1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodgers - Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

whatever. Dont try to clumsily twist what I say.. If YOU completely rule out that this may be a set up, YOU are hilarious. Obviously, not hilarious that this whole thing happened or that he may have hurt her or that she may have hurt herself. But you knew that.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

A wealthy and famous person is far more likely to be falsely accused than a homeless person. Thats not lawyer speak, its common sense.

As for lawyer speak; your stats would never be allowed in court. Rightfully so. You cant say 'hes guilty because stats show hes probably guilty'.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He may very well be guilty. During rough sex he very well may have went super gorilla and pummeled her face. This could be what happened. If so, wow what a sick dude and he needs to go to jail.

OR

This could be a set up. She went once, apparently got beat up, and then told him how much it turned her on and went back. She could’ve had someone do this to her or she could’ve done it herself. Bauer is a very very rich celebrity. People scam people. All the time.

To think that both aren’t a possibility at this time is completely foolish. Im sure the cops are looking into both possibilities right now. We will find out more as the days/weeks pass. As for me, I don’t know yet what I think actually happened. Either way, its awful.

4. Buck Turgidson

To my knowledge, neither Bauer nor his attorneys have denied that this happened.

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Ok, strawman, nobody insinuated that stats would be the basis for a court argument. Do you literally think that the vast majority of rape/assault cases against wealthy/famous people are scams where the accuser beat herself up? I bet you think OJ really was innocent.

everyday eddie likes this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

who cares? Scams against the rich happen enough for cops to check that angle. Its nothing personal against the accuser and its not sexist or misogynistic to check out all possibilities.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Did he admit to punching her in the face? I know he admitted in a text response that he “punched her butt.”

8. msn

msn Member

You postulated that she may have arranged for the injuries to be inflicted on her in order to go for a payday. So my post was neither a twist nor clumsy.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

it absolutely was both. Let me know when you’re ready to actually defend your point of view.

10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

You’re continually confusing “check out all possibilities” with “forming your public opinion with the insinuation that the abused woman is a liar”. No one, at all, not once, in this thread has said there shouldn’t be an investigation to confirm whether or not a crime has been committed. But insinuating there’s any meaningful possibility that this woman is lying is wrong to do because of the message that sends abused women (or men for that matter). If abused women feel they will automatically be thought of as lying scamming whores if they come forward, they are more likely not to come forward, which works to create more abuse.

Not only that, you’re also confusing the court of law with the court of public opinion. No one is trying to affect what would happen in a court of law; that would be silly because nothing we say in this message board can affect that. But what people think in the court of public opinion does have an impact on abused women and whether they feel comfortable coming forward.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I never said she is a liar. I said I didn’t know if she is a liar.

12. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

Where did anybody say that the vast majority of rape/assault cases against wealthy/famous people are scams where the accuser beat herself up? Answer: Nowhere.
    While I agree with your basic premise that Bauer is most likely guilty, and that beating/assualting a woman is defenseless under any circumstances, twisting someone's words does not help the argument.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

this is all so stupid. What a long winded bs post.

Either he is guilty or she is setting him up. We are going to find out the truth. We do not know the truth yet. Wtf are you even talking about. Im not being insensitive, you’re being ridiculous.

14. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

If the insinuation isn’t “the vast majority”, or “majority”, why make the insinuation? What do you (or the other people continually saying “hey! She might be lying, don’t forget she might be lying!”) think the odds are she’s lying? Are those odds worth bringing it up, knowing the impact that narrative has on abused women?

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Stop trying to be the spokesman for abused women. I doubt you are any more sensitive to their situation than anyone else here. Just stop that grandstanding BS right now, it’s nauseating.

Also, who ever said anything about “odds”.

One more time......

He may be guilty
    It may be a set up

I am on a baseball message board saying this. I doubt I am scaring women into not coming forward. Get over yourself man.

16. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

Because the simple fact is that it has happened, even if it is a small, small percentage of the time. And again you are twisting people's words. Can you show me where I said she might be lying? No you cannot. You might want to respond without being disingenuous

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I have no idea how many people try to falsely accuse the rich and famous to try and gain wealth and fame, but it doesnt change the fact that all your stats dont apply in this scenerio

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

The most important part of your reply is “wtf are you even talking about?”, because it shows you literally don’t know what I’m talking about. You can’t read.

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Do you know what “insinuation” means?

20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

They don’t apply in the court of law, which I never mentioned. They are meaningful when an individual is forming his/her opinion .