1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hate the idea of Love on Rockets with a passion.

But even I may be tempted with this trade.

Corrosion, sirjesse, DCHAMP and 3 others like this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Windhorst said DWade is scared Mitchell is going. To leave Utah.

they can’t improve the roster because of Gobert contracts

I propose we offer Wall, Gordon, Tate, Olynyk, #24 pick for Gobert and Ingles(expiring)

Gobert
    Wood
    KJ
    Green
    KPJ

3. sogood.

sogood. Member

and trading the defensive player of the year for the worst contract in the league accomplishes what exactly?

mikenm268 and saleem like this.
  4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Ya... I've been looking at it and I think that the Rockets have to take worse compensation from the Knicks and Hornets. Maybe something like the below:

NYK IN: Wall
    NYK OUT: 2021 2nd via PHI (#58)

CHA IN: Gordon
    CHA OUT: 2021 2nd via BRK (#57)

NOP IN: Augustin, House, Bradley and 2023 1st via Mil
    NOP OUT: Adams, Bledsoe and #10 in 2021 draft

CLE IN: #10, #23, #24 in 2021 draft
    CLE OUT: Love and #3 in 2021 draft

HOU IN: Bledsoe, Adams, Love, 2021 2nd via BRK (#57), 2021 2nd via PHI (#58), and #3 in 2021 draft (Mobley)
    HOU OUT: Wall, Gordon, Augustin, House, Bradley and 2023 1st via Mil, #23 and #24 in 2021 draft
    HOU Re-Sign Olynyk (2 years, $32.5m, 1st year $20m & 2nd year PO) and Wilson (Vet min)

Rockets 2021/22 depth chart:
    Tate/Bledsoe/Thomas
    KPJ/Brooks
    Green/Martin
    Wood/Love/Wilson
    Olynyk/Adams/Mobley

D-rock likes this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

What’s the benefit of this trade for the Pelicans?

fattz and saleem like this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The jazz and their fanbase feel they’ve peaked with Gobert and now they’re stuck with him because his extension hasn’t even kicked in yet: they get a replacement in Olynyk and Wall would replace Conley. And Tate replaces Ingles.

jazz get younger, faster and more diverse in their attack. Plus Gordon is a great weapon off the bench. And replace Clarksons whose gone this offseason and House is an upgrade over O’Neal

I propose this to a jazz fan and he said he’d jump over it because he’s seen what the team can do in the postseason with Gobert and it’s just not enough to get over the hump.

7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I wouldn't want to part with Tate. But I don't think it's a crazy trade aside from that. Getting off Wall and Gordon's contract in one trade would be huge. The Jazz have much more use for them, and Gobert is young enough to anchor the middle okay as the team around him develops.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

They clear space to re-sign Ball and Hart. Commit to trying to building a team around Ball, Ingram and Williamson. It only costs them #10 (which is considered a weak pick in this draft) to clear the slate. They clear enough space to sign other free agents. Adams doesn't fit on the Pelicans and gets played off the court in the playoffs. Augustin is comparable to Bledsoe at this point and his contract is much more team friendly. They get to take a look at House to see how he fits. They pick up a future first. They increase future flexibility.

allanivan likes this.
  9. allanivan

allanivan Member

ma
    man I love this trade so so much. someone plz sent it to Mr. stone hope he can pull it off. this will be one of the best trade he does and you my friend takes full credits. lol

10. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

So... what would y'all give up for Herro?

sirjesse and D-rock like this.
  11. Fefo

Fefo Member

why would cleveland do this? OR ny? they already got their injury prone has been pointguard in the roster, at a waaay cheaper contract.
    You guys need to be realistic about trades, not looking for ways to get help from other team,s coz nobody is doing that.

12. Fefo

Fefo Member

one player i would like to get and i think that he shouldnt be too expensive is devount graham from charlote. With lamelo ball on that roster, they may be happy to let him, and thats a point guard that can shoot and takes care of the ball. He is very young too, so he fits nicely with our longtime rebuilding project.
    Im not sure what the cost would be, but maybe a future first round and daniel house can get us there.

jch1911, fattz and saleem like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not giving the Heat jack shet for Herro.

mikenm268 and fattz like this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The 23rd or 24th pick and that's it.

DrNuegebauer and jch1911 like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Love would have to come back, there is no way cavs will take on both wall and Love, while rebuilding, unless we offer them the boat of draft picks. You better add more on there, and i mean lot more lol.

17. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

NYK have a ton of cap room that they have to use and might strike out on FA. They want a star play maker in NY and Wall might end up being best available. Getting Wall for a very late 2nd round pick and pairing him with Randle is not bad for them.

The Cavs are well compensated in this trade. For dropping 7 spots in the draft they gain 2 mid-late 1st round picks and shed over $30m in salary. They have all of their picks going forward so if they don’t think Suggs or Mobley is what they’re looking for then maybe it’s best to take more picks and try to get lucky later in the draft. Shedding salary will help the small market team re-sign Allen and Sexton.

You guys need to do some research and think before you respond to posts. This trade helps all of the teams in one way or another.

#237 DM'sVP, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    jch1911 likes this.
  18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I thought it was pretty brilliant as well.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't want to give up a potentially valuable pick for Herro.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would welcome that.

jch1911 and allanivan like this.