1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this Hakeem vs Jordan 2.0?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 23, 2021.

1. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

My point was Ayton is averaging 16p/11r in his first playoff run aged 22 (+ being clutch).
    That's not a role player. That is a top prospect living up with his expectations to become a star.

You could also find the next Hakeem on the #40 pick. But chances are you won't. This is why prospects are ranked.

Yeah, draft power this year is high. This is why it is challenging to choose between the top 5 prospects, which is a good dilemma to have.
    But saying you that a NBA team would easily skip Mobley talent, rated as high as best big over the last 10 years (so, prospect wise better than Ayton) just because they have the 23-24 picks is delusional.

blue_eyed_devil, D-rock and vince like this.
  2. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

LOL. No. Here are Akeem and Jordan's college mixtape. Either Green or Mobley would be lucky if their NBA mixtape can hold a candle to these.

D-rock, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m still taking the Dream over Jordan I don’t care what anyone says or thinks.

ico4498, D-rock, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  4. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

I watched both of those and Green looks much closer to Jordan’s mixtape than Mobley does to Hakeem! Both Jordan and Hakeem looked much more physically developed in college than either Green or Mobley. I’m personally leaning more towards Green because the league is extremely perimeter oriented now, he seems to have more confidence than Mobley, and he played well against NBA talent in the G league at a younger age than Mobley. All of the top teams in the playoffs have a superstar elite scorer at the guard/wing position and a top tier defensive center isn’t doing much to stop that.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cade must be like Magic Johnson then.

NewAge likes this.
  6. vince

vince Member

Probably because both were older and more developed. At 20 you are starting to gain your adult bulk frame, at 18 years old you are still growing lengthwise.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

smh, people really need to stop mentioning legends when talking about this draft class…it got past the point of being nonsensical and embarrassing a long time ago

calurker, D-rock and saleem like this.
  8. vince

vince Member

I still remember Howard Stern asking Magic if the Lakers were lying to us all these years, because Howard was taller than Magic, while Stern claimed to be only 6’4”…. NBA measurements were a land of fantasy up until they went to this new requirements.

But Magic was a wizard with that basketball regardless… Dude was the 80’s for the NBA….

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

comparing mobley to hakeem deserves a ban

calurker, D-rock and BossHogg713 like this.
  10. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Implying that the Rockets shouldn't have drafted Hakeem deserves a ban

calurker, D-rock and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hakeem and Jordan were super studs, from the get go.
    Let's not turn Mobley vs Green into that. My choice is Green, but he will need a lot of time to reach star status.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Good point, not to mention people forget that both Jordan and Hakeem didn’t win titles until the GM put the right group of guys around them! Shipping out Oakley drafting Horace Grant, placing the right skill set of point guard next to Jordan. Rudy giving his guards the green light, picking up Mario Elie….

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Akeem was a mean man!

D-rock likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So Jalen Suggs will be John Stockton??

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like 7'0 Mobley, 6'9 JT Thor as defensive anchors plus 6'10 point forward Vrenz Bleijenbergh.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

And MJ's defense was underrated piece of his legend.

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. varughese.arun

You haven't watched enough green

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Evan Mobley Hairline is not trending well, he looks older than he is.

I read a comment that Evan Mobley is not 100% into basketball, wants to become a doctor.

Jontro likes this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

It was 1984 and I'm more worried about Sam Bowie being in the mix (he went #2 that year)

20. StevieCrossover

anybody got sam bowie's college mix tapes?