1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodgers - Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. CinematicFusion

If this was a BDSM relationship like Bauer is insinuating then they should of had a consent form with all things she and Bauer agreed on written down and signed by both parties.
    I doubt fracture skull, bruised cut face, sodomy while unconscious was agreed upon and given consent.

What type of horrible human being would do such things to another human?

2. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

OK after having read that, Bauer is guilty of sexual assault. And he admitted it by releasing the text messages

Rock Block and King1 like this.
  3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

As much as I hate Bauer, I really wonder if the victim cooked it even more by having someone punched her and to make it worse than it is. I believe the strangling part on the hair, but punching the face is just straight unbelievable for rough $3x. She likely wanted Bauer more than $3x maybe a long-term relationship which is why she went the 2nd time. The only real winner, lawyers who will get paid.

4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

You wonder if the victim had someone break her face so she could…what? Why would you wonder that? Based on statistics behind sexual assault cases, odds HEAVILY favor that Bauer broke her face. Wondering aloud if she essentially broke her own face is insinuating she’s a liar for no good reason. It’s not impossible that this is all an elaborate money grab, but it’s very very unlikely.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

You’re right about the 70/80s. Oh lord, the 2040s, well I’ll be into my 70s and probably drooling on my shoes.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  6. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Thanks for posting, hard to gleam much from 2mins but obviously being bullied could certainly play into this. You wonder what he went through before high school…..

7. Rock Block

Supporting Member

That’s exactly what I pulled from it. They’re could be a SA or rape charge coming from this.

Stephen66 and Snake Diggit like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

When Bauer meets a potential romantic partner, he outlines for her the parameters of any possible relationship on their very first date. “I have three rules,” he says. “One: no feelings. As soon as I sense you’re developing feelings, I’m going to cut it off, because I’m not interested in a relationship and I’m emotionally unavailable. Two: no social media posts about me while we’re together, because private life stays private. Three: I sleep with other people. I’m going to continue to sleep with other people. If you’re not O.K. with that, we won’t sleep together, and that’s perfectly fine. We can just be perfectly polite platonic friends.”

It’s his way of being considerate. “I imagine if I was married at this point, I would be a very bad husband,” he says. He does want a family in the future, when he can be as all in on it as he currently is on his career, maybe in a decade or so.

From February 2019

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/19/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-training-tools-twitter-controversy-cy-young

A current outrage for Bauer is what he is certain is the widespread use among major league pitchers of foreign -substances—particularly a pine tar–rosin blend called Pelican Grip Dip—to make their fastballs spin more and consequently get hit less. Such substances, smuggled to the mound by belt buckle or glove or hair, are banned, but umpires check for them only at a manager’s request. Bauer believes skippers don’t because their own hurlers are sticky-fingered too.

He says, “If I used that s---, I’d be the best pitcher in the big leagues. I’d be unhittable. But I have morals.” He reveals now that he did use Pelican for one inning last year, the first of his April 30 outing against the Rangers, as some statheads had sussed out. He threw nine four-seam fastballs, and they averaged 2,600 revolutions per minute, about 300 RPM higher than normal. Then he stopped, and his spin rate dropped to its standard 2,300 RPM for the remainder of the game. He felt as if he had proved his point.

[…]

Bauer’s impudence and heterodoxy are not confined to baseball, which has led him to enrage a great many people, usually on Twitter. Among other things, he has loudly debated politics and complained about media bias; Bauer ended up not voting in 2016 but identifies as a socially liberal free-market capitalist and thought Donald Trump would shake up the system. He also appeared to question the science of climate change, tweeting, “the climate changed before humans and will change after. For us to think we can control it is extremely ego centric.” He now suggests that he never asserted that humans can’t influence the climate, which was probably too fine a point for 280 characters.

[…]

In January he became embroiled in a Twitter battle with Nikki Giles, a Texas State student. It began when Giles jumped into the middle of a light trash-talking session with Astros’ third baseman Alex Bregman to deem Bauer “My new least favorite person in all sports,” and ended dozens of tweets—mostly Bauer’s—later after Bauer had, among other things, scoured Giles’s social media history to find that she had consumed alcohol shortly before she turned 21. Deadspin memorialized the exchange under the headline, TREVOR BAUER HAS BEEN HARASSING A WOMAN FOR MORE THAN A DAY NOW.

At first, Bauer dismisses the exchange as competitive trolling. “It’s a mental chess match, to me,” he says. Eventually, he admits that it runs deeper. “I ignore the vast majority of things people say to me online. Sometimes, I respond. But all you see is the response. You don’t see people wishing that I have my throat sliced open and bleed to death in front of millions of fans on TV, or saying not to come to Detroit because they’re going to kill me and my family for hitting a couple Detroit batters.”

Giles, though, didn’t say anything nearly so nasty. Besides, shouldn’t Bauer, a wealthy celebrity, be above trolling?

“People pull the role model card,” he says. “The way I see it, I am a role model because I show people it’s O.K. to stand up for yourself. That you can stand up to a bully. And I get that a lot of people won’t see it that way. But that’s what it is. When someone goes out of their way to tweet me that I’m a piece of s--- or whatever, that’s a bully.”

Is that really what a bully looks like—an anonymous college student who told USA Today that she spent the next three days crying as Bauer and his followers hounded her?

“It probably isn’t smart,” he finally says. “It probably isn’t ideal. I don’t go out of my way to harass anybody. But, I mean, if you’re going to come at me, that’s just what I do.”

[…]

On most afternoons, when he was a boy in Santa Clarita, Calif., Bauer would hang a bucket of 48 baseballs from each of the handlebars of his bike and pedal to a local park. His father spent most of the week in New Mexico, running the custom door and furniture company he had opened after he quit working in oil. Warren and Kathy Bauer told their son that they would stretch to pay for his pitching lessons with Wagner and, later, the long-toss guru Alan Jaeger, only if he practiced. So he did, throwing ball after ball against the fence of a tennis court and making sure to eventually return home with each of the 96 balls he had brought with him. He practiced alone; he didn’t have any friends. Bauer recalls kids jeering at him—you’re such a nerd—as he rode by with his buckets.

“Trevor’s an expert in being bullied,” says Warren. “His whole childhood is littered with instances of it, and a lot of his professional career has been punctuated by the same type of impediment.”

There is little that is more difficult than being different in environments, like school and baseball, that are governed by strict norms. Bauer has always been different. He would wear baseball pants to elementary school because he loved the game so much; his classmates would shove him down during recess soccer. His parents told him, “If you want to keep wearing them, that’s going to be the outcome, but it’s your choice.” He kept wearing them.

The training techniques that he developed with his dad and his private coaches—the ones intended to help an average kid become a star—only made him more of an outcast. He used weighted balls and long toss, and threw as often as he could (even in the bullpen during his own starts) against youth baseball’s prevailing wisdom. He began carrying around a six-foot-long, semiflexible, javelin-like tube wherever he went, which he would wiggle over his head and at his side to strengthen his shoulder. His teammates hid the tube in trees. His JV coach told him that he relied on it to compensate for a small penis.

On Friday nights, the students at Hart High would sit together in the student section at football games and then descend upon In-N-Out Burger before going to parties. Bauer was never invited. He sat with his dad, ate with him at Brother’s Burgers, and then went home with him to watch Friday Night Fights.

“For the longest time, I just couldn’t figure out why everyone hated me,” he says. “I used to feel really bad for myself. Like, Why don’t I have any friends? Why don’t girls like me? Why does everyone s--- talk me? Am I really that bad of a person?”

One morning, during his junior year at Hart, Bauer returned home from an early pool workout, took a shower and looked at himself in the mirror, feeling sorry for himself as usual. Then something flipped. “I don’t see anything that I dislike,” he told himself. “I’m going to go off to college and play baseball. I’m successful. I’m smart. I like myself.” From that day forward, he says, “I just stopped giving a f--- what people thought of me. And now I just don’t care.”

He graduated high school half a year early, because he despised it, and enrolled at UCLA as a mechanical engineering major before the 2009 season. The team’s coach, John Savage, had told him he could continue to handle his own development and training as long as it kept working. Another top pitching recruit, a strapping Orange County kid named Gerrit Cole, wasn’t on board. A few weeks into school, as Bauer tells it, Cole reamed him out in front of the whole team in the weight room for not following the same program as everybody else; while they lifted heavy weights, he did his own mobility exercises and wiggled his shoulder tube. “He told me in front of everybody that I had no future in baseball, that I didn’t work hard, and that I’m a p----,” Bauer says. “I was like, ‘F--- you, Gerrit.’ ”

[…]

“My new five-year goal is to be the most internationally recognizable baseball brand,” Bauer says. That is one reason why he continues to engage on social media, despite its pitfalls, and why he gets into so many online tiffs and references the numbers 69 and 420 so much, because his research has suggested that’s what audiences like. While he currently has about 180,000 followers on Twitter and Instagram, he plans for that figure to rise to 10 million in three to five years. He will then leverage that following to expand his fledgling media company—it’s called Momentum; it currently produces short videos of Bauer interviewing friends like Clevinger, Leonys Martin and José Berríos—into a full-service marketing and management conglomerate that, he says, will help solve baseball’s image problem with young people and popularize his antidogmatic approach to pitching. Perhaps it will be improbably lucrative, too.

“I want to be a billionaire,” he says. “Not for any other reason than just to say I did it.”

9. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

No question there'll be criminal charges. He's gone for the year. I'm glad I got to yell TYLER at him the night he pitched.

Rock Block and King1 like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Where the hell is that horse-faced molly knight?

11. Rock Block

Supporting Member

She's posting on the twit app about it.

12. Rock Block

Supporting Member

A human being who has deep-seeded mental issues that go beyond sexual gratification. They feel an urge to dehumanize their partner and one way to do that aside from verbal abuse is to assert physical dominance and punsishment. It would appear by the texts that we have seen that it was never verbal and entirely physical with Bauer.

#272 Rock Block, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  13. Rock Block

Supporting Member

As for Watson....it's quite possible he was molested as a boy and is playing out a form of molestation with the women he was meeting up with. Who truly knows? I don't. He may be a sex addict and he may be perfectly innocent of all charges but he was certainly up to something. He appears to have been deriving some sort of pleasure mentally from these meetings and doing what is alleged. That mental pleasure appeared to have never been satisfied if you account for the absurd amount of meetings he was having.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

After what he did the in first encounter, why did she go back?

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It’s pretty amazing. The best case scenario now for Bauer is that he admits to being a sick **** who escalates sexual violence in horrific ways, but always gets consent.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He’s probably just a sex addict with the means to pay for whoever he wants, without commitment. And fo him, he probably gets off on the idea of an encounter possibly not being strictly for sex (“legit massage”) but turns into one.

Watson’s argument is also that he had consensual relations… but obviously his actions aren’t as scary as Bauer’s.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The stats you are refering to dont consider the wealth and celebrity status of the accused. They are meaningless in this conversation.

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

You sound like an attorney for wealthy famous people.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hilarious that you guys completely rule out that he may have been set up. Like its not even a possibility.

20. msn

msn Member

A woman's face is broken. That anyone considers it possible she did this to herself is something other than "hilarious". Bauer is, at best, a messed up SOB in need of serious help.