1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Taxes - Turns out - the man is a fraud and deeply in debt!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 28, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How is it a conflict of interest? She works for the company. Her business does a service for the the company. Her interest is a the company

You're reading way to too much into it. See my response to to No Worries

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes that's a conflict of interest. If you are an employee for the company but have a side business that provides a service to the company that is a conflict because then your business decisions as an employee can be seen as self serving.

For example. I'm an employee of a development company but I'm also an architect with an architecture firm. The developer wants to build a new condo project. As an employee of the development company I have an unfair, and under the AIA guidelines an unethical, advantage over other architects. Further if my architecture firm gets the project if there is a dispute between client (developer) and architect I become conflicted in who's interest I represent, or even worse I use my position at one to undermine the interests of the other in the conflict.

Under such a position I could potentially lose my license and face other sanctions. My guess is the same guidelines apply for most professions.

Besides that under tax law consultants and employees are treated differently. If I'm doing the same work I have to be categorized as or the other because of withholding rules. This is a frequent issue with small businesses.
    https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...ependent-contractor-self-employed-or-employee

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That has nothing to do with tax laws.

It's a family owned company they can do whatever the fuq they want as long as its legal

4. adoo

adoo Member

Yet another eg of the mental midget’s ignorance

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It's not legal. That's the point.

I remembered we had covered this months ago.
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...nd-deeply-in-debt.307506/page-7#post-13141802

Now I don't know what your job is or your background but if you ever do end up in a position of hiring, handling withholding or act as an independent contractor this stuff is important. Leaving the Trumps out of this I've seen several businesses get fined and sanctioned over such things. In fact in my early days as a design consultant I didn't properly handle my own self-employment tax payments and ended up paying a fine to the IRS.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Let me back up, there is nothing illegal about the set up

You're describing a scenario that is a conflict of interest. As long as said employee acts ethically and and there is no conflict of interest

Secondly she's not an employee she is an owner so her motivation is in the best interests of the company

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Ethically you would have to separate yourself from the situation by being one or the other.

That she is an owner that makes it even more of a conflict. Following the previous example if I'm an owner in the development firm and I hire myself as an architect I could pay the architect an above market rate creating a loss for the developer and then use that as a tax write off while I profit on the other end. If the developer has a much larger tax liability than the architecture firm any increase in revenue would be offset by the write off at the other end.

That's exactly the type of double dealing that lands people in trouble and why this is an issue.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ya think?

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

She is an owner of the Rrump company. She is gonna do what's in its best interests

And secondly you're still describing a scenario in which someone takes advantage of their position. The setup isn't inherently a conflict

There is nothing illegal about setup. Do not care beyond that

#309 pgabriel, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  10. adoo

adoo Member

too stupid to understand that

most of Trump co compensations to Ivk had been in the form of a paycheck w all the applicable tax withholding and Payroll tax​

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Owners can't be take salaries?

Secondly I'm only making the point she is gonna do what's best for her the company

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@adoo

If I'm so stupid what does that say about your pathetic life you bumped this thread six months after the fact to lie snout Ivanka Trump is continue an argument with me

13. adoo

adoo Member

mental midget publicizing his ignorance again

Blatz likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

6 mo after the NYT reporting of the IVKA tax fraud scheme, Trump co CFO was indicted for tax fraud,
    lending more credence to the NYT reporting

ur lie that Ivk is not an employee

#314 adoo, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, if the setup is legal, but illegalities occur within the legal setup, you don't care about that?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yes I would

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm not sure how much better I can explain it.

Of course she's acting in the best interest of the company. By double dealing she's magnifying tax write off for her company while keeping profits. That is great for her company not so much for tax collections or business ethics. And yes stuff like this is illegal. I and others have stated several times going back months ago how stuff like this is illegal.

Blatz likes this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

mental midget needs to heed the sage words of Abe Lincoln,

best to remain silent and be thought of as a fool,
    than to speak to remove all doubts

the mental midget needs to do himself a favor, stop publicizing his ignorance​

mental midget does not understand that it has everything to do w the tax law,

thus, the NYT reporting on the tax fraud scheme
    and the indictment of the co's CFO, w more to come
    for the education of the mental midget, the laws apply to every tax entities---family-owned co, corp, non-profits and etc.

the Trump university and the Trump charity were family-owned;
    they broke the law, and the Feds took them down​

#318 adoo, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why would any tax paying/law abidng/honest american even defend this family of tax cheats

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ivanka is hot and @pgabriel trusts her.