1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but this years cp3 is healthier!

Ubiquitin and Easy like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good point. But he was healthy in 2018 until he got hurt. This year, he wasn't that healthy in the first round against the Lakers but was able to come back strong in later rounds. Minutes per game is pretty much the same.

Comparing CP3 between the two seasons, the interesting thing is, his production is fairly similar. He scored more in 2018 but was slightly less efficient and had much lower assist numbers. The offensive style and fit likely have something to do with the difference.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You got it mostly covered, I just want him to win, that is all.

raining threes and Easy like this.
  4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

Except you simply cannot read:

Try again buddy. I know I use words that are a bit too complex for you:

"I get what you are trying to say, but that is just not true. You don't directly train the ligaments, but you strengthen and solidify them by improving the strength, endurance, and flexibility in your quads, hamstrings, core, and lower extremity stabilizer muscles, NOT taking anabolic steroids (HGH seems to be protective for ligaments and tendons however).

Some people are certainly more injury prone, and there are idiopathic reasons for this, but many musculoskeletal injuries originate with kinetic chain deficits. When you add trauma to the situation a torn ligament is even that much more likely."

"Strengthening the surrounding muscles and doing everything I said in the previous post does in fact strengthen the integrity of the knee (since we are using acl, mcl, pcl as the examples).

Regardless of whether or not you are specifically isolating them is irrelevant. A stronger knee is less prone to injury."

I then went on to listed specific studies on proprioceptive training and research with respect to ACL injuries. Even went out of my way to point out that just because you don't cut the ACL out of your knee and walk it over the the squat rack to get swole, it doesn't mean you aren't training your ACL. (You are). Your ACL responds to proprioceptive feedback. A college freshmen in anatomy/physiology could tell you this. It's not that difficult to understand.

Your ACL has sensory receptors, including Golgi Tendon Organs. All of these proprioceptive feedback organs work collaboratively and in conjunction. Even a kinetic chain deficit in your ankle can manifest in knee issues. It is all interconnected.

I don't care if you are going to try to continue to troll for a year. You are WRONG. You always will be, and I will continue to expose you for your blind stupidity.

#684 STR8Thugg, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

**CF's special alert** for a limited time only, @STR8Thugg is offering a once and a lifetime deal.

Strictly train your ACL only.

Payments not accepted: crypto, cash, credit

Accepting quadruple patty burgers, extra ranch, extra cheese only. Must maintain being a fat dumbass who has no athletic bone.

I couldn't give too shitts what you do. You’re nothing in reality and You're literally a nobody around here. I continue to LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#685 YOLO, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So you're agreeing with everything I've said.

CP3+Harden > CP3+Booker.
    Booker complements CP3 better.
    2018 Rockets > 2021 Suns.

7. STR8Thugg

[​IMG]

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wasn't really arguing with you. Just wanted to present facts.

Not sure. You can't just look at boxscores. They have different role players. There might be some advanced stats out there to isolate the combos' impacts.
    Yes
    Yes, but not as much as some posters here say. The Suns are better on offense. The Rockets were better on defense. Net results favor the Rockets. You seem to have been arguing on the offensive front. If so, you are wrong. The Harden-CP3 led Rockets offense in 2018 were not better than the Suns this year.

9. STR8Thugg

I think it make more sense to compare their respective ranking in the season each team had it. The Rockets were #1 in the league in offensive rating in 2018. The Suns were 5th in 2021. Offensive ratings have continued to go up and up as teams shoot more 3's every year.

Zboy and Easy like this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The reported stats favor Harden over Booker even if the fit isn't as good with CP3. Harden is just that much better than Booker. I will say that watching CP3+Booker is more pleasing than CP3+Harden. The team concept the Suns run is exciting to watch moreso than the iso-Rockets.

I never argued offensively. I even stated the Rockets were slightly lower in offensive rating. The 2018 Rockets overall were much better than this Suns team. Looking back at the stats, I'm shocked to see we were 65-17 with Paul missing 1/3 of the season. Imagine how much better they would be if Paul was as healthy as he was now.

Zboy, STR8Thugg and Easy like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I just sent acuna jr your special

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are right. Relative to league average, the 2017-18 Rockets were better on offense than this year's Suns. Using the same method, the 2018 Rockets and this year's Suns both ranked 6th at DRtg. So the Suns' defense this years isn't really worse than the Rockets as I thought.

Zboy and STR8Thugg like this.
  13. STR8Thugg

[​IMG]

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Glad you received it. Your mom left them here originally

15. STR8Thugg

Yeah, and the Rockets net rating was #1 overall in 2018, and significantly better than PHX's this year.

There is a reason that team won 65 games and had the Warriors on the brink. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

ISO heavy offense favors ball dominant scorers like Harden. That's why Harden can "carry" an offense by himself better than a guy like Curry or Booker. That by itself does not necessarily mean that Harden is a better offensive player than the other guys (although I do believe Harden is better). It just means that Harden's game is better suited for solo offense. One example is Allen Iverson. He is widely regarded as one of the best solo offensive player but not very good at fitting with another dominant scorer. That said, Harden has shown that he could fit with Durant and Irving. But he clearly needed to sacrifice some of his game to do that. We will never know if he was willing to do that with CP3, how it would have been.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

And was Harden able to carry his own team until Cp3 comes back like Booker?
    I dont think so
    @Duncan McDonuts

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the valey oop

another thing where the suns are better than 2018 rockets is they were able to overcome the refs and again its due to midrange, booker being more flexible and more coachable than harden and having better role players and better coaching

when you have midrange you're a bit refs proof because youre not dependant on drives to the rim where the whistles stay silent or cold spells from 3... and the suns are worlds better than rockets in that department

to be fair harden would have won vs gsw if the refs let them do it, however they didnt, but the refs also tried to steal suns game 2 vs clippers and the suns were simply not having it making the toughest play in basketball to beat the refs... the valley oop...again better skills better role players, better star player that are more coachable and more flexible and more clutch... and better coaching!

if that was 2018 rockets they try to shoot a 3, harden doesnt even move his feet on the inbound and is denied the ball, makes an offensive foul or receives the ball in so bad a position that it ends up being a huge airball... its not like we didnt watch that film with harden in the clutch....

Its simple, suns had better stars duo, better role players, better coaching and the better team!
    suns in 4!
    rockets 2018 had nothing on these suns except nostalgia

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Eh.

There is a difference between a Kawhi-less Clippers and a fully loaded All Star Warriors team with Durant on it.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not sure how this thread got off tangent to compare Suns to Rockets.

As for the DRtg rankings comparison, Rockets were a different team, in terms of defense, once Bzdelik’s complicated switching defense got fully implemented and we stopped playing Ryno. Our defense just took over. Dont forget, we went 28-1 and 33-2.

boring Wins

They were 3rd from January 8th on. Really sucks we lost Luc in the last week, though.

#700 heypartner, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Easy and hakeem94 like this.