1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. rockets13champs

Raptors for sure decline

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wiseman is not switchy enough of a defender, and I'm not crazy about his lack of BBIQ - do not want.

saleem, Rudyc281, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think the Pacers decline first!

Turner and pick 13 out in order to trade back for 3 late picks, lotto bust and a horrible contract.

They might be able t trade 13 for 2 late picks.
    No chance they throw in Turner for bad salary, a bust and a 1st...

New coach and all in Indiana, I think they might try and make it work with the talent they currently have first. OR trade pieces and picks for Luka (demanding to be traded to his old coaches team)

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Trade EGo + House + 1-23 + BRK / MIA 2022 FRP (lotto protected) to IND for Turner

Draft Mobley at 1-2

Trade 1-24 to Chicago for 2-38 (Jericho Sims) + 2022 CHI FRP (lotto protected)

Re-sign Nwaba & Olynyk

sign Winslow on 2 year deal (after not being re-upped by Memphis)

Try to trade Wall, but just realize that may be futile at this point. If Wall does get traded, I think Chicago is only realistic destination (get Satoransky or Thad Young) I could see a deal like 1-24 + Wall to CHI for 2-38 + Satoransky

Wall - DJ A - Thomas
    KPJ - Nwaba - Brooks
    KMJ - Tate - Winslow
    Wood - Mobley - DJ W
    Turner - Olynyk - Sims

a la 2021 Suns.... worst to first (although Suns were not worst in 2020)

5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I like Turner. Your front court is too crowded though. Draft Green and I can get behind this.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Was just told on Reddit that Wood is only worth Wiggins + 14..

.. and it seems like a few people here agree.

SMDH

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Nuggets get Ben Simmons

Philly get Eric Gordon, Will Barton, Michael Porter Jnr. And #24

Rockets get Matisse Thybulle

8. Fefo

Fefo Member

do you have any deal that makes sense?

saleem likes this.
  9. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Nah. I just come on here to propel my superior intellect, so people like you feel better for not saying anything of value.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're smart, but Simmon's value is really low right now.

11. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I don't know about being smart :/ but il take it!

Yeah I think it is too and maybe MPJ may be a bit much to give up. But I'm not 100% convinced he a far superior player to Simmons tbh.

He's only a year younger, has injury issues, is still a liability on defense.

Thats my reasoning anyway to think that his value is comparable. But im happy to be wrong when I am.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. Fefo

Fefo Member

i feel kinda sad for you, if you feel you have a superior intellect :(

13. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Whoosh..

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

These trades all have the same issues. What is your goal? Is it FA Summer 2022 or far beyond? Nets are not going to win next year and you need to consider what impact that is going to have on the roster when the NBA plays musical chairs again. All of those guys will be free and GONE. We need to have our high lottery pick and two max slots available to play in the game. Moves now need to mimic that reality. It may seem counterproductive but you want to gather as many young assets now without giving ones up and clear the decks so that you have all the young assets and two max OLDER players that are going to want infinite reinforcements. ALL of the FA class is made up of these players. Rebuilding has to be with a defined purpose.

Stars are going to want to team up and go to a team they can mold with ASSETS.

If you just want to write off next year and any foreseeable FA class that you know the talent then all of your deals need to be like OKC and maximizing flipping assets by taking on bad contracts and moving others. Either way Gordon and Wall have to go. You don't want any older player that will occupy your minutes and detract from player development. Love can be shelved, Adams can play C or be benched, Barnes can fit and play. None of them will help you win and screw with tanking. We should have been after Warriors pick before but now is good as a time as any if you value Wiseman or #7. Cleveland or Toronto's picks should be targets. I don't love all these wild packages where we trade all of our future picks to dump bad assets.

My plan has been 2022 FA because otherwise you are staring into the abyss and you essentially kiss Wood goodbye simply by organizational actions. The team needs real players for two max guys to come here. You can laugh but this could be an attractive target to Harden and Durant. If you were sitting here with Cunningham or Green, KPJ, Wood, KMJr, Tate, 2022 Lotto, and all of those future picks that is something that is ready made for building a championship team far into the future. If Nets lose all 3 guys overnight they are not coming back from it this time. ALSO look back at our silly sh1tty trade with the Nets. To make that trade worth it still we gave up Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie, Prince, and got nothing for Tucker. If we had made that trade we would have no chance at Green or Cunningham and no hope next year of two max slots or the lotto. You have to maximize the choices of the sh1tty trade we wasted instead. We got nothing for Tucker or Dipo. We cannot screw this next part up. We need to get two max players to make that tradeoff worthwhile while we have young players on rookie contracts than can be resigned with Bird rights.

Ideally, this offseason I would like to move Wall to a team like Knicks or Bulls, take on Barnes and #7, and move Gordon in multiteam deal where we can shift liabilities. We can move Barnes next year with minimal impact and move smaller nonexpirings from a poo poo platter.

15. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -1.8 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +3.4 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] D'Angelo Russell
    25 year old, 6-4, 193 lb SG from Ohio State
    19.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.8 apg in 28.5 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Ricky Rubio
    30 year old, 6-3, 190 lb G from Club Joventut Badalona (Spain)
    8.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 6.4 apg in 26.1 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] John Wall
    30 year old, 6-4, 210 lb PG from Kentucky
    20.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 6.9 apg in 32.2 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    28 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M
    8.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 25.9 minutes in 2020-2021

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Appreciate the bold and I concur... do you mean Harrison Barnes?

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Well, Reddit is wrong. Wood will be a Rocket next year, if that is all we are offered. Takes 7, 14 at a minimum and not sure that’s good enough. Wood had a shot at the all-star team before his injury.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I meant Wiggins. Thanks

jch1911 likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No matter what GSW spins, Wiggins is a net negative, baby. Don't care what anyone says... :cool:

D-rock likes this.
  20. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao why would Minnesota ever do that?

Trade your franchise player best friend who's a pretty damn good player for the worst contract in the league....