1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

just my observation, the growth stocks is heavily correlated w the 10-yr treasury.

over the past ~~ 2 months, the 10-yr yield has dropped from 1.7 to 1.3 today; NVDA, MSFT, AAPL, FB, NFLX and others have risen from the ashes,
    some of them have reached all-time highs

for MSFT, this tailwind is strong enough to overcome the bad news on the JEDI program​

#16841 adoo, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's insane to think MSFT has gone up 100% in 2 years.

Ziggy likes this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

@saitou
    Citius Pharmaceuticals (CTXR) said that it expects to complete a Phase 3 study for its drug candidate Mino-Lok by early 2022 and to file for US regulatory approval in 2022.

saitou likes this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Bloodbath for my smallcaps. Silver lining is cvm up 8% on insider buying. Ceo bought $200k worth, signaling his confidence. He previously bought a lot at 84 cents when ppl thought they were going bankrupt awhile back.

Sajan likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

looking ugly. but just gonna hodl and slowly average down.

real economy still looking good yeah? earnings have been good, and valuations don't really look stretched as long as growth companies keep growing.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. PWR

PWR Member

$CARV

Round of applause!!!
    That's how you blow up a stock.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Do you guys hire an adviers to help you manage your assets? If so what is a good number to pay the adviser as a % of your account? I don't have one but might consider getting one.

8. adoo

adoo Member

just as i thought that i had something figured out, the market slaps me in the face to remind that
    things are not so straight forward / logical

today the 10-yr yield drops to 1.29; yet, all the indices are having a meltdown :confused:
    file this under momentary market perturbation; i remain bullish on US stocks, in particular FAANG and base material

sold an Aug 137/132 PUT credit spread---collecting $2.55 premium in advance---defining my max risk to be $2.45

also sold AAPL covered CALL, Jan 2022 150 strike, for $8.45

#16848 adoo, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    saitou, Ziggy and Sajan like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope you guys grabbed AMC at sub-40. Free cashhhhhhh.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Interesting question, I haven't used one but most I've seen are 0.25-1% or fee based unless they're making you some crazy returns and it's somehow not a Ponzi etc... More than likely if you find one and they're promising something crazy I'd stay away.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Blah, no... And I missed newegg too, I had been watching it randomly and sure enough missed out. I Should just post stuff I'm watching, haha

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Thanks

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The people I know who use one seem to do fine-to-great. Usually they are older (my parents or friend's parents) but a few are my age. But they just hold long - how hard can it be. I asked to see portfolios out of curiosity and they just buy and hold index funds. Change strategy slightly as you age.

One person I know was advised to stockpile their employee Home Depot stock for life basically. And it's paid off HUGE.

Meanwhile, an advisor told my dad to sell off his Target stock like 2 years ago, to minimize risk, which umm... backfired.

So...

I don't think any "normal" advisors are going to be buying or selling options or anything crazy.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've hired an elite team to prevent me from going bankrupt by investing everything in Boeing.

saitou and Sajan like this.
  15. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I hire the posters on this thread for a fee of 0.00% of assets. I pay in likes.

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Buffett thinks fund managers struggle to beat index. I tried looking at robo Advisors, then I realise they just choose a basket of index funds according to your preferred risk profile and charge you a fee on top of what the index charges you - so I just went out and bought the index funds the advisor would have recommended anyway. Then I thought y not save on index fees and just buy faang which make up a huge % of an s&p or msci index. That started me down the rabbit hole of diy, and in a few months I was gambling on options and penny stocks lolz.

AWIN, adoo, CCity Zero and 1 other person like this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

bought back in june; up 60% today!

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ntent-to-Go-Public-on-New-York-Stock-Exchange

alright sold half. was running really low on cash; have $ to speculate again.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

CVM is turning the corner here??

saitou likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Anyone win the SMTP lotto? 400,000-800,000%+...
    Even a $100 investment would have been great

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bought MSFT@276 today.