1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Taxes - Turns out - the man is a fraud and deeply in debt!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 28, 2020.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Whats so funny is they conitnue to tout something as "law and order" party but then the many indicments of themselves, of the trump administration they all defend as "not real crimes", so basically law and order is moot unless its them and then the details don't matter...meanwhile they'll let their supporters burn for the capital or anything else and claim no responsibility. Its law and order for the 'poorly educated' that trump likes so much, not them.

I actually agree, Ithink hunter biden's china and ukraine deal reek of the BS we come to expect, but need to boot from the career politicians. Yet sadly one side will call out Ivanka's deals with china, patents rightfully, the Saudis spending loads on trump hotels or juts like clinton getting funding from them for 'womens rights' incentive that trump called out for clinton, then Ivanka preceded to do the same thing. And the other side will only call out hunters rightfully. So its pointing fingers while they stay in power but they are both laughing behind the people's backs of what they get away with

cheke64 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Do you see one side coming to the defense of Hunter Biden or claiming he should be exonerated of evrything because it's not a big deal?

That's the difference nobody from 'the left" are defending Hunter and most have said if he did anything criminal he should be prosecuted.

So get this both sides BS out of here,

rocketsjudoka, vlaurelio and Blatz like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

Yea I do, literally CNN, NPR, MSNBC all come out and try to say hunter's story is not "confirmed" no evidence so on, yet probably almost on the same amount of info paint another picture of the other side.

And fox and newsmax do the saem thing, indict hunter and then excuse the trump family. The cycle goes on.

"https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/9831...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social"

This is literally hardly mentions how much money hes made as a lobbyist, that hes open he knows it was just for his family name, and its just disrespectufl the publics trust in our institutions. It s when IVanka and Don Jr and trump family does it, it is when a lobbyist who happens to be the son of a president or vp does it. Yet this is just some excuse and mouthpiece for a guy caught up in drugs and debauchery and financial issues throughout and somehow paints his sympathetic version, about how he was forced to lobby because the elite private schools cost so much for his kids...its embarassing.

You can find the same write offs in cnn and msnbc going out of their way to call the story discredited, russian propoganda or republican propoganda. Sort of how when the panama papers were released showed both trump and Hilary had offshore accounts, or when dnc emails were released and the answer was the same as when there is damaging info on trump, they just point to the 'enemy' and say its their talking points and casuals nod for their side.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is this not true?

And then you go "probably" wiche makes my entire point.

The link you posted to is a book review not something by NPR which also proves my point, that is not a write off by NPR.

Here is something from NPR calling out that the book does not go enough into detail on the Burisma stuff.

I see the right is drilling down on the fact the reviewer said the laptops had been discredited and NPR has also issued a retraction.

This both sides argument is just BS.

You had plenty of outlets reporting on the Clinton connection to those papers.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016...-papers-bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-221592

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blo...anama-Papers-and-the-fall-of-kleptocracy.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-obama-pushed-trade-deal-152400645.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/07/...ma-hillary-clinton-golden-state-warriors.html

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hunter Biden didn't do anything inherently illegal but it is true that news outlets like CNN do defend Hunter's positions he has gotten due to his name.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...d-when-nbc-news-tried-report-alleged-n1245533

You can also find some foxnews reportng with trump, but like the 'other side' they hide it inbetween.

you can see his puff interview. This guy has no business with a book deal. ts amazing under biden's own policy if you smoke mar1juana you are kickd out of your white house position, still people going to jail daily, but if you'e hunter biden and like crack...be compassionate and give him a business deal when anything noteworthy he has done as a career and lobbyist is ties to making money off his father is. Is he the only one? no, but hes a apart of the problem and the same look the other way mentality that allows trump and his cronies to do what they do .
    https://nypost.com/2021/04/02/hunter-biden-says-laptop-at-center-of-post-expose-could-belong-to-him/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-we-know-about-hunter-bidens-dealings-in-china-11570181403

once again, no dems talkng about the president's sons optics of book tours and celebrating whatever the hell he is. Even obama had their concerns about how hunter operated, but nothing done to reign him in. the more we allow it, the more we allow the precedent to set that allows the crooks of trumps to take advantage too imo.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's true because you say it's true?

They usually have people on that defend both sides and I have yet to hear people actually defending him just saying that the issue is overblown.

And nobody defending how he got on Burisma.

8. DonatelloLimestone

Its very difficult to prove quid pro pro. Thats how earmarks and lobbying has basically legalizzed bribery in our political system to the point of abuse and absent a tapped phone call, its very hard to prove. That goes for massive governtment contracts for utilities, infrastrcutre, or war. Goes for foundation work, private plane rides so on little ways to launder or give benefits in a way that is not detectable and likewise even with trumps hotels where saudis and the like spend 100s of thousands.

But the main point is, like trump, the bidens take part on questionable or disrespectful actions that hurt the integrity an even the perception of integrity of our institutions, as does trump. none of its allowed, but people are just quick to point to 'another side' and say its worse and attack the messenger rather than us taking the time to clean up a political climate that seems to reward self dealing and tribalism for perseverance rather than effective and efficient policy

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

From the 1st link.

The lack of major new revelations is perhaps the biggest reason the story has not gotten traction, but not the only one. Among others: Most mainstream news organizations, including NBC News, have not been granted access to the documents. NBC News asked by email, text, phone call and certified mail, and was ultimately denied.

The lack of major new revelations is perhaps the biggest reason the story has not gotten traction, but not the only one. Among others: Most mainstream news organizations, including NBC News, have not been granted access to the documents. NBC News asked by email, text, phone call and certified mail, and was ultimately denied.

And then the article links to these.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/...-ukraine-joe-biden-son-hunter-biden-ties.html

Why do dems need to be talking about Hunter, what does that serve? How does that help them govern?

Man you are just all over the place and saying stuff that really has no basis in fact.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Also, "Biden's Laptop" is so fishy...the Fed's ignored it. All that stuff wrapped up in a bow and just left at a computer shop. LOL.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. DonatelloLimestone

why? IF they actually stand for wanting to better the system and focus on their ideals. ITs as if they went at Kavanaugh for his accusers, yet when Biden had a similar situation..basicaclly something so old that its hard to punish in the court of law that they just release it an let public opinion go. IT wasn't fair for biden just like with Justice Kavannah. So this tribalism of not standing for anything but your own stuff

So ts like when Obama and Mccain agreed on campaign financing, a precedent we know we all need , yet when it was wrothwhile for him he just went back on that deal. I get needing to win, but at the same time is anyone going to take a bold step of changing the system?
    gues you can say why would they , what about the otehr side, but to me that mentality of blind tribalism an always excusing one side for another or what aboutism is the same exact response I hear from trump cultist, i don't think it furthers any causes, but I get thats just the climate. An always an excuse or pointing at elsewhere, their side can barely do any wrong. it is what it is.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

****ing conspiracy nutjobs and Hunter Biden......

Get a life.

DD

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will point out again that President Biden didn't appoint Hunter Biden to a major position in his administration. That said if Biden were to appoint his son to a major position I would agree that he certainly deserves to be criticized for it.

All of this "both sides stuff" I agree happens and Biden's not innocent but as I'll repeat what I said about Trump and the Clintons. If Bill and Hillary are shady Trump is all the way in the dark. The history of nepotism and corruption from Trump, his family and his organization is far and above Biden.

subtomic, DaDakota and vlaurelio like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

• Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner work in the White House along with Giuliani’s son and Barr’s son-in-law. Barr’s oldest daughter works in the Treasury Department.

• Eric and Donald Trump Jr. have continued conducting international business on behalf of the Trump Organization.

• Ivanka Trump accepted Chinese trademarks related to her fashion business.
    but yeah, Hunter, Hunter, Hunter!!!

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...hecking-how-many-trump-relatives-and-friends/

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Dude calm down

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This both sides argument is 100% BULLSHIT !

It is like saying that stealing a pack of gum and murder are equal because they are both against the law.

It is Whataboutism for the mentally weak minded.....

What the GOP is doing is FAR FAR worse than what anything Biden might have done.

It is not even close.

DD

Blatz likes this.
  17. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd say we're beyond simple whataboutisms and we've moved on to the old Soviet "Sure, we lie to you, but you're smart... you know we're lying to you... those stupid Americans actually believe their propaganda"

And like most things there is some truth to it... but it is insidiously destructive to truth. Most know 45 and the right lie to their faces, but they think the left is just as bad.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To compare Trump and Biden here because of Hunters situation is quite rich. Trump was dealing directly with the Chinese government on a number of issues while the Chinese government was handing out patents left and right to Ivanka.

Ukraine’s interest and our interests are aligned. Biden was the point person dealing directly with them and our European allies were all looped in and aligned on talks with them. We need a strong and clean operating Democratic Ukraine in order to stabilize Europe by keeping Russia from overthrowing their government in order to reclaim the Soviet States.

On the other hand we are adversely aligned with China on many issues. Especially with international business where we should not have presidential family members leveraged. Even if Biden was engaged here on a quid pro quo (with no evidence he did) why would helping out the Ukrainians be a bad thing? Especially the ones trying like hell to be a strong Democracy?

Lastly I’ll say this: I don’t know about you but I am a Christian and was brought up in the church. Hunter Biden’s story is incredibly similar to the prodigal son story. We all SHOULD BE able (if you are a Christian) to remind ourselves of the perspective of that story of not the son, but the father in that story. It’s obvious that Beaux was the golden child in that family and there’s the grief of Biden’s loss in the car crash that has to impact them. If you cannot empathize with their situation and understand why Biden has not cast Hunter out of his life then I really do not understand where you are coming from. The Bible teaches Christians about how badly your kids will screw up, and teaches you to not judge Fathers who still love their kids enough to keep trying over and over again to pick them back up.

So why have so many Conservatives who apparently love the Bible not read the Prodigal Son story or why have they decided to ignore the central premise??

Xenon, mdrowe00 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Family is incredibly important to Joe Biden and I think it's pretty obvious how painful the situation with Hunter is. Personally I can give Joe Biden a pass on not cutting ties with Hunter or condemning him but that doesn't mean Hunter Biden should get a break or preferential treatment either.

From what I've seen Hunter Biden is a sleazy and very troubled guy. He did capitalize on his family name and his father's position. While his Joe Biden didn't cut him off but did continue to maintain a relationship I have yet to see anything where he put Hunter in a position of power or influence or did any special favors for him.

mdrowe00, adoo and dobro1229 like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

To pull this back on topic of the Trump family, it's understandable that Donald Trump values family and that he wants to keep his children close. The difference though is that he gave his children positions of power and influence both professionally and in his Administration. That he gave his son in law and daughter official positions and also unofficial power that was even greater than Trump's chiefs of staff was far and beyond anything that Joe Biden has done for Hunter Biden.

As others have noted this was at a time Ivanka Trump had business dealings in the PRC that correlated with Trump reversing policy decisions against PRC companies. Also Jared Kushner had longstanding dealings with the Emirates including with Emirati financing of Kushner properties yet Trump essentially made him head diplomat on dealing with the Emirates and other countries in the Mideast.

Let's not forget too that unlike other Presidents Trump never separated himself from his business dealings and simply put them in his son's name even as those businesses had dealings with foreign governments and the US government.

mikol13, mdrowe00, adoo and 2 others like this.