1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[EC Finals] (3)Milwaukee vs. (5)Atlanta

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 20, 2021.

?

Bucks vs. Hawks

Poll closed Jun 24, 2021.
  1. Bucks in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bucks in 5

11.9%
  3. Bucks in 6

28.6%
  4. Bucks in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hawks in 7

21.4%
  6. Hawks in 6

31.0%
  7. Hawks in 5

2.4%
  8. Hawks in 4

4.8%
  1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Kind of like a beefy Kevin Durant?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh man.. it's over for Atlanta..

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden, Irving, Young - Devin Booker better wrap himself in bubble wrap and not leave his house.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  5. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

You forgot AD and Kawhi...

malakas likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

these playoffs are a joke…this whole season was a joke

Milwaukee or PHX could win the title this year, and I wouldn’t take either one seriously…they’d still have to prove themselves

SamFisher and B-Bob like this.
  7. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Start Lou and let him dance....

B-Bob likes this.
  8. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Yeah I wouldn't count out the Hawks so quickly. They still have Bogdan and Lou Will to create shots for themselves and distribute.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

That's horrible. I hope he can come back soon. The series won't be the same without him.

But I dont care if the Hawks are out of their whole starting lineup.
    I'm still not watching
    or their mascot is going to lace them up, channel the spirit of MJ and start scoring 50 and we will end up losing.

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Damn I was looking forward to watching this game. Injuries killing this season.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if this was a close game even without Trae.

Just like how the sun's almost beat the 07 Spurs in game 5 without Amar'e and Diaw. The bucks like the Spurs will naturaly lose some intensity while the hawks will be coming out with a ton of effort and fire.

hakeem94 and ElPigto like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

fixed it for you.

hakeem94, SamFisher and Jontro like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah they also play defence.
    What would be the point of even trading for Jrue in the first place if he didn't play D? He wouldn't even be a starter caliber player otherwise.

But the fact that they play D doesn't make them stars either. A star is consistently producing and neither have..I love Middleton but at best he is a top 35 player in the league. Has the definition of star nowadays become so low that a top 35 player is a star?

"Is it a crime to say that he isn't better than KD,Harden, Luka or Dame?"
    To each their own.
    I for sure dont have Dame near the same sphere as Giannis but if someone only likes to see 3s and offence with no leak of D then I am sure he can have this opinion.

You ppl here are acting though as Giannis smh has been having terrible playoffs,is exposed and is smh being carried by his teammates.
    While he is the one who is doing the carrying and has had great performances day in and out in these postseason. Consistently 30pnts a game while playing great D.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Officiating advantage for the Bucks and it's so obvious. The NBA won't survive a douche product for much longer.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

NBA can be sure to bank on continued rating drops in the Finals. I'll be doing my part. I won't watch a second of that trash with Giannis.

herp derp can't shoot. can't make a move without travelling in the post. can drive maybe 20% of the time without committing an offensive foul. free throw rules don't apply.

And here I was thinking Steph was the definition of a manufactured superstar. Boy was I wrong.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Big O looking like he's replacing Capela pretty soon. Hawks finally realized he's better.

Damn shame the Bucks didn't get Bogdanovich cause I know Giannis wanted him. Now he's tearing them up

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

According to my sources the league is on its literal last legs - literally

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

2nd season in a row we don’t have a real champion, kinda lame

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve barely watched any games past the 2nd round, but that’s mainly because of all the injuries to top guys and the caliber of teams that are still playing

the Clippers without Kawhi are just not a legitimate championship team…neither are the Hawks, and now Trae Young is missing a game

the Bucks and Suns shouldn’t even be here, but got massive injury luck…Suns are out here struggling to put away a Kawhi-less Clippers, and no way in hell the Bucks would’ve lasted more than 5 games if just 2 of the Big 3 in BK were healthy

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If Kawhi can come back and win the championship I would say Clippers is a real champion.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

He's also just a better shooter than Bledsoe and gets more respect spacing wise. Im not sure what the argument is, if someone didnt play defense they would be a significantly worse player, that applies to all players. I think you are underrating his offense.

Middleon is a star. He made the All Star team last year. No star consistently produces in the playoffs, see KD, see Paul George. He's at worst a top 25 player. Look at his advanced numbers this playoffs. The man has a higher RAPTOR than Giannis for god's sake XDD. He's played as good as you could ask for. Giannis is playing with good players.

If you switched teams. Dame would take this team much farther. He'd be surrounded by two way players who he could set up on offense while they cover for him on defense.

He's not playing any high level defenses or teams and the ones he did were very heavily injured. I didnt say he was a trash player, he's a top 10 player but I really dont think what he's done these playoffs is particularly impressive. His team has underperformed if anything. They are LOSING TO THE HAWKS RIGHT NOW WITHOUT TRAE YOUNG.

hakeem94 likes this.