1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The most valuable draft assets the Rockets have to trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 26, 2021.

1. timlan2057

timlan2057 Member

Man, I would LOVE this. And it’s credible. Ultimately I don’t think the Cavs bite. The jury is still out on Wood’slong term sturdiness. Considering any of the top four has a good chance of being a cornerstone building block, I think Cav fans would riot if the Cleveland brain trust did this.

#41 timlan2057, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I liked your idea of trying to turn Wood into #3 but couldn't disagree more with this. We should listen but just taking whatever the best offer we can get is would be idiotic.

I don't have any interest in trading Wood to GSW for example to pick Franz Wagner or something. He could be a high-level player for another 6-7 years. The max isn't a big deal if he proves he's worth it because you have to spend your money on something and it's unlikely we're going to be in the running for FA's that are better than Wood in two years.

We've got to be good by 2024. Going Full Process shouldn't be an option.

3. timlan2057

timlan2057 Member

Sorry. Didn’t see this before I posted my first reply. Better chance of the Cavs going for this.

Yes. With the quality available in the top four, I’d do it. A haul of Mobley and Green would be a draft about like Ralph Sampson and Rodney McCray.

4. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

This.
    Resigning Wood will cost us a lot of cap space in 2023/2024.
    If we move Gordon for a short contract we can add 2 Max contract players to our young players and the NJ picks.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm good with wrapping John Wall with:

#3 (2027 Houston/Brooklyn)

&

#5 (2025 Houston/OKC/Brooklyn)
    +
    House

6. conquistador#11

It's almost like we live in 2 different realities. The Rox fans where it's NBA Draft party everyday.
    And the one where the NBA conference championships are on going. There is a season going on?

Haven't been this excited in 15 years. They better not trade the pick for a no stats all star.
    Notable players from that 2006 draft,
    Lamarcus went no.2
    Brandon Roy's knees @ 6, so close to the 8th pick.
    Rudy Gay @ 8
    Reddick @11
    Rondo @ 21
    Kyle Lowry @ 24

And Milsapp in the 2nd round.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Is the #2 worth the #5 and # 8 if you threw in Tate. Magic holds those picks.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wait what? No. If Magic offer 5 and 8 we should say No.