1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Wood's Trade Value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Jul 3, 2021.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The only reason he should be traded is if someone offers a lot for him. I don't think anyone will be. If there are any teams trying to trade for him it would probably be as a buy-low candidate so there is no real reason to move him at this point.

DaDakota and saleem like this.
  2. HROZ

HROZ Member

I think you are really underestimating Wood.

He's a very unique player.
    6'10 with agility & shooting.

That doesn't come around often.

Though obviously other young building piece is a very wide option.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Unless it's a way to get 3 or 4.. then there's no way I'm trading Wood.

I'm actually surprised by those on here who are valuing him as a mid first rounder or saying his stock is low.

Hes arguably on the best contract in the league, is 25, shot nearly 40% from 3 and averaged 20 and 10.

Yes his defense is suspect and he's thin. But you can 100% work with that. A decent PF who can switch defensively and rebound would sort that issue out.

I think you add a decent PF along with drafting Green.. we're a potential play in team.

Lastly, you gotta treat your FA's right. Shipping him off a year after isn't a good look

D-rock likes this.
  4. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I see Toronto being a good trading partner for their 4th.

They’re in win now mode. Not making the PO this year, they need to prouve better next year.
    Siakam/Anunoby/Wood would make a good front court and around the same age.

Don’t know if the numbers work though.

thedude077 likes this.
  5. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Wood for #4 and Rodney Hood works.

Though you'd probably need to lose those late picks and some future assets and/or KJ or Tate.

6. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I think the main reason people want to trade him is because we understand that his presence on the basketball court will probably prevent us from getting another top-five pick next year...

We should be trading him so that we are worst next year with more young talent and then we also will get a higher draft pick next year... probably

If we try to compete next year we are really really really foolish and stupid...

We need three years of top-five draft picks ...

7. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I will do this in a heartbeat but Toronto would not....
    There’s no way any of these teams are coming off the top five pic for Wood Unless multiple future draft considerations are also in the mix

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i wouldn't hate sending wood to golden state for their picks to get segun if he's there.

Trackwell likes this.
  9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Other than making the correct draft selection at 2...

Trading Christian Wood For another lottery pick should be our number one priority at the moment

We still need to take a few steps backwards to really move forward

The only reason I would be cool with holding on to Christian Wood , Is due to the fact that you might be able to get a nice ransom for him at the All-Star break from a contender that is very desperate

I keep hearing about fit and need ... Rockets are terrible- It should be best player available all day right now regardless of who is on this roster

We can worry about fit and need After we try and draft Chet Holmgren next year

10. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

no way they would give both

maybe if we took on a few bad salaries which I am
    Totally cool with doing

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Not a bad idea. I can also see the Warriors might want to trade their 7th pick for Wood.

Trackwell likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wood, Gordon, House, #23 and #24 for Wiggins, #7 and #14.

Hell I would even throw in the worst of the Brooklyn picks protected. We seem to have a lot of pieces that would help them contend. Even Augustin could help them.

Would they ever land a better player than Wood with #7? I don't think so.

To get picks 2, 7 and 14 on the roster early in a rebuild would be amazing.

Trackwell likes this.
  13. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I like this a lot and I think it makes sense,
    I think it makes sense for both parties!

This would be a ****ing grand slam

take Jalen green at 2

take davion Mitchell or Scotty barns or kominga at 7. (Whoever falls to us- probably Mitchell)

At 14 You could go in a lot of different directions- Let me get back to you on who I would take

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a slim chance any of the youngins we take at 2 will develop into a player wood already is... so why trade him ? lolololol

Grizzlyshark and D-rock like this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There no chance this will happen. Splash bros will be history soon, they are secretly rebuilding.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

17. allanivan

allanivan Member

totally agree. either draft night with GSW or trade deadline with win now team. Wiseman 7 and 14 Oubre or Wiggins for wood and Gordon may be plus one of our 20s pick is a fair offer. we rockets fans are not trying to entertain the idea of trade all-star caliber stretch big c wood. just his contract represents the highest trade value next season before trade deadline and if we keep him. the front office better believe he is the man older guy for our rebuild process and we pretty much need to max him and he become not that much a valuable championship team piece. for GSW the time frame is much more urgent to win now and have a chance to reframe the current salary structures. the owner just paid 4/5years luxury bill I believe. they may value c wood more than we do, and Gordon is still a very good secondaries or third ball handler give you 25mins 15 5 and 5 and solid defence. Donovan Mitchell knows what I'm talking about...

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I disagree OKC have too many picks they have 6, 16th and 18th in the draft they have too many prospects already. I think they might be open for a consolidation trade but the thing is I dont like any of the other picks in the top 10.

Only dudes that fascinate me besides Green and Mobley are outside the top 10 already Alperen Sengun, Tre Mann, Boughnight and and Giddey.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but consider his age man he is 26 he wants to make all star game and he wants to be comoetitive. Rox should be sucking now to surroubd no 2 and KPJ with talent and not competing.

Plus dude is always injured missed half the season due to various injuries. If the offer is high I would totly sell high on him right now

Trackwell and Plowman like this.
  20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Stone will trade him to OKC for a second round pick. A few months later Presti will trade him for 4 first round picks or something

hakeem94 likes this.