1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy for CP3 - pissed at Harden and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I blame Morey for creating the culture of suck up to Harden's whims......and yes, I believe he knew and that he left because of it in the end, I think that is the reason for the max exodus, but saying Morey had no blame is just as ridiculous - he built that team, he should have FOUGHT for it, now maybe he did and he was over ridden......or maybe he just quietly said, **** it - and left in the end.

I think he should have been stronger with Harden and with saying no on the trade, and forced the hand of Tillman - maybe even got fired.

And yes, I was down on CP3 - until I found out about the reason for him being down was that Harden was screwing him over.....the truth sometimes comes out and refocuses the truth. Also, i thought we WAY overpaid for CP3...still think that.

DD

BlastOff, Le$$ and kjayp like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Also Harden wouldn't help CP3 at all in 2019. CP3 couldn't do the stuff he was doing in 2018 and Harden made sure he felt every futile ISO possession. Also MDA couldn't scheme beyond an ISO possession..

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

:(

I miss CP3 way more than I miss James Hardee's

bro2044, PeterKingX and Crashlanded19 like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I don't think anyone expected this from CP3, I would have imagined he would have just became a journeymen until his soon to be retirement. Now he is possibly a future champ. I hope so!

hakeem94 and Clutch City1993 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol. Come on dude. This is sad.

6. jaychi

jaychi Member

definitely its all on harden

1.) cp3 did not play well with harden because harden just stands around if cp3 is in iso.
    2.) yes cp3 played bad in 2019 but it should not be a reason for a player even Harden to decide if CP3 leaves or not
    3.) CP3 did not have a problem with OKC and phoenix. in fact,teamates respect him
    4.) harden could have been patient and try it again eventhough we all though cp3 was already in a decline. forcing a trade for westbrook was not a better trade

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Cp3 going to the Lakers after this season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Like literally the owner came out and said he forced the deal.

CF: DERP DERP THANKS MOREY

9. HardenVolumeOne

harden plays the same way in brooklyn

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Going back to being wrong all the time I see.

You have always been about assigning blame just because your pet players always suck and you demand they play.

Sucks to be DD.

rgw20014life, HP3 and King1 like this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

a lot of these posters here have “harden derangement syndrome.”

Harden is not a rocket anymore. Move the eff on. Let’s focus on Rafael stone and the draft, it’s like cnn and trump. Biden is currently the president, focus on the here and now

12. jaychi

jaychi Member

but he does not complain and looks like he does show more effort in brooklyn. he is ok not being the boss there. you dont see harden standing around 30 feet from the basket if cp3 initiates the play

13. HardenVolumeOne

Didn’t he get run out of New York for eating Vaseline on a live stream a few years back. That dude Marburg lost his marbles years ago. Nobody cares what he has to say

Rocket River likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Victims everywhere, sad.

A lot of re-writing history on this thread.

It was just a bunch of everyday harmless tourists that stormed the Capitol amirite?

Rocket River, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its easy to look back in hindsight but we should have traded Harden when he cried to get rid of CP3.

Magicsaint, hakeem94 and PeterKingX like this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

it’s the same thing, kyrie, harden and Durant all take turns isoing and it led to the most efficient team offense in league history. Only thing that stopped the nets was injuries

D-rock likes this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

let it go

18. jaychi

jaychi Member

yes correct. but you see that harden is more engaged and moves from time to time. when cp3 initiates, he is standing behind him or out of his vision. harden is not a klay or booker type of player but still he needs to be engaged and not pout.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I think it's best to turn the page. Morey and Harden are gone. Morey was a great GM with a lot of bad decisions, and Harden was a great player but a total failure as a leader and a teammate which ended up ruining the chemistry of the team.
    It is time to look forward ...

PeterKingX and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i kept sayin it was the megalomania and narcissism keepin us from winning a chip... but we had blah blah blah stats so that was wrong...

lol...