1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

and to add. the way i look at it too (obviously some risk here as they are losing money because of foreclosures being blocked the last year) it is a hedge on the market in a way. there is probably about a .0003% chance it ever gets to its all time highs again but the last year the govt pretty much stopping their business it's a unique makeup of circumstances that got this company to its current valuation.

saitou likes this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Microsoft can add ending the day as a $2 trillion company to the list of things it’s accomplished today, alongside announcing Windows 11. That makes it the second American publicly traded company ever to have a market capitalization of over $2 trillion (the other member of the club being Apple)

dmoneybangbang and saitou like this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Any of u tracking/holding good companies/spacs with cheap warrants? Been having bad luck with calls ever since gme blew up premiums, making it risky to manage the decay of the time value. With current market, warrants may be the next best way to play. @Cokebabies @robbie380 ?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nope I haven’t been trading them since they crashed.

saitou likes this.
  5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I don't know if I would call it cheap but it's not expensive. I have a bet on SVOK, which is turning into Boxed. The valuation doesn't seem too crazy and I like the Boxed business model and their management.

saitou likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think CLOV may blow up over the next few weeks. There are several things converging to make it happen too.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

What makes you say that?
    Another wsb squeeze?

saitou likes this.
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

+1, come on pele, talk to us like we are 10 :D
    tbh, i'm still not sure what exactly ASPS does haha

Sajan likes this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

SPCE.

FAA clearance.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

ugh. hate this company

Ziggy likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sajan, any thoughts on ATNF? potential next biotech play after ctxr, phase 2b/3 trial results in 4Q. risk/reward profile is more extreme. approval won't be as straight fwd as ctxr's but the payoff is also potentially bigger. there are also warrants for even more leverage but be aware that 1 warrant only redeems half a share, and already expensive relative to underlying share price.

https://frugalnorwegian.com/atnf/

as a minor bonus, after splitting half with my broker, i'm still collecting 27% p.a. in short interest from the shares. still thinking whether to take a big position.

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

funny you ask! I just added it to my watch list two days ago. i was going to tell you about it. i want to start a position but trying to figure out when to go in. there's still time i feel like? I am going to see how CTXR does and then move those funds to ATNF

warrants are interesting but i was thinking if they are going to get bought out, i dont want that extra risk of warrants expiring worthless.

good DD here.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ATNF/Z3MxVgtx-ATNF-Anti-Inflammation-leaders-INflaming-the-shorts/

The presentation doesn't give much of an insight into the long term plans of ATNF , but there is no mention of ramping up manufacturing, or even exploring manufacturing parameters, nor attempts to go to market. The company also doesn't make a single mention of planning into phase 4, which gives me the sense they never plan on it and aren't thinking of it at all. They either aren't thinking of it because they are in talks to be acquired or are just uninterested in wasting time thinking or talking about something when they are so sure of being acquired. That doesn't mean they are going to be acquired, just that they have some notions of it.

saitou likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

thanks for the link. the single most important factor is the likelihood of successful phase 2b/3. even if we don't hold thru the result but just play the run-up, there needs to be high optimism that it will succeed before the result comes out, like what we are seeing with ctxr, but i'm not qualified to make that call (ctxr's minolok just kills bacteria in a catheter, ATNF's drug is trying to do something much more complex). do you know any doctors that would be have an opinion based on the phase 2a results?

Also given the market opportunity, if EVERYTHING in their pipeline goes perfectly, this could seriously be a 100x stock, unlikely to happen but that's the magnitude of the upside.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

the dd is from a "doctor" haha.
    check out the comments in the link. i need to read more into it.
    you are right though, we can play the hype.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Chinese tech is finally joining the party. KWEB, CQQQ, BABA, JD, etc. all had good days on good volume.

saitou likes this.
  17. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

I think chinese stocks are gonna take off. Their economy has been growing at an enormous rate. Especially while other economies have been held back by covid. Not trying to debate conspiracy theories, but, I think the chinese stocks should provide great returns.

Sajan likes this.
  18. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I'm in ATNF. I think this will make a SAVA type move if positive data is released.

saitou likes this.
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Warrants or shares? Do you think there will be a pre-release run like we are seeing with ctxr, and did Sava run up before result release?

Ibkr is still charging the shorts 55% to borrow and I get half for lending shares - one positive for shares over warrants. Management owns a lot of stock so traded float is small, this is a huge squeeze candidate. I first bought at $8 when it dipped over the late filling and sold most of the shares at $10+, but after looking at it more in depth, thinking if I should load up again for pre result run in 4q.

20. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I have warrants, shares, and Nov $10 calls.

saitou likes this.