1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discussion: wanting Green because of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 6, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Scoring 50, giving up 60 is accurate analysis.

Exciting, but not winning basketball.

If you want excitement, draft Green.

If you want to win, draft Mobley.

Roc Paint and groovemachine like this.
  2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I want green because he's a 3 level scorer, he might turn out to be the best player in this draft. There are better bigs next year if we are going after a big.

Omihall23 and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

I want green because from what I see he is the best player there with an incredibly high ceiling. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Green turn out better than cade. hes got the athleticism, hes got a touch, and then after seeing him play the Dleague where it is composed of borderline nba level players, nba coaching, and importantly, nba style on the court, spacing, and plays...guys who generally succeeded at a high level of college all composed together and he flourished and looked poised and grew as the season got on .

Hes a pioneer in that to take that challenge he could've gone to college, had a very cushy engagement with their limited training time, much easier playing schedule, and enjoyed the experience while still getting a guarantee top pick.. I like his mentality.

As per KPJ, next year they will be more prepared for his talent. The game plans can hone in on him, having amore weapons, artillery, options to throw at hte defense is better. Another guy who c an create and spread the court in green is promising oto.

I have 0 consideration on nostalgia, fit and mainly Talent is my main critera.

I haven't dived deep on Mobley. I do see that he shows different signs of being able to do a little of everything but the elite part of his is his size and athelticism an with that he'll have a crazy high ceiling. Does he end up like Issac, does he end up like mamba, ayton? does he end up like Capela? I'm not sure. In many ways he may fit bery well, but I want the most talent. Green to me is promising an I'd be very, very excited and happy to get him or Cade at the no 2. I'd be intrigued but less sure if it was Ayton.

Kuminga is intriguing as well, Jalen Johnson is too. but at the no 2 sweet spot, I'm looking at Green unless by some surprise Cade falls.

4. Harlem

Harlem Member

People need to stop comparing a KPJ and Green backcourt to Dame and CJ. Dame is 6'2 and CJ is 6'3 while kpj and green are 6'5-6'6 AND more athletic. Once we build a better roster and the games get more meaningful I'm sure they will start clamping down on the defensive end. Also, most of the top guards in the league (curry, harden, kyrie, beal, dame, cp3, booker, morant, luka) are not known for their defense, but nobody would be complaining if we had them on our team.

Also, cp3 and booker have been carrying their team through these playoffs currently with 16 pts each with 10 mins left in the 3rd against a great defensive team in the bucks

5. DonatelloLimestone

Furthermore, unless you're big has great playmaking and handles like Jokic or Embiid, the league is still ruled by the guards

6. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

The other thing that people don’t see is that having two bigs out there would do nothing against a team like the Suns. You need elite guard play in today’s NBA.

7. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

You could be right. There’s really no telling until said #2 pick is playing for us and they’re interacting.

These are just hunches I get based off of former player dynamics and general personality observations.

All in all I wouldn’t be too upset if we took Mobley.

I’d love to see Mobley reach his ceiling, Rocket or not.

I’d be all for having a silent assassin ala Kawhi/Timmy D.

Green does a good job of marketing his love of the game.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Harlem

Harlem Member

Exactly, and its like rockets fans forgot that elite guard play is what took us from being a good playoff team to a title contender

Omihall23 likes this.
  9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    How do you like there players

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im not sold on KPJ but I do have patience for him as long as he's not a distraction. He's feel for the game is a bit off. Settling for too many brick stepbacks and can't get from point A to point B quick enough, like i'm not seeing that quick first step

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m more worried about KPJ and green off the court

D-rock likes this.
  12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I don't like Mobley because he is a USC guy, I think they come from a mentally soft BKB program. KPJ is an USC guy, if he didn't get out of Cleveland he would of been the next Dajuan Wagner. Green is built-tough mentally, he could of probaly played overseas (get more money) and dominate like LaMelo Ball. Or played college for 1 year, enjoy some free stuff and get name recognition instead he focused on just playing basketball. He played the 2nd best professional basketball league and risking his draft status. He is a basketball player first which is why i think we should pick him.

13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

*drops mic* Precisely, Improved defense will lead to wins...It does no good to put up numbers while losing 130-120 every night.

D-rock likes this.