1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: What was the last thing you purchased from a Pawn Shop?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jul 6, 2021.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

in the late 80's there was a pawn shop by my grandparents house in san antonio and they had a great selection of tapes and records. my first pawn shop purchases were cassettes from there whenever we were visiting. i got minor threat-out of step when i was about 14. sisters of mercy, misfits, smiths, depeche mode, REM, the cure.

that pawn shop was probably the single most important thing when it came to my musical journey away from what was on the radio.

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Perhaps, but calling Tomball Pawn a pawn shop is sort of weird now. It has basically morphed into one of the best gun shops in Houston over the years. They sell mostly new.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Long time ago now but a pair of old school 70s style tower speakers with 12" woofers, mid range and tweeters.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’ve been playing guitar again recently but dont have an amp for my electric. I was trying to play devil in jersey city, but it sounded stupid on acoustic.

Might need to drop by one to pick up a practice amp.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So the Next Question: HAVE YOU EVER SOLD/PAWNED ANYTHING AT THE SHOP?
    What Was it?

I pawned a necklace. . . . got robbed

Rocket River

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The real question is, what the hell is the margin on one of those 10-20k mattresses? Sell one a month and you can probably float a store front, employees and all the utilities.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That and buying gold for way less than market value.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I bought some hi-hats and a 22-in ride cymbal for $50 about 20 years ago....

My best friend is a HS band director and he buys crappy used band instruments for cheap, fixes them up himself and then sells them for twice what he paid for them. He keeps a spreadsheet of his yearly profits and makes several thousand bucks every year. It's a pretty good racket if you know what you're doing.

10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Surprisingly, never purchased anything from a pawn shop.