1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Of course he is. GSW knew they were out of contention when losing Durant and Klay so they wanted to maximize their position while being trapped playing over the cap and paying high tax. That is why they had to monkey branch the Durant trade and kept waiting for a lucky deal to appear but never materialized to get another star. They lucked out and got the pick but now they are stuck in a position where the younger pieces they acquired really don't do much for them and they need to dump Wiggins. Now is the time for a team like us to help them fix their problems where they have to pay more in value to get the value they want back and save on tax.

2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/lGpPdsFbxPblo1/pelrocketsmavsheat-rumours

Rockets in: Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams, No.10, No.34

Rockets out: John Wall, Erich Gordon, Danuel House, No.24

Mavs in: Goran Dragic, Andre Iguodala, Danuel House

Mavs out: Kristaps Porzingis

Pelicans in: Eric Gordon, Kristaps Porzingis, No. 24

Pelicans out: Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams, No.10, No.34

Heat in: John Wall

Heat out: Goran Dragic, Andre Igguodala

---------------

Trying to work with a couple rumours out there.

1. Heat are interested in John Wall

2. Pelicans are looking to trade No.10 for vet help

3. Luka and KP are not getting along

---PELICANS---

Finding vet help that for No.10 makes sense and i can imagine a lot of teams being interested.
    Finding a team with vets that's able to take on the horrible contracts of Steven Adams and Eric Bledsoe may be a bit harder.

Thats where the Rockets come in. They take on their contracts, move a playoff experienced vet in Eric Gordon, No.24 and essentially Porzingis (more on that later) for a salary dump and No.10.
    New Orleans can throw a Max contract at Lonzo too.

The fit is interesting to me. Gordon can slot right in next to Lonzo where together, their stingy defense could make for one of the better defensive backcourts in the league. KP next to Zion may sound strange, but they are basically the antithesis of each other. Zions and athletic freak who can bully his way in anywhere on the court. Porzingis is a physical freak who can stretch his game out to the perimeter. The more i think about it. I really like this pairing.

Where this might fall apart is the tax. Taking on KP, Gordon AND paying Lonzo take them juuust over the tax threshold. Gordons contract in Non Garunteed the 3rd year so that should help before having to pay Zion but in saying that, paying the luxury seems to be the price you pay to make a playoff run.

Starting line up:

Lonzo/Gordon/Ingram/Zion/Porzingis

---MAVERICKS---

While not the sexiest move to get off Porzingis' contract, Dallas finds themselves with a bunch of vet help that could help settle the team and give Luka the role players he needs. Its long been rumoured that Luka would want to play with his countryman Dragic, and they also pick up some wing help which seems to be the key to Playoff sucess.
    Unfortunately theybare trading Porzingis at an all time low, so getting a star back seems unlikely. If this doesnt work out, all 3 guys come off the books next season which will open up a bunch of cap in what should be a far better FA class than this years.

If the Mavs think they could get more for Porzingis, then this might cause hesitation for them. Or if the Pelicans think Porzingis is enough of a vet talent then they could deal with the NO directly.

Starting line up:

Dragic/Luka/Iggy/Finny-Smith/Powell

---ROCKETS---

This is an ultimate rebuilding team move. Trade assests for picks or young talent. They jump on the chances at moving Wall and Gordon and capitalise on teams who could very much use them. They also use their cap room (which they make more of BTW) and become a hub for other teams bad contracts.
    The trade in my mind works more like 3 trades in one. Wall for Dragic and Iggy. Dragic, Iggy and House for Porzingis and Porzingis, Gordon and No.24 for Bledsoe, Adams, No.10 and No.34.

Ideally my personal picks (if the players are still there) would be No.2 - Jalen Green. No.10 - Jalen Johnson. No.23 - JT Thor. No. 34 Quentin Grimes.

Starting line up:

KPJ/Jalen Green/Jae'sean Tate/Jalen Johnson/Christian Wood

---HEAT---

This one is pretty simple. They want Wall (apparently). They get him for basically nothing. Wall and Dragic overlap positions and Iggy can be replaced by resigning Ariza on a much more team friendly deal.

Starting line up:

Wall/Herro/Butler/Ariza(or Precious)/Bam

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wood Gordon and House 23 and 24

for

Wiseman, Oubre(sign and trade one year deal since he’s a free agent) 7 and 11

fattz, allanivan and DrNuegebauer like this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How do the Warriors get 11??

(I know, you meant 14!)
    The Warriors might do that deal to move Wiggins, but otherwise they probably wouldn't?

luckyman76 likes this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Ain’t nobody taking on Wiggins contract for less than a top 5 pick attached to him.

Minny had been trying to move Wiggins for almsot two tears before the warriors came and bute

6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

In Wiggins defense i thought he i.proved a lot last season. Especially on D.

Hes not the same player than when he was in Minny. Worth the max? Probably not.. but he has improved.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I had to check this Miami / John Wall thing (thank you, Google).

Supposedly Miami has interest in Wall and or Gordon. If accurate, nice.....but, we'll see.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  8. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Ok ok..

This might ruffle a few Green Gang feathers (of which i am a proud member)..

But if Dejounte Murray is on the table, id def be interested.

Rockets get Murray and No.12

Spurs get Wall, Gordon, House, No.23, No.24 and Milwaukee 2023 unprotected FRP

Spurs run with a - what if this was 2015 - team and resign Derozan for 2 years $20m.

We draft Mobley at No.2 and cross our fingers that one of Jalen Johnson or Franz Wagner are there at No.12, Boughknight or Moody would be even better but i think they go before both.

Murray/KPJ/Tate (or KJ or No.12)/Mobley/Wood

Bench would still look good with Augustine, two of Tate, KJ or the No.12 pick, and Khyri.

A fun team looking to compete come 2023 or 2024

EDIT

Also ALL THE CAP SPACE

#308 Grizzlyshark, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think the salaries will work....

10. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Spurs are one of the few teams like us and the Knicks that can take back salary.

Signing Derozan to $20m and Patty Mills to 2 years $5.5 put them at a 14 man roster and about 600k UNDER the tax. According to the Fanspo tool anyway.

They can get rid of House and draft the 2 guys late which i think keeps them under.

11. steddinotayto

Wall, Gordon and House make up about $66 million in combined salaries for next season. If they renounce the rights to all of their free agents (e.g. DeRozan, Mills, etc.) that leaves them at $58 million. Swapping those three players for Murray's salary ($15 million) brings back $51 million which brings the total to $109 million, leaving them with $3 million under the salary cap limit for 2021 (~$112 million). I'm no capologist but the Spurs would have to renounce the rights to their own free agents first before they can take on Wall, Gordon and House, meaning they wouldn't have the necessary money to bring back any of their unrestricted free agents like DeMar or Patty...unless they want to play for dirt cheap.

luckyman76 likes this.
  12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah we’ll all he proved was forgotten by that horrible display in the play-in game. You know he was scapegoated by the fan base and local media for the warriors not getting in The postseason

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  13. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Ah yes. I was looking at the luxury tax. Good call.

14. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Don't have it fully worked out bit the gist of it would involve working something out with the Cavs swapping picks 2 and 3 and getting something on top and drafting Green. Then using Gordon, Wall, picks 23, 24 and whatever extra we get from the Cavs deal to land Simmons. Would probably have to be a 3 team trade for salary considerations.

The idea being we would have two versatile scoring combo guards in Porter and Green coupled with two bigs in Wood and Simmons with Simmons doubling as the main ball handler. Then we round our 5th starter/bench with our gut of wings in Tate/Martin/Brown/Brooks/House and give Wilson one last chance for his size alone.

15. fattz

fattz Member

So much creativity…

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Didn’t Tad Brown go all the way to Philly to get away from Wall and Gordon’s contracts…?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think its Tilly's act he was running from.

mikenm268 likes this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

People forget when making trade options and simply think of matching salaries and not understand operating under the cap and roster holds. So many teams are over that it becomes second instinct. Wall is a good destination for the Knicks but these wild trades have to be offset with 3rd teams to handle roster slots and offshoot mismatching players.

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/EeNZbrV7dnSxAz/celticsheatrocketsspurs

This is based on a few rumours out there.

- Miami want John Wall
    - Rockets talks with the Pacers about moving up
    - Spurs put their guard on the trading block

----------------------------

-- SPURS --

Spurs have apparently put their young guards on the trade block. Why? No idea. The only reason i can think of is that they want to make one last run at the playoffs with Coach Pop. Throwing in very experienced players, who have proven track record in the playoffs - plus Jae'Sean Tate who was a hidden gem for the Rockets last year seems like a massive packet for what theyre giving up. Never mind the future pick.

Starting line up:

Dragic/White/Keldon Johnson/Iggy/Poeltel

-- Celtics --

Celtics get their starting guard after trading away Kemba Walker earlier in their off season. In the grand scheme of things, its not a huge loss. Fair to say Kemba, Tristan Thompson and 2 first rounders for a defensive stud in Dejounte Murray who fits with the two stars on the teams timeline. They also get off the Horford money.

Starting line up:

Murray/Fournier (resign 4 years $15m)/Brown/Tatum/Timelord

-- Rockets --

While giving up Tate is a blow. Being able to move into the lottery again may be worth the risk. Giving up Wall for Horford does seem like a sideways move, but Horford should be able to help the team by being able to switch either big spot with Christian Wood. The big prize though is that pick where they would hope either Jalen Johnson or Franz Wagner are still available.

KPJ/Jalen Green (No.2 pick)/KJ Martin/Al Horford/Christian Wood

-- Miami --

Bit of a basic deal here. Heat accept the team options of Dragic and Iggy to swap them out for Wall. Who need perimeter shooting anyway??

Wall/Herro/Butler/Precious/Bam

20. steddinotayto

That's why I've believed Wall is here to stay ever since we traded for his contract--it's such a massive cap hit that you really don't have a lot of options out there for a trade. I'm sure Stone has plans/ideas up his sleeve but from an armchair GM's POV there's not much out there that 1. works under the CBA 2. makes sense for both teams and 3. don't screw us after the fact.

The Knicks, like you said, is probably the only team where they can absorb both Wall's contract and make some sense though the latter is hard to imagine considering they would probably want us to attach a pick or two and that's not going to happen.

fattz and luckyman76 like this.