1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Death of the Camaro?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jul 6, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Chevy Camaro Sales Are in a Death Spiral

[​IMG]

What's the bigger picture? Well, percentage-wise, it's pretty grim. The Dodge Challenger is currently the segment leader, selling 15,052 units and garnering a massive 46 percent of the market. The kicker here is that the Ford Mustang is actually not far behind, selling 14,676 units with 45 percent of the market share. Some quick math will reveal just how dire of a position the Camaro is in. At 2,792 units sold in Q2, it represents just nine percent of muscle car sales.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41422/chevy-camaro-sales-are-in-a-death-spiral

Uprising likes this.
  2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The Camaro might die, but their obnoxious owners will live forever.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we need an electric Camaro. with no power. that's it, that's the ticket

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,

[​IMG]

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

who wants 14mpg, minimal space, and shitty reliability for 50K?

Jontro and pirc1 like this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

All 2 door sports cars are in decline. Honestly, Dodge and Ford are barely making it with the Challenger and Mustang.

Nissan is coming out with the new Z. That's going to be a major flop, it'll be rare to see one in the road. The Toyota Supra is a beautiful car (although its actually a disguised BMW Z4), and its like seeing a unicorn when out on the road.

Everyone wants an SUV, truck, or an offroad/overland vehicle. The overland style is basically the new "sports car" for this generation. Ford Raptors are crazy expensive but yet sell like crazy for their price point. Everyone wants a Jeep Wrangler or 4Runner type vehicle. The 4Runner is a model that's been out since 2010 and still sells hundreds of thousands year after year. The new Bronco is going to sell unbelievably.

So the death of the Camaro is not surprising. GM is making mistakes everywhere. Look at the Blazer, which would've been the perfect opportunity for Chevy to get into the offroad segment with the Blazer nameplate. But no, what does Chevy do? Create their 10th crossover offering and slap the Blazer nameplate on it. Turrible....

Uprising and FrontRunner like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know!
    upload_2021-7-6_17-31-32.jpeg

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never really liked the Camaro since the relaunch and it has become increasingly uglier.

Challenger looks much better and is more roomy inside and the new Mustang is just a beautiful car and world class in its performance across comparable price ranges.

JumpMan and Uprising like this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I thought the Camaro looked nice when it came out in the first Transformers movie. It’s dated now. I’m not their target audience but of the 3, the Mustang looks the best.

buffalobills!!! and jiggyfly like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think it never they never really got that retro thing down.

BigM likes this.
  12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Not surprising at all. They haven’t really done anything to make them look good or even fast for the most part. You can buy a Denali truck with a 6.2 and tune it and it’s just as fast lol.

GM as a whole hasn’t done much to make their vehicles stand out. Sure the Cadillac is well, a Cadillac and the Corvette is still the Vette, but needs some serious improvements.

You have Ford and Dodge (Fiat) that produces cars (and a Ford Shelby truck with a lift lulz) with 700+ HP right out of the show room. At a not so crazy price compared to Mercedes/BMW with similar power.

It’s more of a nastalgia thing nowadays anyway. Surely you all know someone who is like “I’m a Ford guy, grew up with Ford” and same goes with GM/Chevy and Dodge.

I guess the only plus side is if you want a vehicle that can pull a trailer or boat well, and put 7 people and their luggage in comfortably, you’re going to buy a suburban or Expedition with a V8 (not the ecoshit motor). None of the European vehicles come close in that particular market. Nissan and Toyota can’t even compare in that market, even though they try with the Armada and Sequoia.

BamBam likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Performance for dollar Camaro and Mustang are seriously good deals

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'll say this: The Camaro has always been inferior to the Mustang. And I've been around too many GM products to know their quality sucks.

Oh, and Bumblebee was better than all Michael Bay Transformer movies combined.

15. Buck Turgidson

16. PhiSlammaJamma

17. conquistador#11

Thought they dug up a Camaro from 14,000 years ago.
    :)

18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

When I took Driver's Ed in the 80's we drove IROQ Z28s. I always thought that was a strange choice for a Driver's Ed car. Was fun when the instructor told me floor it on a straight away though.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

The Camaro can be very fast, depends on what you spec it at.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ng-shelby-gt500-vs-2019-chevy-camaro-zl1-1le/