1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dame Lillard "I'm too solid for this weird azz era"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pringles09, Mar 31, 2021.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

If you read my posts in full, you'll see that the only conclusion I drew was that there was a murky incident that Billups was involved with, that he gets to live with being part of his story. His and Mercer's payoff to the girl meant there was no trial, so the facts were necessarily never developed further.

Your explanation from your college days, coming from a different factual scenario, doesn't seem like a rational conclusion to draw from the stories that were told by the people involved in this case. It's like a defense attorney in closing saying, I know my client said this, but here's an entirely different explanation about what happened. (I wish they did that, I really do). If you believe Billups, he was never at Walker's condo that night and only had oral sex in his car. Mercer says he had oral sex with her at Billups' house. The victim claimed that both men had nonconsensual sex with her at Walker's place. Your explanation is simply conjecture not supported by a single witness.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not drawing any conclusions, you seemed to assigning blame and using "facts" to bolster that conclusion.

I am not trying to explain anything because I don't have a lot of the facts which is my entire point.

So please stop trying claim I believe anybody, I am just pushing back on you saying people can form an opinion on the 'facts'.

I am not saying what happened because I don't know, capiche?

JumpMan likes this.
  3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I didn't draw conclusions or assign blame - I said people were free to do so. And they are.

Your personal stance on this case, and others, seems to be that you don't take any position on the truth of criminal claims because you don't know all the facts. That's fair, and you be you. But you aren't the thought police, and you can't prevent others from making assumptions based on what they know or believe. Again, human nature.

And the "you" in "if you believe Billups" was meant as "if one believes Billups". I didn't claim you did in fact believe him, but I wanted to clarify since that seems to have been misinterpreted. I understand, you choose not to take any position.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wouldn’t mind Lillard on the Knicks playing in front of that MSG crowd

a Nets-Knicks playoff series could be fun

6. The Letter O

The Letter O Member

Damian Lillard isn't going anywhere. This trade stuff is all nonsense.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

For the Warriors, right?

I don't see it working well for them.

McCollum is 1000 times better defensively than Chef, and HUGE in comparison. Lillard/ Curry would get blown by every possession late.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They need to move McCollum and get a better playmaking forward and 2-way shooting guard. Their front court isn't very dynamic and their backcourt can't play defense. Need to rebalance that.

They are overhyped every year for the last 10 years versus what they accomplish.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

They need a real defensive first center. Nurkic ain't it. Someone like Capela would go a long way in improving the overall balance of that portland team if they're committed to their guards still going forward. Regardless that C position still needs to be addressed no matter what they do

napalm06 likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fair enough. They expect their wings to do all of the defending all of the time.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

roslolian, hakeem94 and Aware like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...already-internally-discussed-the-idea-of-deal

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dame to Warriors.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

J.R. likes this.
  18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Ha! Posted before me by nano seconds

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Time to fire up the trade machine:

To Minnesota for: D'Angelo Russell, 2022 1st , 2024 1st , 2026 pick swap, 2028 pick swap.

To New Orleans for: Jaxson Hayes, Eric Bledsoe, Kira Lewis Jr, #10, 2022 1st (via Lakers), 2024 1st (via Lakers)

To Dallas for: Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Green, 2025 1st, 2027 1st

To Boston for: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, 2023 1st

To Denver for: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris

jch1911 likes this.