1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy for CP3 - pissed at Harden and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2021.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Garbage in garbage out.

bumbum09, D-rock and larsv8 like this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Tilman can take credit all he wants, but the bottom line is Harden requested Westbrook. "I know exactly what we need to do" quote is exactly when we lost our Rockets. Tilman does not play, does not coach does not trade players. He is the owner and while he is the boss, I highly doubt anyone stood up to him when Harden requested Westbrook and he ok'd the deal and possibly maybe pushed for it. Why not? He has a whole basketball team, with coaches and players and operations and front office. If Harden says this is what he needs then yeah Tilman will push for it. I think he has learned his lesson, he is now trusting Stone and not Harden. Getting less involved. Rebuilding right....

Harden and the other two, essentially ruined The Rockets... And everyone grabbed their pitchforks and turned to the one who actually had the least to do with anything.

On the Brightside, Cant wait to see Mobley dominate here in Houston...

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Do I remember Harden losing to a team full of guys that won titles before Kawhi hit the league? Yes, I do. Yay, CP3 beat Playoff P.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think everyone shares blame but it's not correct to say owners don't trade players. It's weird to doubt that anyone stood up to him but then to wonder why every one in the front office immediately abandoned ship one year later after Tilman made public comments about Paul's contract being terrible and that Westbrook would "make the team more exciting".

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You may want to double check that Spurs roster

Aldridge
    Green
    Gasol
    Simmons
    Mills

was the starting lineup.

that game scarred me. it was hard to ever trust Harden after that again. 2018 breathed life back into Harden's legacy but then we blew that all to hell as we all know.

6. HardenVolumeOne

glad harden is outta Houston. These analysts here never cared for harden. It’s a night and day difference with the nets media

hope that number 2 gets treated better than harden did here on these forums lol

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You mean the one that had champion Manu, champion Gasol and champion Pop coaching?

bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Marbury couldn’t have said it better. Harden is unreliable in the playoffs

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

In retrospect (and I was a huge Harden fan still am), should have traded Harden and kept Paul.

Crazy how things turned out but if you were to tell me that Chris Paul would make the finals before Harden after the whole fallout?

Wouldnt have doubted it

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

While the trade was absolutely awful three years later, at the time Paul's contract was terrible. An older star that was injury prone and kept flaming out in the playoffs time after time. Only getting older, then Paul changed his diet and resurrected what was left of his career and my God is the man balling considering age and past history.

Westbrook was actually going to be more exciting, he was. Younger, quicker and more explosive. Also Harden's request and friend. Was possibly a better asset in the future as well in the event of a trade. At the time the trade did not look bad, had a low risk high reward opportunity. It did not pan out, I don't think these dudes left because of Tilman.

I think they left because there was nothing to stay here for, Morey traded away everything until there was nothing left. There actually were no more moves to make, there was nowhere to go but the bottom and to rebuild. So Harden bailed, Morey bailed and MDA as well.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Harden, mebbe. Tilman, definitely. Morey? Yeah, where them stones???

D-rock likes this.
  12. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

Manu blocking Harden the way he did was embarrassing.

jimmyv281 and mastan like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man IDGAF anymore, I'm not holding grudges towards Harden, Morey, CP3, whoever.

They tried it, it didn't work out for a variety of reasons fair and unfair, it was fun times...

I'm moving on. Looking forward to the draft and building something new. I'm not going to dwell too much on it. I'm happy for CP3 though he's always been such a competitor and you can tell he does anything in his power to win so I hope he can win 4 more games.

14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Harden/CP3 experiment simply just did not work out. What's done is done. I am excited about the rebuild. They have very good pieces in Wood, Tate, Porter and Nwaba so let's hope they do not screw up in the draft by trading it away. Also, I hope Porter matures enough to lead at PG/SG.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

This is true as well and sometimes I forget.

If it wasnt for the ugly exit in Houston, I dont think CP3 would have been so motivated to come back strong the way he did.

There was an obvious chip on his shoulder.

hakeem94, D-rock and Salvy like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Let's stop pretending that CP3 was completely blameless for his departure. He has no one to blame but himself for stinking up the joint his second year with us after getting paid, and giving our esteemed owner all the excuse he needed to get rid of him.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Now imagine if the coin flipped the other way and we had to give our 1st this year to OKC

18. mastan

mastan Member

CP3 stunk 1 year in playoffs with Rockets and that's a big deal but Harden stunk every season in playoffs and that is not a big deal.

subtomic likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

CP3 didn't "suck" in 2019, he was iced out by Harden during muh 35 point streak or whatever it was after trying to get back in a rhythm after injury

bro2044, hakeem94, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm happy we are giving Morey some slander. I agree Morey should have quit before making that trade. I still feel like he did it out of spite then quit when it failed. I used to be a Morey apologist, but I won't forgive him for his hand in destroying the Rockets.

Rocket River, BlastOff and hakeem94 like this.