1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy for CP3 - pissed at Harden and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2021.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why is this a false statement? Does Harden have a reputation of 4th quarter heroics?

Recency bias, small sample size, and a far inferior opponent.

Again, a small sample size against a far inferior opponent doesn't disprove a career. And where's the goal post move? The original post referred to their career did it not? So how is citing their career reputations moving goal posts?

Here's what's happening. OP made a statement that was most likely based on the entirety of Irving/Harden's careers. Jordnnn tried to disprove it using a small sample size against a far inferior opponent. I pointed out that a small sample size doesn't disprove a career. And now you claim that I'm moving goal posts because I brought up the their careers? Even though that was in the original post?

This is such a weird stance you're taking.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

No you just have poor arguments. You cannot have a debate in good faith, and the only time i ever even want to get near your drivel is when someone else is wasting their time with you so I can stop them.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

One guy was playing with Lebron. Its a poor comparison to begin with, goodbye. Disgusting arguments lol.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I always debate in good faith. The problem is, you're terrible at debating. You love speaking in absolutes/hyperbole and don't understand their implications. That's why you're usually wrong.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Do you remember that clutch isolation 3 that Irving hit in game 7 against the Warriors with a minute left? In your opinion, how much did Lebron impact that play?

6. HardenVolumeOne

a lot of them were antifa and white anarhists groups in disguise as trump supporters

But this type of post should be put in the D&D

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Reputation vs results….

Irving Playoff 4th Q points per game with TS%

2015 : 5.0 points on 50.5% TS
    2016 : 5.5 points on 54.1% TS
    2017 : 4.5 points on 44.8% TS
    2019 : 4.9 points on 57% TS
    2021 : 6.7 points on 69.9% TS

Harden Playoffs 4th Q points per game with TS%

2010 : 2.5 points on 49.3% TS
    2011 : 3.2 points on 58.6% TS
    2012 : 6.4 points on 76.0% TS
    2013 : 5.4 points on 44.1% TS
    2014 : 7.7 points on 56.2% TS
    2015 : 7.4 points on 70.0% TS
    2016 : 4.0 points on 48.4% TS
    2017 : 7.3 points on 66.1% TS
    2018 : 5.9 points on 53% TS
    2019 : 7.9 points on 57.8% TS
    2020 : 5.5 points on 58.8% TS
    2021 : 5.9 points on 78.2% TS

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Harden's reputation is that he chokes in high pressure games. Everyone knows he does well against creampuff early round opponents.

bmelo likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You are right, I filtered all Hardens numbers to only count the cream puff games to inflate them.

And I filtered Kyries numbers to only show the high pressure games and not the cream puff games to depress his numbers.

You know damn well “based off reputation” you did not expect to see those numbers I just gave you for Irving and Harden in the 4th quarter of their playoff games.

You were certain this season was a 1 year anomaly against a terrible team and that Harden generally sucks in the 4th. That Irving had a rock solid track record of 4th Q dominance that dwarfs Hardens and validates the stupid idea in the original post I responded to that Harden somehow needs Kyrie to show him how’s it’s done in the 4th quarter.

You and he were wrong. Based on the results. Not reputation. And with that you have run me around in circles enough for the night. Have a good one.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Of course I did. Harden typically does well against early round fodder. This is common knowledge. If his stats from those series are baked into the average, then I'd certainly expect them to be good.

Look at it this way. In which series does Harden typically need to be "bailed out"? Generally, it's the later series, right? WCSF and WCF? So logically, those would be the games that OP was referring to.

Furthermore, I think it's undeniable that Irving is considered more "clutch" than Harden.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

If any other page should show you why this guy doesnt debate in good faith, this would be it LOL.

DatRocketFan and D-rock like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HOFs, need to go to Brooklyn, they can get their harden juice right from his spigot.

He is done in Houston, forever.

DD

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

Agreed. Eff Harden.

What's funny is the NBA Finals is gonna former Rockets on both teams either way.

Harden wasn't patient/humble enough to realize what he had while he had it.

Left and still ended up being the same dude he always was.

kjayp likes this.
  14. Fefo

Fefo Member

Im sorry, but why should Harden get a ton a respect? He lead us nowhere, he is more famous for hitting strip clubs than game winning shots.
    He left in the worst way possible, being out of shape and forcing his way out, after making us trade for his buddy Westbrick, a trade that was really costly for the franchise.
    Its kinda incredible that not even the best player in the world can carry his sorry ass to a championship. I dont miss him.

15. HardenVolumeOne

i remmeber how shitty curry played in those finals and how if the warriors won, draymond green( the alleged scrub) would have been finals mvp haha

16. HardenVolumeOne

we are in brooklyn, its not our fault harden threads keep popping up in the garm

focus on the draft and we will be in the nba forum where we belong. But if we see any lies on harden we will be here to defend our guy. Just like curry, lillard, and lebron stans

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Gonna re-post what I said in another thread:

Who here actually has evidence that Harden "wanted" Worstbrook?

The rumors that Fertits wanted Westbrick make way more sense to me than those that Harden did. Harden liked and listened to Morey, and it's pretty well understood that there's no way Morey wanted Westbrook. It makes far more sense that Fertitta thought Westbrook would sell more tickets after a down year by a "boring" Chris Paul. I'm sure Harden signed off, but I'm very skeptical it was his idea.

Those same people who claim Harden wanted Westbroke and that they're best friends one year later were writing that they hated each other and that's why WB wanted out... We've already seen so many of these rumors all but proven false by the players themselves (including the ones that were traded to worse teams and should be salty, like Paul and Westbrook). So what makes you guys think you can believe any of them?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My understanding is that it was Tillman, not Harden or Morey who made that trade happen. Apparently Harden didn't want to trade CP3 for Westbrook but add Westbrook to CP3 & Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

the point gawd in his athletic prime lol 58 point blowout in the playoffs on his home court to Marshmelo Anthony lol

if this happened to harden the media and casual fans would NEVER stop talking about it.

Why does the garm make me do this. I like cp3, but his past playoff failures and chokes far exceed hardens lol. That 4th quarter were harden was “benched” against the clippers down 19. Who was the star player on the other team. Who choked that large lead away

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, once all the truth came out and we saw what a b**** Harden was, it was time to reconsider.

DD