1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

This is what’s going to happen

juanming likes this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I may be way off here, but I have found that Clutchfans as a whole wanted Wood for a while, usually when CF agrees to that extent we are right. So far I believe Jalen Green is the correct pick that CF seems to favor a bit over Mobley.

I would choose Green over Mobley. With Mobley, I do not want a defensive big that needs to work on his shot. He is not Kevin Durant and he is not Giannis, he has a higher chance of becoming Thabeet or Mo Bamba. This league is dominated by guards, they control the game. Your absolute best case scenario when drafting a big is getting an Ebiid or an Anthony Davis, and they are constantly injured. I'll take a guard that can stay on the court.

Bo6, bmelo, Denovo and 6 others like this.
  3. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

The only way this happens is if they chose Mobley over Green. The only reason Green isn't being mentioned nationally as the #1 pick is because he went the non-tradionally accepted route of the G League. Through high school (1 year ago), guess who nationally ranked as #3? It isn't Green.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I disagree with the only reason Green isn’t the consensus #1 pick is because he went to the G-League

shooting was a question mark for Cade, then he went and shot 40% from 3…he also showed more of his potential as a scorer with his 20 ppg average on good efficiency and his excellent ISO stats playing on a bad team with no spacing…meanwhile, Green went to the G-League and did things people already knew and expected him to do…score and be athletic

when u combine the improvement that Cade showed turning a question mark into a strength combined with his already great height and length, it allowed him to become the consensus #1

toss aside the delusional Kobe and MJ talk with Green, most think his reasonable outcome is Zach Lavine/Beal, while Cade could be Tatum…u would take Tatum over a Lavine or Beal

jiggyfly, D-rock, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  5. juanming

juanming Member

Well I change my mind about green

So I watch some highlights he is basically he's a iso player

that may win rookie of the year that may get more points than Cade Cunningham but that doesn't mean he's a better player K Cunningham is a much better team player much better shooter much better passer taller

Here's my point my my po my point is if Detroit picks green I will be very very happy because green will just bog down the offense we don't need a bunch of iso player

I'm concerned that Silas doesn't do a motion offense so even if we had cake Cunningham I doubt we would use them correctly cuz we have the wrong coach

bottom line green is very fun to watch lots of highlights it does not win you a championship it's just like James Harden James Harden was fantastic to watch we never won a championship

Kobe Bryant was right that style of play does not win championships

BTW I have a REALLY GAY cheap Alcatel phone so if it's misssepellonh everything I apologize I can't go back and correct every damn word that it autocorrects falsely

bottom line I don't even want green no more I don't like iso Players I Want team ball I want motion offense

Basically cade or bust

I would package two 23 and 24 just to get number one

6. JusBleezy

I said "mentioned" as #1. I'm not certain he would for sure be #1, but he would more likely than not be included in that conversation at the very least barring injury or some other unforeseen issue.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

well if u believe the reports, Detroit is seriously considering him at 1…Cade becoming a good shooter instead of the weak or suspect shooter he was in high school did a lot for him

if Cade was the level of shooter he showed in college while in high school and was more aggressive with his scoring, he probably would’ve been ranked #1 over Green

Did Green display anything he wasn’t already good at in high school while in the G-League? Cade showed meaningful improvement in 2 areas…shooting and scoring

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2020/order/true

Yep. And the only thing that happened since then is him going into the G-league, playing better competition and putting up 17 points on 61.5%TS

JusBleezy likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

reality is position that Ps have the lead guard slot ok, they think. We’ll see. So much guesswork. Everyone lying thru their teeth about their draft inclinations.

Give Silas his due. The man is ok by me.

Thank you basketball gods that it was Presti crying draft night, not Stone. Not us fans.

Dobbizzle and Reeko like this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. JusBleezy

I do believe the reports and have followed them. I believe they see what the people here also see that want Houston to draft Green. They are having a hard time getting past the consensus reports that say they should take Cade. That last part being pure speculation on my end. What isn't speculation is that Green did what he did in the G League against fringe NBA players. Grown men that were former pros nationally and internationally. All the stuff that we already know yes, but I'll go a bit further and state that he did it at a HIGH level. 46% fg, 36% 3pt, 83% ft shooting splits with this splits GOING UP during crunch time. I reiterate, against grown men. That is what he showed he could do that he didn't in High School.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

In today’s NBA you need to have guys that can iso, but Green isn’t like Harden in Houston where he controls the ball all game long. He’s not that kind of iso player.

saleem likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

There's more comments in this thread so for that reason we should draft Green, sorry @Plowman

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Would be nice to have that Length on the court defensively alone. The NBA is all about shooting, defensive wingspan, and getting the right players for the right price.I think Rockets will go for the most sure thing and that is Green.
    “Go for the sure thing”
    - Jeff Van Gundy

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Not saying that Mobley's best case scenario is Bosh and Green's best case scenario is DWade, but think about how much diminished the role of the big man has become over the past 18 years since that draft. Wade was already more impactful back then; Bosh was always going to be capped as a number two or three on a championship team.

Dobbizzle and JusBleezy like this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

More athletic, check
    Bigger, check
    Better shooter, check
    Quicker first step, check

green has everything over Mitchell from an offensive standpoint.

JusBleezy likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hmmm, looking at the NBA stats it looks like Donovan Mitchell is leagues ahead of Jalen Green...

Not sure what being bigger or more athletic has to do with anything. Zach Lavine is bigger and more athletic than Curry...for whatever that is worth.

jiggyfly, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I guess it all comes down to if we had the #1 pick would we pick green?

D-rock likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

lol cade and harden are basically the same calibur player

20. raining threes

Jason Kidd is exactly why I hope Cunningham falls to #2.

saleem likes this.