1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

World class handle? Lmao are we watching the same player?? His handle, or lack there of, makes me pessimistic of Green’s floor.

D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  2. liveguy

liveguy Member

I like Green too...but..ummm

D-rock likes this.
  3. Possum

Possum Member

I’m mean really we’re in a no lose situation as long as the rockets don’t try and get cute. Green or Mobley flip a coin as far as I care. I want Mobley but Green is no consultation prize. We’re either going to have an incredible front court pairing or an incredible back court pairing. I’m looking forward to watching them grow the next few years. Now watch stone do something stupid.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Stone has been okay so far.

Possum likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man I can't wait to see the new Jalen Green and KPJ billboards.

Adiano-Malko, Salvy and Denovo like this.
  6. Denovo

Denovo Member

Video is outdated. Mobley’s stats dropped in all categories after this.

He’s unimpressive Offensively but has high defensive upside. A project.

Give me the NBA ready, athletic, 6’6-6’5 high work ethic killer any day.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Jalen Green will be better than Cade....No doubt Green should be the pick...

Adiano-Malko and coachbadlee like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like even if everything goes wrong and he.never develops he will still be a Jordan Clarkson level player just due to pure scoring. That's a pretty safe bet and not a bust at least. Every team could use a Clarkson or Jamal Crawford or EG

Dobbizzle and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I swear this board is acting as if Jalen Green is the second coming of Kobe or something.

D-rock likes this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

People like his game because he's lanky, athletic, and he makes it look "easy" to score even though he's barely top 20 in scoring in the G-League. He's got bounce and he's flashy. As if we haven't had enough lanky athletic busts in the top 5 the last decade to make these guys wary

Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Just a reminder to everybody how insanely good Malik Monk looked. If you try saying Green is different, stop, because you literally do not know that. Man could easily be J.R Smith or Malik Monk, all we've seen is a handful of G-League games. Dude is not the second coming of Kobe or LaVine so soon, he hasn't even seen an NBA floor.

if I were asked to pick between a guaranteed Clint Capela (Mobley), a guaranteed starting PG (Suggs), or someone that could be anywhere between a Gerald Green or a Zach LaVine I'd take take either of the former. Green is a HUGE question mark and so many of y'all are refusing to acknowledge that (btw, LaVine is on another planet athletically even after an ACL tear and the man ain't even that good) Sure, he's shiny and flashy like LaVine, but give it up for a sec and look at the other options on the table.

If we do take Green though, I'm prepared for all the ones who called the loudest for Green to grow impatient with his development the quickest. Just how it seems to work around here

#371 BigggReddd, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    CXbby, D-rock and JayGoogle like this.
  12. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

For me personally, I hadn't paid much attention to the upcoming prospects because I wasn't sure when we would pick or if we would have our pick at all. No sense in getting up for anyone and then we land at 5 and that mf'er go to the Thunder. Despite all that, guess what the 1 thing that I did know was? Cade was going #1. That's due to the media telling me that beforehand through osmosis of everyday media. Now that I've done my own research, eye test, watched interviews, etc. Now, I see why Jalen Green can be the guy. I didn't know that he was ranked #1 coming out of high school. I didn't know he was the first big name kid to go to the G League instead of college. Now I see why the media kinda ignored him to a certain extent and jumped on the Cade bandwagon. Cade is definitely worthy of the #1 pick just based on his numbers and play college, but Green played against former pros and put up great numbers and stats himself. That is even more impressive than college comp.

With all that said, Cade could've done the same thing had he went the G League route. So I'm not saying Green is the #1. I'm just saying it looks like more of a conversation than the mainstream media is leading everyone to believe.

Dobbizzle, hakeem94 and coachbadlee like this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Mobley looks like he is always in slow motion for me.

Jalen Green may be relying too much on his athleticism.

However, I think Cleveland, Toronto, and Orlando are salivating to trade up for Green. Use this and to take a good player and get Mobley.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol SMART

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why would these two be guarantees?

Both of them have glaring issues, and red flags (just like Green). Mobley could well be just another Bagley or Bamba.

All 3 guys have issues in their game that could make them busts, none of them are guarantees.

ilovehtownbb, IvanLCPM, King1 and 3 others like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps, will he be better than andrew wiggins tho?

17. Denovo

Denovo Member

An 18 year old being top 20 in g league scoring is supposed to be a bad thing?

You do know g league is higher competition than college right.

The youngest prospect in the top 4 put up 46/37/83 shooting splits against grown men and former nba players straight out of highschool.

How do you downplay that?

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is why you never tank

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Elaborate. We don't have great trade assets to net a franchise player. We don't have the unlimited bankroll to sign a franchise player with a cheap ass owner. We don't even have a good team to compete for the ring. How do u suggest we sign a franchise player from free agency if the one we did have quit on us? Tanking and nabbing a lottery pick is the only way to get a franchise player. As fans we can our hope the front office doesn't fk it up. Hence the sht ton of threads debating on the best player to draft.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is always a chance all those guys are just near Allstars and one of the 6-10th pick will get to stardom.

#380 daywalker02, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    apollo33 likes this.