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yeah, Wood for the #13 is ludicrous.

Wood for Wiseman + 7/14 is enough to catch my attention. I would need to see a thorough examination from Rockets brass, though. Everything from health to coachability to you name it. If they had full confidence in him and thought they could unlock him, then that’s a haul. I don’t think GSW offers that much, though.

I don’t expect us to trade the #2. Though, I can envision a chess match between us and Cleveland resulting in them forfeiting a protected future 1st or Okoro to ensure we don’t take Mobley. Provided, of course, we maintain the front of Green vs Mobley being a coin toss on our end.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

the Rockets, after a decade in the wilderness, are nicely set up with draft picks till 2027 or so whenever the Harden picks run out.

Having more than 3 first rounders in one year or even 5 in 2 years is too bulgey - there's a problem with having too many draft picks because you can't get value from them all via playing time/development, contracts all expiring etc, and then you have to become a seller and everyone knows it (see Presti now)

baller4life315 likes this.
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I dont think Wood is getting Wiseman,7 and 14.

Id take Wiseman and 7. Id probably take Wiseman and 14 honestly.

MrButtocks likes this.
  16. JD88

JD88 Member

Davion Mitchell would be a good fit.

Looks like a leader in the locker room and an example on the floor. He's older, but mature, and not ball dominant.

His defense would and shooting would be a great compliment to KPJ.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I want to like Mitchell more than I do, but I just can’t get over the fact that he shoots 65% from the FT line and hasn’t gotten better. Makes no sense.

#357 Houston77, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. saleem

He would be really awesome at 13. I would never trade Wood for him. I might consider moving Tate for him. Tate isn't a point guard like Davion, but he might develop into an emergency backup point guard. If Nwaba was on a 1 year contract and without any injuries, I would be more willing to trade Tate. I will trade him for Jalen Johnson if he's physically and mentally ready to play.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Things I'm reading that I don't agree with

1."We need bigs". The only one ranked high is Mobley, the rest are in the 40th-55th range. Let's use our 23th pick for that?
    2. "We need defensive players". No we don't, we need better play makers and scorers. The Tuckers and Beverleys are a dime a dozen.
    3. "KPjr is the pg." I'm not too sure of that yet. Could be a ticking time bomb or a jamal crawford type player.

20. ReturnOfTheMac

Trade EGO and the 23rd pick for 13
    Trade the second pick, 13th pick and 22nd pick for the first pick?