1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

True…but unfortunately he is surrounded by a bunch of enablers and boot-lickers like Quincy Avery and David Mulagheta that were willing to look the other way when it was clear he was out of control. He needs to cut ties with members of his inner circle in order to get his life back under control.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/h...ils-emerge-from-deshaun-watsons-offseason/amp

#2882 zeeshan2, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Watson will basically have to settle out of court if he wants to play.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When has he blamed anybody else?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Tried to blame the Texans organization for not letting him in on the GM search. First tried to blame the women that this was just a money grab and he didn’t do anything (since backtracked). Tried to insinuate through lyrics that he was being wronged, everybody lying to him. Has yet to make any sort of public statement or comment on anything… neither his out of nowhere trade demand, the allegations, or his overall state of mind heading into the season.

he could have taken ownership of all situations awhile ago. Could have set the narrative rather than relying on his agents or cryptic social media. It’s all adding to the sketchiness. Sponsors fleeing should have invited some sort of response if he’s truly innocent.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread.

He never said he did not do anything and we still don't know if its a money grab.

You have yet to show one example of him blaming anyone for this situation, what is he supposed to take ownership of?

He already has admitted to having sex with some of these women is that not taking ownership?

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ok, champ. Whatever. and he’s yet to say anything… hasn’t spoken to the media since the last game of the season.

he’s a weird dude with addiction issues who’s career earnings, potential, and legacy is at risk if he doesn’t start image rehab… which starts with actual appearances/interviews, not whatever the f he and his enablers have gone with.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think it's more than at risk and at some point he is gonna have to admit to some shady **** but it is not in his best interest to say anything at this point in time.

This is the reason you have representation.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Silence isn’t helping him gain favor in any way. If he truly didn’t do anything that bad, admit it… move on… settle whatever damages you need to do and proceed with trying to salvage your career in a sport that already has low life expectancy.

And if he’s truly mad at the Texans for being the Texans, speak up… he already had the media on his side in regards to that, now he’s facing a dilemma of almost wishing the commissioners office exempts him or he’s going to be suiting up and trying his best to stay healthy and put on a showcase for teams who can’t really afford king’s ransom trades for all of what he has on the table right now.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah silence is not helping him but its not hurting him either.

I don't understand how you think settling with the things he has been accused of will help anything.

Nobody is just gonna forget that he has been accused of rape because he settles and he can be in danger of the Texans using the moral clause to terminate his contract.

I think this will be the biggest contract he will earn and every other contract will be under the cloud of these accusations.

You seem to think if he settles and just says my bad all of this goes away?

I don't see that.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

His legal defense strategy was that he used lots of women due to the “pandemic”… and at first denying any activity, then saying he slept with some, then trotting out some token people that he happened to not be predatory towards (but not denying the ones that he was)… its just a bunch of bullshit.

The damage has been done. Him staying silent delays the image rehab. Unless he’s truly at fault for much of what he’s accused of, then yeah… don’t speak out and lie.

There’s honestly not much more to discuss. The point was that if team Deshaun wanted to have a smooth escape from a fan base that won’t be sad to see him go, they’ve got that… but it came at a huge price. If he wanted to admit that he’s gotten help for a serious issue that has stained his legacy, it will help speed up the healing process.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I honestly think it's nothing more than a gag order being placed behind the scenes, negotiations ongoing. Posturing by the lawyers, because they both want to up their profile, and Watson's immediate camp wanting him to "shut up and dribble" so to speak -in the sense that once he gets in the field, that play leads to forgiveness.

Not saying that makes it right, but I think it's a decent strategy, to be honest. Did Roethlisberger admit to anything publicly? I honestly can't remember, and I know tons of Steelers fans, and basically live in their prime market. Nobody cares. You hear a joke about it once in a great while, but that's it. If Watson stays in Houston, by some slim chance, it'll be like that, except a little bit more noise. If he's traded to Philadelphia, say, it'll be the Roethlisberger situation, basically, once a settlement is reached.

13. Major

Major Member

You seem to think PR games in the media are somehow relevant. A legal defense strategy plays out in court - none of what you said has been stated in any courtroom.

It's funny to see people who know literally none of the facts of the case and have already made up their own conclusions about Waton be so adamant about what his next move should be and what the right move is for his future and his legacy.

ElPigto and likestohypeguy like this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don’t care much for PR games…. Nor for people who take serious situations and turn them into PR games. His defense did try to explain the reason he frequented so many women on instagram is because of the pandemic. I also don’t think any of this ever gets to court, but waiting long enough to where settlements can happen in a anti-climactic fashion…. And he doesn’t have to explain himself.

Similar to people who knew literally none of the details of these allegations at the time of Watson declaring he wanted out, and everybody automatically presumed it was because they didn’t hire the GM he wanted? It is strange how that narrative quickly went away once more details and testimony started coming up and team Watson basically had to concede/acknowledge that he has a thing about hooking up with questionable instagram masseuses.

If Watson has gotten the help he needed for his addiction, that’s going to serve him better long term than any GM decision, any song lyric quote, or any corporate sponsor.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It seems you have your mind made up about everything, the level of guilt and how it all goes away.

Yes the damage has been done and I don't care about the timeline for the image rehab and I certainly don't think him staying silent has anything to do with guilt or innocence there is nothing he can say right now that would change anybodies mind.

I know you are too smart to think it's a matter of being truly at fault or speaking out and for some reason you think he needs to speed up the process, for what?

16. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Not sure if anyone here cares or not, but I’ll just mention it in case someone does.

Deshaun has liked 2 tweets in the past week or so from Texan fans mentioning different things. One about buying his Texan jersey and another about a Texan fan basically making some type of Deshaun mural in his room.

On top of that, Deshaun has liked dozens of Dylan Thompson tweets over the past month( the new character coach that Easterby supposedly hired).

It may not mean a damn thing at all. Just find it kind of strange.

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If there was ever an organization that is set up for a repentance/redemption/salvation narrative, it'd be this one, right?

The whole (allegedly) sordid thing is (still) just horrible.

Htown Legend likes this.
  18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The ideal situation for Texans would be for DW4 to settle, NFL slaps an 8 game suspension on him, and they can trade him to another team without him taking another snap. Better to let teams think they are trading for the MVP caliber QB in his prime than to risk his game regressing due to the toll his legal issues could take on his confidence.

I think of Tiger Woods and how the incident with his wife seemed to screw up his dominance

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You mean the incident with his back?

jiggyfly and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Think what you want, but I think they both played a roll.

#2900 The Real Shady, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021