1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is The Capela Trade Worse Than The DHop Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would mean harden spent his days watching tv, playing golf, and reading about himself in the news.

Patience likes this.
  2. H.D.

H.D. Member

prescient comment

3. HardenVolumeOne

and being underrated while at the same time being universally despised

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think comparing Harden to Trump works buddy

Patience and groovemachine like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

It’s my opinion, and that’s the end of it. Plus I don’t like to mix my my political beliefs in the garm. There is a forum for that here

#45 HardenVolumeOne, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  7. mightybosstone

As others have already pointed out, I have no idea why OP thinks the Capela trade was anywhere in the realm of awful that was the Hopkins deal.

With the Capela deal, you got a legitimate asset in return, and it eventually led to acquring Wood, who is at the very least on par with Capela, if not better. Hopkins netted the Texans David ****ing Johnson...

I loved Capela, but in terms of value, I didn't think it was a bad deal at the time, and it was an even better deal in hindsight after we saw what that value turned into a year later.

8. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Why do you have to keep bringing up Harden when the thread wasn’t about him. F*** Harden. He’s a traitor super-team forming, lazy, party-all-the-time, maskless-in-a-pandemic, spoiled, whiny, shrivel-in-the-moment loser. F*** the Nets. F*** that other weaka*** KD. F*** Morey for abandoning our team and making James soft by never holding him accountable and by enabling his party-first behavior. #CP3 #HeDaRealMVP #GoRockets but for this playoffs #GoSuns

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

Reminder: Looney made Clint the most useless basketball player in the entire NBA 2 years in a row.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol, then why did you do it in this thread? As you said, there’s a forum for that.

napalm06 likes this.
  11. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

This is on par with the CP3 trade and somehow flies under the radar. But if you look closely it's worst, because we were not actually forced to do it. I've never been able to explain it, top 5 rebounder, switches and you trade him away fro Covington?

First moment I thought our window was closing.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Living in denial alert

Not only would Westbrook not utilize Capela and hurt the spacing, but the team was also hurting for wing help and Westbrooks positional defense is considerably worse than CP3.

I do wonder, since you mention it, if there's a relationship between political persuasion and views on the Tilman/Morey/Harden/CP3/Westbrook Rockets events. That would be fascinating.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, "sources", "I'm told". That's not proof. These are the same kind of twats who were later reporting that Russ and Harden didn't like each other (and earlier reported the same about Paul and Harden, too). Which was disproven.

I don't doubt that Harden liked the idea of playing with Russ, but I highly doubt that this was his idea or that he pushed for this trade to happen, especially if Morey and/or Fertits was fighting it. But if Tilman wanted it, and Harden was down with it, then it's going to happen. You could argue that Harden should have been smart enough to know it was a bad idea anyway, but my point is I'm skeptical that he was the catalyst.

#53 SuperMarioBro, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ok. So the owner himself saying it isn't proof. I guess you're wanting a notorized document from Harden being signed on camera saying that he wants Westbrook and is not saying this statement under duress. If that's what you need, then I don't have it. You are right.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You think Tilman is going to say "I wanted this trade to happen, f*ck Paul, Westbroke will sell tickets"? Of course not. He's going to say his team is excited about it. He doesn't want to expose himself as the money grubbing crybaby behind the scenes, but based on everything else we know about how the Rockets have been run since 2017, we know that to be the case.

Again, I'm not doubting Harden was down with Westbrook-to-Houston. I just doubt he was the catalyst. We know he listened to Morey, and we can be pretty confident Morey would not be down with this unless his boss told him to be.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The discussion here is about whether Harden "wanted" it. Wanted is the word I used, wanted is the word you put in quotes raising a question, and wanted was the word that Tildo used.

I think of the Westbrook trade as a Tildo move, but one that Harden gave his support for. This is based on what Tildo, Harden, and CP3 have said in the days and years that followed.

Regardless, I don't know if there is any sort of evidence I could provide that you would deem credible. Obviously, I don't know Harden personally and haven't talked to him about this. I'm just going by what was reported by reporters and what was said by those involved. If you think reporters and people from the organization are not credible, then I can't really give anything else and this is where we diverge - and that's ok.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Well that's kind of my point. It's impossible to prove either way, but we have people so confidently stating it like fact. We can only go by rumor, and our intuition based on what we know to be true. The latter, especially, is what makes me believe this has more to do with Tilman than Harden. I'm sure both deserve some blame. Harden probably could have shut it down if he wanted to. But I don't think he was being a diva and demanding Westbroke, and I think reports that try to insinuate that are tenuous, at best. I think he would have been down to run it back with Chris Paul if the front office, motivated by Fertitta, hadn't floated the idea of WB. Even if it was originally Harden's suggestion, I'm sure Morey could have shut it down if it didn't also have strong support from Fertits.

Ultimately we can never know exactly how it all went down, but we already know Tilly sucks and only cares about the bottom line, and Harden was the best thing this franchise had going for it in 25 years, so I find it both easier (lol) and more intuitive to blame Tilman.

18. HardenVolumeOne

won’t happen again. I was just comparing the similarity in hate for two people I admire. It just so happens that their is parallel in how both are covered in their fields. That’s all

19. HardenVolumeOne

f*** steph curry without a super team dude haven’t made the playoffs. Dude is gifted awards for missing the playoffs

meanwhile harden can’t get an all nba selection for MAKING the playoffs

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can somebody throw an NBA player comparison for D hop? I don't watch NFL