1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think texans are behind texans watson allegations?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Mar 19, 2021.

?

Do you think texans are behind the watson allegations?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2021.
  1. Yes texans are behind this

13.8%
  2. No way texans at all are behind this

67.0%
  3. Maybe texans are behind this

19.1%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like I said....

2. raining threes

What do you think?

I haven't made up my mind.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Exactly they are dumb and very incompetent, I dont argue that, I really think they are soo dumb, that they couldnt think of setting this up.

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

I agree....way to dumb

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody on the team knew he was getting some special massages

BossHogg713 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

To kinda use the title of the thread but moving from DW4, I keep thinking of the Eugene Chung situation and the only team I can think of in the offseason that could have said something like that to him...and then gone ahead and hired a black coach that seems very much like a diversity filling hire( as much as I hate to say that) and a placeholder whilst remaining a patsy, would be the Texans. I won't be surprised if Eugene talks to the league and reveals that it's the Texans. I'd be shocked if it's any other team other than the Texans just from what has been observed over the past 7-8 months.

8. raining threes

What's happened over the past 7-8 months to make you think this.

I haven't seen anything since Caserio came on board to make me agree with your post.

9. ferrari77

The dysfunction/shuffling of the deck in the front office/communications dept and then the coaching search.
    Plus the main thing being they were the only team to hire a Black coach (and it wasn't any of the coaches/coordinators on the hire list that most other teams were interviewing).
    I'm probably wrong but I'm just saying if the team that interviewed Chung did go on to hire a black coach then it would have to be the Texans.

Also...as far as building a team, Caserio seems to be solid from what we've seen in the off-season. We will know more in the next few years. As far as dealing with the media and fans- he seems quite cunning. Which also leads me to qualify that I don't believe Caserio said or would say such a thing to anyone. He seems wayyyy smarter than that. Perhaps it came from the top ...the Calman... or from someone in the firm hired to assist with the coaching search because to our knowledge, Eugene never interviewed twith the Texans but perhaps he tried to get an interview with them(maybe pulling some Patriots strings with Caserio and Jack) and was told by Korn Ferry that he wasn't the "right type" that the Team was looking for.

Also, it seems someone on reddit already started a thread about that possiblity. A lot of people discounting it understandably but you never know.

#149 ferrari77, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    raining threes and DonkeyMagic like this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Caserio made the coaching hire. He would have never said that. Also, the search firm was focused on the GM. The GM was ALWAYS going to hire the coach.

11. ferrari77

Oh I agree re. Caserio. If you read my post again, I wrote that he would never say that. He seems much smarter than that.
    So if it wasn't the search firm (and I figure Chung never made it all the way up to an interview with Calzone McNair) and we know Caserio is too smart to say something like that, who else is left? Oh no. That's Jack Easterby's music! :D

In all seriousness, we don't know anything, i don't know diddly but just saying if it came out that it was the Texans it wouldn't be the most shocking thing considering the craziness of the past several months- from the firings(Palcic), resignations (Rootes), drama between DW and Cal, Easterby stories, coaching search as well as coaching hire and then the DW lawsuits. It's been some craziness over the past few months from that organization.

12. vince

vince Member

I think only way Texans are behind this, is if they didn’t use their clout to cover up Watson’s misdeeds.

Billionaire owners who know all the power players in a city can burry a story.

Watson misbehaved, and now he’s got to face it with his perceived dimes and nickels. Life it seems is easier when power players stick their necks out for you, if you got to hide certain activities.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I would if I saw anyone named Adams, Herzeg or Biles anywhere on the Texan's staff directory, Mike Holovak (PBUH) probably would as well.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Conspiracy theories everywhere, lol.

DD

15. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

It was the Texans…….in the Billiard Room…….with the candlestick…….

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Did Cal setup deshaun in the kitchen with the rope?