1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYT] A Disparaging Video Prompts Explosive Fallout Within ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 4, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

After some self reflection and reading your post again I was wrong to say that, I got you mixed up with some other posters.

My bad.

This entire issue has really bothered me and I don't like the piling on and some people making this a racial issue.

[​IMG]

gatsby and Nook like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just need to have this heard twice

Rocket River

Rudyc281 and gatsby like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is shade we have seen ALOT
    and
    Have it washed away by the mythical magical power of white woman's tears

ooooohhh she said she was sorry
    nah . . .not really

The white skank that lied on Emmitt Till said she was sorry too . . . .50 years later

Rocket River

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

he be spendin too much time in casa ole.... consequences

RustyHarden likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW!

Are we really judging this to what the white woman did to Emmitt Till?

Wee might need to tap the brakes a bit.;

rockbox likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They both apologize. . . . ..
    that is the comparison

Rocket River

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why would you compare the 2 incidents?

One is a workplace incident the other was a lynching and in the Till case she knew the consequences.

Are you really gonna double down?

JW86 likes this.
  8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Wow. The propaganda machine worked on you huh. Did you imagine an eagle flying in front of the American flag as you wrote this?

America became the most powerful country in the world like every other powerful country has: took it from someone else ruthlessly. They took land from the Native Americans and then they exploited Black people with slavery and then further economic sanctions that crippled them for 400 years. The big bad Adolf Hitler himself studied American racism and Jim Crow so that he could use something similar in his own country. I mean hell we were destabilizing black communities in the 80s with drugs and then incriminated them for it in the 90s and 00s. My goodness. You can be proud to be American if you'd like to, but do not be ignorant to this country's very chequered past. I would rather you be proud of the country and acknowledge the injustices than living in this fairytale world. I'm at a loss for words.

And btw, many countries offer freedom to their citizens. America is not the first. America has stripped freedoms from people throughout its history more than just about anybody.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN drama >>>>> NBA Finals

ZZZZZZZ

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Too few people, fans but even more so around the league, are taking this into consideration for why ratings are as bad they are. Best believe if TNT had the Finals, it would be way better. Nobody’s hanging around for that.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

To me it is natural that people turn off or switch channels on the TV, when annoying or loud commercials come on.

Selling products from commercials is business.

When players ask the referee why it is taking so long to play the game. They say it is Commercial break. SMH.

The Allen Iverson video with the referee is a huge example. That is why Allen Iverson got blackballed. I think Allen is a very honest guy despite his look back then when tattoos and braids were taboo.

Commissioner David Stern never wanted Allen Iverson to win a Title, Referees always rigged games against him.

I hope ratings continually go down. The Basketball Play is more important than selling products, jerseys, shoe sales.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't kid yourself bud. Suns vs bucks is a snooze fest. All first timers getting a ring and the biggest names/narrative is cp3 finally having his chance for one after 16 years yawn vs giannnis.

It's hard for any channel to make it fun to watch. I didn't even bother watching the first two finals game.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. tksense

tksense Member

The Finals, esp being on the network, inherently attract significantly more advertisers than normal. Still, it's clear the countdown crew can't really generate much interesting contents at haftime, hence the production rather shift it back to the sideline crew way before 3rd quarter, so we can enjoy more of the same crew who already talk the whole game anyway. -_-

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Neither of them are good enough to warrant all this drama. What a cluster****.

On another note, Mendelsohn and Rachel Nichols aren't the only 2 people on Earth that are fatigued with BLM and Me Too.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

So is "WHITE PRIVILEGE!!!" just the acceptable, racist way of saying someone is only successful bc of their race?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

pathetic bait attempt…move along

jiggyfly and STR8Thugg like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

tinman likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Maria is the future of sports broad casting.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would.

BigShasta likes this.