1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Monty Williams' move.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Jun 30, 2021.

1. raspar

raspar Member

Imagine the haul we could have gotten if we dumped Harden on our schedule and not his.

banzai and napalm06 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's put it this way - Green will never have Morant's playmaking, never.

BUT it is possible for Mobley to put on more weight.

Personally, I think 230 is better than 260 with the way NBA is evolving - bigs need to be able to operate on perimeter like guards without being a liability.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's a lot faster than Lavine making an impact.

And Lavine still hasn't helped his team to the playoffs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I get the joke but you lost me in any sense once you mentioned Wall. He's terrible. Draft anyone who leads to fewer minutes for Wall

5. dmoneybangbang

And Ayton wouldn’t be in the playoffs without Booker, CP3, and Bridges…. You know guards and wings.

Put Lavine on the Suns instead of Ayton and they’d still be in the playoffs. IDK if they’d be in the finals.

I see what you are trying to do… but comparing players in a vacuum isn’t the way to go.

6. csc177

csc177 Member

LOL. Another thread....man just post this question in one of the other 10 "should the pick be Mobley" threads

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

This

xaos likes this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

I hate it when you come out with those statements. This is just your opinion and you’re putting them out there as fact.

i agree with some of your takes but to be quite honest, what is your draft prediction record to come up with those things and say them with this absolute conviction?

Your statements are missing the „in my opinion“ part because that what this is. An opinion.

You have no clue if Green will eventually become a good playmaker or not.

charlieaustin and dmoneybangbang like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do people think Green is as good as Kobe or Wade?

Mobley has shown the skill to do what Ayton has done in this series and more.

D-rock likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

How do you see that happening?

Ayton was the at least the 3rd best player over the entire series and some can say the 2nd best, lavine could not do any of what Ayton did.

There is a real chance if you switched the players the suns are out in the 1st round.

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lavine on Suns instead of Ayton would NOT be in the playoffs.

That is one of the most disingenuous things I've heard to make an asinine point.

CP3-Booker-Lavine would be a hot mess and team would not have the necessary defensive anchor that is Ayton.

Do you even watch actual games or do your just run your mouth on diarrhea mode?

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Those people are idiots...

Disagree.

But we all have opinions!

D-rock likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think we collectively try to repress this thought.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ja Morant was an excellent playmaker and his vision and handles were obvious even as early as HS.

Green is not nearly as gifted a playmaker and he has not shown same propensity in that area like even KPJ did in HS.

Green is a good playmaker but his vision is not one of his strengths. He has other elite strengths, but for Pete's sake be realistic.

It is so weird that you lobby for a guy so adamantly but you are so unfamiliar with obvious strengths and weaknesses.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I disagree on both counts.

Green COULD have Morant's playmaking (I purposefully chose Morant cause he's not out here Luka, Trae or CP3'ing it.. we're talking 7 apg... might be a question of whether Green has the ball in his hand usage to hit those #s, but I can easily envision a scenario where he does.

Similarly, I can envision a scenario where Mobley doesn't get there weight wise. Mind you, weight wise to catch up to Ayton is more than 250/260, since Ayton has bulked up a lot more (as he apparently used roids/supplements).

Or you're right. Or it won't matter.

Who knows?!?! :)

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I just had to replace names with names. Maybe I should have said Lamb!!

17. dmoneybangbang

Why not? Because you say so?

To get into the playoffs?!?!

The threshold was beating the 33-39 Spurs to get into play-in tournament and the Suns were 51-21. So you think Ayton is worth 18 wins? Now that's absurd considering it's actually 8WS per bball reference.....

Seems like you are overrating Ayton just a bit....

Do you ever NOT take it so personally when someone disagrees with you?

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Playmaking is not a skill you usually develop at a high level, name a guy who has made a leap like that.

It's something that is innate, there is a reason he is considered a 2 guard and is not considered a point.

You have guys all the time that put on muscle and weight in the NBA, just look a Capella.

D-rock likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because Lavine does not bring anything that Ayton does and what he does is very important to their success.

D-rock likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

.... but why would you assume the Suns would just not have a center? The gap between the Suns and out of the playoffs was 18 games..... Lavine + an average defensive center wouldn't get you into the playoffs?