1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Da F is going on in this thread

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This and other threads.

Douchy arguments on the interwebs.

3. HardenVolumeOne

hardy according to mike shmitz of draftexpress is drawing oscar robertson/ james harden comps. This is the first prospect i have seen be compared to the big o.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

young Raptors Camby was actually very similar. Funny how our perceptions or memories of players are shaped by what we saw most recently of them. I remember slower traditional center Camby, but young skinny Camby was really athletic and mobile and could handle the ball. Imagine if the Raptors kept Camby, and Billups to go along with VC and T-Mac.

And as far as that AD high school video, if Mobley played and moved like that, i'd draft Mobley on the spot. AD is in the conversation for most talented PF's ever. I dont see that in Mobley.

Bo6, Omihall23, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I love this situation we are in; every day I'm switching bandwagons. Today, that switching perimeter defense and efficient shot-blocking has me wide-eyed. Despite how the game has changed, special bigs are rare. I could see our 23rd pick (Mann or Butler) giving a scoring spark that we'd appreciate from Green.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Watching Camby at UMass was one of my earliest NCAA bball memories.

Trackwell and Caesar like this.
  7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

So you were wrong too about KG and AD not having any moves when they were in HS. Glad that's out of the way now. Unlike you Jing-a-ling, I can admit that KG did not play PG in HS, no problem. Everyone on this board has access to YouTube do they not? It's like for some strange reason you think you're the only one that has watched clips/games of Mobley and that no one else on this board except for you and the other Mobley fan boys. At first it was Harden for you but now I see your man crush has moved to Mobley now. And for the record I actually like Mobley, I think he's a fine prospect. But what I don't like is how you constantly tear other players down to pump Mobley up.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Best high school highlights I've ever seen are Andre Drummonds

Look at the fckin handles the man has

We should probably pick Green

Rudyc281, Denovo, Caesar and 6 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Magic Drummond :eek:

Rudyc281 and Caesar like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Nice find.

I agree, let guards be guards and Bigs be Bigs.

Everyone trying to get too cute and find the next Unicorn.
    The picther that can throw 103 mph, when 95 often wins
    just as well.

Guy like Bassey doesn't have guard skills but scored more points than
    the so-called unicorn. K.I.S.S rule (Keep. It. Simple. S*****)

#870 ApacheWarrior, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  11. VoR

VoR Member

Mobley is most similar to Duncan being drafted as a freshmen. He’sa post player that should average a double double with some more meat on his bones. I don’t like him as a wing at all.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Mobely mob and Green gang should co-exist better.

[​IMG]

Some Power Dancer gif to unite us all.

[​IMG]

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Nothing like Duncan. He actually had a great post game, Mobley does not.

Rudyc281 and Deuce like this.
  14. VoR

VoR Member

You need to go watch some Mobley highlights.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’ve seen actual games. He’s got skills, raw in a lot of areas and will take time to grow. Great post game is not what I consider him to have and nothing like Duncan in college.

Rudyc281 and Deuce like this.
  16. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Yeah people don’t understand how much better even an NBA center’s skill level is over high school players. You see the same things in NFL player’s high school highlights as well. This is why trying to project that bigs can do all these crazy things just based on good ability to move and basic dribbling is insane. Against NBA players those things are so much harder and you can see here that Drummond has a much better handle than Mobley and even he can’t use it that often in the NBA.

Denovo and Caesar like this.
  17. VoR

VoR Member

Mobley has a great fadeaway and superb body control. Timmy didn’t really develop his post game until his sophomore year. Adjustments from 18 to 19 are very big ones. Mobley just seems to have the same evenness about him as Duncan does. Time will tell. His work ethic tells me that he has a shot of developing into a 20/10 big.

Rally like this article on him: https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-draft/content/scouting-report-film-review-evan-mobley

D-rock, Rudyc281 and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I guess Detroit is going to ruin Cade or Green or Mobleys career too after watching that Drummond video. Maybe they forced him to be a traditional big and said cut it out to the handles and flashy stuff and to focus on shot blocking and rebounding only bc they wanted Ben Wallace 2.0 when they could have had a mix of Ben and sheed in 1 player.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not think I said anything to make you think I was bent out of shape, but I might have lumped you in with the people saying asinine stuff about Mobley to pump up Green.

My point still remains I don't see Green as this generational talent and that his type can be found in most drafts and there is really not a lot of difference from 2-3 its all about wings these days and there is usually a talented pool.

I am not anti Green I just realise he can bust like anybody else, his stuff reads like B Mc who was also an athletic freak and about the same size.

Anyway I am about done on the topic, I just wanted to put some facts out about some of narratives around Mobley and how AD and others were so much better.

sydmill likes this.