1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All star game protest?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Radricky, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yep and Let all pitchers get all “sticky” cheating questions. Roberts should have a lot of fun fielding Bauer questions too

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I love it. Wish come true. These guys are brothers and they have an axe to grind. Let the purists cry.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Love it

dcfma, clos4life and BA1990 like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Good. Worthless game anyway. Rest up and get ready for the 2nd half.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

A couple? It was four. I’m not paying to read Rosenstale but I assume DB was referring to the SSS

BigMaloe, Handles, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I got a good chuckle lol

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

That article was sketchy. If de Grom and Betts weren’t also missing the ASG, Rosenthal would have been on the same train as Olney and all the rest of the idiots. Outside of the first few paragraphs, and last couple, the entire article goes over the reason why the Astros are missing the game, why they probably should have to go anyway, calls out Correa at least twice for his initial excuse (wife’s pregnancy), mentions how Altuve’s leg was ailing but he busted down the line the other night, how Brantley had played in 5 straight games even though he was banged up, talks about how they would have to face media pressure if they had gone and tees it up again for next year saying they whoever is selected will have to deal with it then, and then starts talking about how the NHL has a rule to suspend players for one game if they refuse to show.

Basically, it read as if Rosenthal has his article teed up to go…and then the news came out about Betts so he made a quick rewrite to make it seem like he was OK with it now. Pretty scummy.

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I guess I'm the first to learn that these 4 Astros are the only 4 players in the history of All Star games ro ever choose rest or family obligations over playing a meaningless game (at altitude)...

Il glad they are all sitting it out. Let's win the AL. Screw exhibitions.

10. vince

vince Member

Astros have one goal, it’s them against the world… Screw the other MLB comradeship. It’s Astros baseball, or nothing!

I like this snub of attendance by Astros players. The Astros were betrayed by the union and the rest of baseball. Out of all the cheats and schemes to gain the systems; the baseball snobs come down on the Astros, when Beltran snitched about the Yankee tricks they’d been using to win titles in the 2000’s… Steroids being pushed by team trainers, corked bats, foreign substance in balls, juiced balls, Apple Watches, high tech sign stealing, etc…. But because the Yankees gig was blown by Beltran, the MLB put a halt on certain forms of sign stealing.

Dang, I’m boycotting that exhibition fiasco as well.

11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

The middle leg?

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

This is your 2021 MLB NO - STAR game...

I feel bad for Colorado, but MLB deserves to be shunned. My ALL - STAR game was played last night.

edwardc likes this.
  13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

"At this point with all of the Astros pulling out of the all star game it really doesn't seem like a coincidence."

And yet it is.

dcfma likes this.
  14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I see Brantley and Pressley pulling out of the game not for protest, but for unity with his baseball brothers. Many great players have skipped the game mostly for rest. The best thing about the All-Star baseball game are the player introductions.

The Beard and Radricky like this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

Glad they are all standing together on this giving MLB the big middle finger.

16. vince

vince Member

its obvious that MLB used the Astros as scapegoats in the ever present strife by every major league team for an edge.

Verlander calling out the juiced ball just before the 2019 All-star game garnered the wrath of MLB against the Astros. They went from ML darling to the most sinister group of guys who’ve ever donned a ML baseball uniform.

Oh why did Verlander feel inclined to bring up what everyone already knew! But I guess that is what whistleblower get, they get wrath of the perpetrators…

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Boycott the HR derby on espn. Dont give the nielsen rating. Stream it instead. Lulz.

The Beard likes this.
  19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yep, F em

20. Buck Turgidson

I let MLB know last week that I was sitting out All Star Weekend, need to rest up for the 2nd half of the season.