1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does School Stress Enough That Amassing Wealth Was A Major Reason America Exists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 11, 2021.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In the sense that if you weren't a noble you couldnt be as wealthy as them.. I never thought about that and I did well in history class. I never thought about it cause I never heard it from a teacher

Wealth is directly related to freedom. It's not the only reason for freedom. Wealth kind of is in contrast to religion the other half what is split for the major reasons America exists. So when they talk about freedom and religion being the reasons they want freedom to be as noble as religion

American values are bipolar about Wealth. We all want be wealthy but we believe money is the root of all evol.

Some people are taught this at home and some people never know and it causes some uncessary division in politics

#1 pgabriel, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  2. DonatelloLimestone

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

America is wealthy because it had an abundance of resources, freedom for enterprise, and geographically it was far enough away from the major assholes of the time. Now it's given up its freedom and tied itself at the hip with countries that hate freedom and we are getting pulled down because our most wealthy make money off globalism; and they make the decisions through puppets in D.C. They care not what happens in America. They literally have zero interest in seeing America do better than other countries if it doesn't profit them.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your point is about childhood education but you don’t mention any dates, events, people, resources, etc to back up the thesis. I would start there. Were the early settlers like the Puritans, Pilgrims, etc. abundantly wealthy and did that wealth have anything to do with their story? … maybe.

I think wealth and colonialism is certainly something to look at in combination but that’s just one part of the founding of this country. The founders very much founded our constitution on the Romans and the Greeks, but they mostly had ties to Britain with a very wealthy monarchy. So yes all of that does look back on a history of a great deal of wealth even though the wealthy Greek system of Democracy is the antithesis of 1700’s British Monarchy.

Wealth and modern day freedoms though I don’t know. “Freedoms” are sort of subjective at this point. Half of the country now defines “Freedom” as their ability to impose their prerogatives on the other half with police state like powers so that’s not exactly the technical term for freedoms.

Sure in a general sense money does buy you personal freedoms like freedom of movement via cars, boats, planes etc. Freedom from violence via paying for security systems, bodyguard etc. etc etc. But I don’t see the evidence to suggest that you need great wealth in order to observe what the Romans setup with a Republic and aspire to that form of government and society.

As long as you have enough people of general means to be able to tax and to spend their income on consumer goods in order to entice enterprise sure… that’s pretty much the jist of it. I don’t think you need great wealth just a large enough amount of people with general consumer spending ability.

#4 dobro1229, Jul 11, 2021
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Columbus wanted to get rich. Everything literally starts there

I don't like writing everything I'm thinking in a first post in a thread like this. What i should have stressed in a very specific sense, is agriculture dominated economies and the nobility were entitled to valuable land

In an even more specific sense, America built its initial Wealth in agriculture through extremely hard work and the King wanted to use that wealth fund ventures across the globe that didn't benefit the colonies

So in a theoretical sense and a very specific sense as to why the Revolutionary War started.

Freedom allowed the colonist to dictate what this country's priorities were including letting economics run its course as to how this country built wealth. We got this new fertile we can plant almost anything the rest of the world wants

As far as religion, it literally had nothing to do with the war.

#5 pgabriel, Jul 11, 2021
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

TFreedom is incorporated in taxation without representation

Republicans values revolve around less government and taxes till this day. The subject of taxes dominates one party's politics and that flows from the original debates between the founding fathers on the subject of central government vs state's rights.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m glad you mentioned money. I’m a contributing member and these cheap suckers aren’t.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

might be of interest

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Books cost $42.00? No wonder kids don't read these days.

Ubiquitin, jiggyfly and pgabriel like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I read the summary of this and it seems to be either indirectly or directly capturing the idea I'm trying to relate.

Confession, and it's something I'm not ashamed of but I definitely not proud of and a few posters are going to say this isn't surprising. I've never read a book outside of being required to in an academic setting.

It probably won't start here but I do appreciate the suggestion.

I I'm not a freedom anti federal government nut. I just think that some people don't apprappreciate America as the land of opportunity.

Some people think that the pursuit of wealth tby the founding fathers and other prominent citizens throughput this country's is like a conspiracy. They think these people have not been honest about their pursuit of wealth as it relates to their American values and have tried to cloak this pursuit with more altruistic goals for the country as well as their personal lives

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you have a lot of drive time or other (yard work, house work, exercise) time, you may want to consider audio books.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

American history class from Columbus through the Revolution references wealth several times as reasons for individual significant events but doesn't stress wealth at all as a goal of the founding fathers.

Im 46 years is old and only understood European nobility's entitlement of land in the last few years. I thought a lot of the big American families held large amounts of land in Europe

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Does clutchfans stress enough that amassing likes was the major reason this place exists ;)

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

we need a Roc Paint versus LPH thread I think :cool:

16. Roc Paint

Please Don’t

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

how about Roc Paint versus Tinman? :D

Roc Paint likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

you know I can’t hold a candle to a 99er

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I doubt anyone can

Roc Paint likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you guys want, you can just ask him to pull his pants down. @Roc Paint made no secret about wanting to spank dudes . Sucking is prolly not too far off lmao

#20 LosPollosHermanos, Jul 11, 2021