1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sleeping on Suggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, Jul 6, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Reeeal Short!

[​IMG]

ThatBoyNick and Salvy like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Toronto is willing to give OGA with Suggs for the 2nd pick and EGO, I might consider it. Suggs would have to have a great workout, and only if Green/ Mobley went through the motions along with all that. Cleveland doesn't have anything to interest me.

My interest in Suggs isn't high.

roslolian likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Raptors are on the cusp of rebuilding. Ego does not make any sense for them.

While his contract isn't an albatross, it's heavy.

saleem likes this.
  4. saleem

I admit you're correct. I'm just wondering if the Raptors really want the 2nd pick badly. My guess is probably not. Ujiri is very smart.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. sydmill

sydmill Member

I considered Anunoby rather than their 2022 pick but I consider the 3 to be one of the Rockets logjam positions. Tate and Martin both need minutes there and while Anunoby is probably the better player he is also much more expensive.

D-rock likes this.
  6. saleem

The 2022 pick is something I didn't consider. It appeals to me very much. I consider OGA as a 2 more than a 3. I would gladly take a unprotected 1st rounder instead of him.

burlesk likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

He can dribble without losing it off his foot?

Being serious for a sec, Suggs has also struggled in PnR.

Suggs is a wizard in transition, like Wall, but he is not nearly as polished running half court offense.

burlesk likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Porter did it in 2nd season, while learning a new position.

Possum, Bo6, burlesk and 1 other person like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is also funny to me. This "ceiling" is something folks are being told. You have absolutely no clue what his ceiling is. You merely read on draft express so and so has this ceiling and roll with it. That's pretty much it. The majority of folks haven't even watched a full game of these players and just spent like a few minutes on youtube. Ceiling found

And many of the best players in the league have come from the elite programs in college that did well. It has translated a ton. But most people around here don't even follow a lick of college basketball, so they have little to no idea. They just suddenly became experts because the rockets are the worst team in the league with a finally early pick

#49 YOLO, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    groovemachine and BallaDoc like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox gave Rafer Alston for Lowry. Seems crazy we use no 2 in a deep ass draft for backup pg.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

There will be quite a few good PG options in 2nd and UDFA.

Like you said, deep draft.

fattz and burlesk like this.
  12. rocketseagles07

Who did? Emeka Okafor was being touted as the "guy" because he came from a winning program as opposed to Dwight who had the higher ceiling. Who was better?

Did you see Giannis tapes from overseas? Looked like a man playing with children. As opposed to the super polished Denzel Valentine who was the CPOY and stinks

What about Frank Kaminsky? Super polished, solid player, etc. He's been below average in the league.

I'm not commenting on Jalen off of draftexpress. I watched every episode of the prolific prep docuseries plus a lot of his G League ignite games.

There's this idea that winning is "DNA", "chemistry" and other random intangibles. None of that matters without elite talent

D-rock, HTown_TMac and burlesk like this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

If this is the 2020 draft and we have the #2, Suggs would be my favorite. It's a shame it seems like were ignoring him, but this draft is really good so it's no insult to Suggs to go 4 or 5. At #2, it just doesn't make much sense. Only a trade down we couldn't pass on would put Suggs in the picture. Suggs might be the best player of this draft early on, but over time, the star power will outshine him imo.

D-rock, Lloyd Estacio and burlesk like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isn't Cade supposed to be the best player of this draft early on?

D-rock likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's far more better players in the league who have come from college than anything outside of that. Look at guys in the finals. Booker came from an elite program at Kentucky who every year have a team full of top rated prospects. Ayton from Arizona who won the pac-12 tourney and finished 12th ranked nationally at the end of the year. Bridges from Villanova, also an elite program and has won the national title twice while he was there. As said previously, most don't even follow the college game enough to know and differentiate between programs

Plenty of it matters regardless if you have elite talent or not. You're looking for one of your better players. They're going to need that in their player profile regardless of what you have on your team. The name of the game is winning. That's part of being an actual athlete.

#55 YOLO, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    kevtse, fattz and D-rock like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Zzzzzz.....Jalen...Suggs...14-5-5....snort.....
    (mumble)college.......zzzzzzz.....KPJ..17-6-4......cough......NBA......zzzzzzz.....big booty hoes.....zzzzzz

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yes

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like that better than the idea of staying put and drafting what I believe will amount to a rim runner on the offensive end in Mobley.
    I just don't see any value in that pick at all regardless of his defensive ability.

Toronto can have the #2 but I want #4 and next years pick unprotected.

groovemachine likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I like Suggs. I think he’ll play in the NBA for a decade or more, but he doesn’t have outrageous upside like some of the other guys. I think he’s a safe high pick, but probably not at two. He’s not likely going to be a franchise defining player, but he will make other people look better for a really long time.

fattz and napalm06 like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Once I duggs into Suggs shooting I learns that he is not a top 3 high-ceiling pick. Safe picks usually go top 15.