1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

JALEN GREEN

EVAN MOBLEY

OUTLOOK

When watching these workouts, what do you see?

I see a major difference in basketball intangibles.

Jalen Green is going to be a superstar.

I’m much more confident in Green’s ability to develop his defensive game than I am in Mobley’s ability to become polished offensively.

Granted, I do believe Mobley will be an incredible defender.

At #2, you just can’t pass up on a guy like Green. He has a skillset that reminds me of some of the best ballers to ever strike fear in the hearts of opposing defenders.

Go Green and don’t look back.

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Jalen Green is on another level. Rockets would be stupid to pass on him! The only reason Cade Cunningham is ranked higher is because he got more visibility in college! Green has the quickest first step I've ever seen..blow past anybody!

#262 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Deuce, bballjunkie, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  3. raining threes

Green is a matchup nightmare.

Can he become a guy that can closeout games? I'm betting yes, Green was higher rated than Cunningham. Green spent his time in G-League and Cunningham played with a bunch of scrubbs. Depending om work ethic Cade should become Magic lite, What you're betting on is Green will become a closer. The talent is there and when you pair KPJ/Green together are building blocks. They're going to be picking high in 2022 and I'm fine that.

saleem likes this.
  4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jalen Green vs Cade Cunningham

Team Why not(Black)Jalen vs Team Titans (white) Cade
    Jalen’s team wins by watching highlights you could tell he was the best player on the floor that day -

saleem likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Green has superstar potential. You have to be blind to not see it the moves this dude pulls off at 19 against Pros in League, his athleticism, size... He has that 2004 SG feel (Tmac, Kobe, MJ, Vince) not saying he will reach their levels but he has chance depending on work ethic

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

What you are talking about his handle is world class at 19 while being 6'6 with 6'8 wingspan. Give that man some bulk and he will toy with any defender in NBA

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

its low-key vibe as hell

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

If he ends up as good as current Christian Wood it will be his big success

saleem likes this.
  9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Houston Rockets: Evan Mobley

Big, 7-0, 20.1 years old (USC)

USC’s Evan Mobley has elite length and athleticism, which made him a force to be reckoned with during the NCAA tournament. But he was stellar all season long considering that, since 2009, the only other freshmen to record a box plus-minus above 12.0 were Zion Williamson, Anthony Davis and Karl-Anthony Towns. As the Rockets retool their roster, they can have their big man of the future in Mobley.

JayGoogle and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  10. Rockets4Life13

I just realized that Jalen Green was the top
    prospect in this draft class for years until he went to the g-league (where he did fine) and the other guys went to college ( worse competition) and now they’re ahead of him? Nah man that makes no sense. Give me Jalen Green over anybody. I’m not even sure that he won’t be better than Cade aswell.
    I just hope we are set on getting either JG or Cade.

Mr Woods, bballjunkie, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Green does have an unorthodox shot but he can make 3's, hit 2's. Look at his hesitation, driving and finishing. He can make plays too. He is even developing a turnaround jumper. He can be a unicorn SG. He does have defensive potential despite his weaknesses. He has the edge over Mobley, because of his killer instinct in my opinion. He won't shy away from physical contact.

12. Rockets4Life13

The more i get into this topic the more convinced i am with JG. He could easily be the best player out of this draft, even better than Cade.

13. 9baller

9baller Member

Agreed, but I keep seeing projections that we take Mobley. I just hope they're wrong.

bmelo likes this.
  14. Fefo

Fefo Member

I think if we take Green, we should explore the posibility to trade down, coz i think Mobley and Cade are almost a lock for most teams at 1 and 2. Maybe we can get something else for him from the cavs. They already have 2 guards, and will probably love to add Mobley to their frountcourt.

kevtse likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Their unprotected 2002 1st round pick plus Jalen Green.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we are watching different games. I don’t remember Mobley getting abused “on the regular” by fat guys.

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

I love KPJ, but I want Green as insurance in case KPJ can’t handle his off court issues in the long run

I have a feeling there is a serious chance Detroit takes Green over Cade

saleem likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His efficiency and ability to get to the line indicates something else. Also, his insanely soft hands and touch around the rim. Also a driving threat off the bounce from the three point line, and a developing three point shooter.

Points will not be difficult to come by for this dude.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The pistons love him and considering him at 1 and ramona said that scouts are considering him at 1 as well

saleem likes this.
  20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I saw this trade proposal on Twitter so I’m not trying to take credit but I think it’s interesting enough to post.

How would you guys feel about trading Wood to the Cavs for K Love and the #3 pick?

You can then draft Mobley AND Green. Problem solved.

We’d probably have to add a bit more but I think if you can get both then you go for it.

HTXSportsAddict and jnuge90 like this.