1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say we want Mobley...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I forget that your reading comprehension skills are not the best so I'll be the bigger man and let you have it bro.

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Sometimes the best defense is offense...Draft Jalen Green and have the other teams worry about stopping him.

34to11 and Htown's Finest like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather draft Jaden Hardy in 2022 instead.

Hardy is the more advanced offensive player and much better defensively to boot.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Jalen Green has proven he can be an elite scorer at the next level. G league competition>College. Green's skills have a better chance of translating to the NBA then Mobley's.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Hell no to Beal. And the Rockets will still be rebuilding this coming season so no reason to move pieces around just yet. Wood would be a good mentor for Mobley and if it doesn't work out then Wood could fetch another piece in 2023 perhaps. Either way, now is not the time to think about fit as much as develop talent.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we are going to be picking near the top in both of these drafts how do you rank Mobley, Holmgren, Banchero? I like Hardy as much as I like Green, view them as almost identical prospects, but I have Banchero as the best draft prospect since LeBron.

Roster building should have some level of forsight instead of just going BPA every time you draft. Thats what the Kings do. Thats what the Wolves do. Not getting those teams anywhere.

Warriors built with fit in mind to play a certain style and created a dynasty.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like Banchero best too. But not as a 5, which is likely where Mobley ends up in 5 years.

Think AD or Bosh role in playoffs.

But Jaden Hardy is head and shoulders better than Jalen Green offensively IMO.

Defensively it's not even that close.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'll be following Hardy closely with the GLeague Ignite this year. I like him as a prospect, but dont value him that much higher than Green. I also dont feel that Mobley will A) develop much outside of a defensive Rudy Gobert type and B) wonder if his heart and body are made for a legacy in the NBA.

should be pretty interesting couple of years coming up.

Dobbizzle, HTXSportsAddict and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rudy is 3X DPOY, not a bad comp.

But difference is that Mobley can switch while Gobert is complete liability away from rim.

And Mobley is much more skilled offensive player, not just as a scorer but as a playmaker.

Mobley can rebound and run court as well as show and go in half court.

Gobert will never develop those skills.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

so you would go Mobley/Hardy over Green/Banchero? Yeahhh. I don’t know. I’m not as high as others on Mobley, but I would take him over Suggs and hope for the best.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if we're gonna play this game i'd rather draft pablo banchero...

Denovo likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

to me , the greatest question with Mobley is how his body develops . 7 foot fear and all of that .

skills are already high for a big . And while it’s true that the required skill level for bigs has gone up in this era ... the skill requirement for guards/wings has gone up even more . If you’re 6’5 and under you better be packing some incredible abilities otherwise you’ll be replaced by someone bigger with equivalent skill

defense matters . Tough to say how good Mobley will be in NBA . It was a wacky college season and bigs have the steepest learning curve on D .

if we take Mobley I would like to explore moving wood . If you want to do player comparison Mobley seems to be more Ralph Sampson than other famous bigs .

sports medicine is better . If Keith Jones (gulp) thinks he’s good then I’d take him unless he tanks the interview and Suggs and/or green blow you away .

But I don’t think Mobley is going to be good as in not some type of liability if we make it to the playoffs year 1 .

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed with everything except moving Wood.

Too early to even think of trading Wood.

Embrace the wood.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

No.

Just unlikely that Rockets will have top 2 pick again.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's like saying you'd rather draft Cade in THIS draft.

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I love how people on here try to say this about Green and Kuminga. Obvisouly the potential based on draft night is highlighted.

Cade, Mobley, Suggs. They played at collegiate level and are your top 3. Not some broke down dleague. You pick those top 3, and thats what any professional GM will do. Rockets will select Mobley. Cade to Pistons, and Cavs Suggs. Unless there stupid and bite into some hyped up kid like Green who played in dleague with nobodies.

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

KPJ Gonna have to shoot lights out, but dang, Mobley, Simmons w/ KPJ that would be hella epic bro.

18. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Trust me the G League has more overall talent vs College Basketball.

34to11 likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

No Hell no nooooooooooooooooooooo

20. hahachui

hahachui Member

I vote for Mobley
    And I think Suggs > green
    Green decision making looks bad. Don’t think basketball iq can be fixed

fattz likes this.