1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Houston will be open to trading pick for player to accelerate rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jun 22, 2021.

?

Should 17 win Houston trade their pick to accelerate their rebuild?

1. Yes

12.6%
  2. No

87.4%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

nah, he bringing that drama with him. Dont need a white Harden

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Enjoyed reading the post. Fun speculation. I'd be shocked if that played out, of course. ;-)

Milos likes this.
  3. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

man this thread really is a textbook example of how stupid our fanbase can be.

there's literally nothing wrong at the moment and here we are, nearing ten pages of chicken little garbage after receiving some great news last night

it's truly pathetic

4. HardenVolumeOne

watch our next franchise player will be treated like crap on these forums like harden was

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Just because that instance of a trade back hasn't worked all that well, doesn't mean every trade back is a bad move. Also based on the entire playoffs; who is to say the Hawks won't win it this year?

It depends solely on the players available at the picks in question, how you rank them by tiers, and what flaws/questions you have about them.

Lastly, saying you will never trade the is still crazy. None of these guys are non-debatable Lebron or even Zion level talents. Having a reasonable discussion is not dumb.

6. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

you're right, that is a virtual certainty

complain about the mere possibility of trading the pick, crap all over the guy we end up drafting with it

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

You just grumpy that suns center scored the winning hoop on you last night

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thought about ..... open to it

John Wall + #2 for Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr +#3

Rocket River
    Fickled

joshuaao and Mkieke like this.
  9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Sounds like posturing. Only players that might be available appear to be Beal and Simmons, and the #2 isn’t worth either. I could certainly see a trade down or a packaging of 23 and 24 to get in a vet, but I fully expect us to stay in the top 4.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

11. vince

vince Member

I voted no for trading the pick. But on a possibility that some team falls in love with a prospect and they are willing to mortgage the farm for it, well the smart move is to listen. Especially if our metrics are telling us something different.

However at this point it’s all good. There is going to be a solid foundation to put a competitive team next season. And the Rockets have a few more 1st round draft picks next season too…. So they may be fringe playoff team next season, but most likely a probable lottery team again, but perhaps by 2023 and 2024 we are going to be grown a solid nucleus/foundation and perennial playoff bound for the foreseeable future.

12. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i'm just grumpy because i lose a little bit more faith in humanity reading so much baseless trash

as much as people fear us becoming the Knicks, for most of these fans that is exactly the kind of team they deserve, honestly

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  13. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Why the **** would anyone want Zion Williamson? He's 2 years into his career and already acting out. You think this dude is going to stick around in Houston when his contract is over? We'd be the same situation last year with Harden, **** that ****.

juanm34 likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so against any move like this that ruins a longer term organic rebuild...the percentage play.. where you have an opportunity to create a culture.(while at the same time giving us little or no window..evah)

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't get it. If Tilman is so cheap, why would he trade a cheap rookie for an expensive star veteran?

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Everyone in the league would trade a pick to accelerate their future. Woj Is an idiot

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude our franchise imploded over this last year we lost our franchise historically great player in his prime, one of the best GMs, one of the best coaches, our CEO, our commentators and our owner has proven to be a meddling idiot who is a major culprit if not the cult or it for our entire demise

Yeah a lot of fans are going to be pessimistic when reports come out immediately that the shut up and listen guy wants to expedite our rebuild by trading our top draft pick.

18. Roc Paint

I’m not gonna argue anymore about who I think should be the number one pick for the Rockets.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We should trade it for Justin James

20. Roc Paint

For my cousin and 4 future first round picks

ThatBoyNick, malakas and Rudyc281 like this.