1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more Cade - Who do you want now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 22, 2021.

?

Who's going to be that franchise player for us?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2021.
  1. Mobley

87 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Green

168 vote(s)
    60.2%
  3. Suggs

45 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. Kaminga

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Except they both excel with the ball in their hands. Green was less that 30% on catch and shoot threes. Kind of like Harden in that respect. I still think we pick Green unless Cade is available. I’d be ok trading back to 4 for the right compensation. All top 4 are can’t miss to me.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"No more Cade"? Didn't you see the other thread? Can't'choo read? Detroit might take Jalen Green at #1!

AH-AH-AH-CHOO!-BU*LS**T!

3. JD88

JD88 Member

There isn't a true NBA center until midway through the first round.

saleem likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

comparing green to harden just isn't right. green isn't a facilitator, he is a scorer. yes, you need the ball in your hand to score but the difference is one is making a decision right away and the other is probing, dribbling the ball a ton and letting the play develop. this is why KPJ and JG would be excellent fits next to each other.

Jalen Green will be a dominant cutter and off the ball movement person in a few years. i can already see a lot of backscreens by wood with KPJ throwing the lob to green and yes that makes me a little wet.

5. JD88

JD88 Member

Hes three or four years from his prime...

Unless you assume he'd regress based on a hunch.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This is good too. Can Tre play some PG? I'll go for Jackson if available, and Murphy III. Green is my choice at number 2 as well.

#146 saleem, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

At least spell 'Kuminga' correctly in your poll. :rolleyes:

8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he can, but probably more suited to SG. I think they can get some good projects in this range and would hate to see them trade back or combine the two picks to move up marginally. I think those players would be a pretty sweet haul.

saleem likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kaminga Kuminga Tomato Tomahto :D

10. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

White Flight

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Way too many PF/C busts than gems. Remember James Wiseman, he is the same size as Mobley. And Wiseman didn't help GSW injury, or no injury. It would not surprise me, if GSW try to trade Wiseman to another star player.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

It would have to be minimum salary players with this owner

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thought about ..... what is the difference between 2 and 3?

John Wall + #2 for Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr +#3

Rocket River
    Fickled

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

My preferences in order:
    -Cade
    -green
    -Suggs/Mobley(I go back and forth on them so much). Suggs a great play making floor general, Mobley a two way defensive anchor and big time all nba potential

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I really don’t get the appeal of Suggs. I don’t watch college hoops but from what I’ve read he does not have a jump shot. The descriptions remind me of Ben Simmons. Are we assuming and hoping he will develop a jump shot, like everyone did with Simmons? Or am I way off on this?

Again, I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m looking to be educated. Someone on Suggs island please present the case and tell me why I’m wrong.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Suggs can shoot. Comparing him to Simmons is crazy.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. jadrien

jadrien Member

Trade back and Kuminga.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

he has a jump shot…he is nowhere close to Ben Simmons, I’m surprised u got that impression

I think he could be a Kyle Lowry type PG with some athleticism…stats won’t jump off the page, but impactful, makes the right play, and helps your team win

harold bingo likes this.
  19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe Ben Simmons was too harsh of a comparison, Simmons takes 0 3s per game and Suggs at least takes 3s...it's kind of hard to find a comp. But the impression I got from my short reading and one video I saw is that he is a crazy good athlete, thrives in transition, does most of his scoring around the basket, but is a poor jump shooter that struggles in the half court. Maybe like...a lesser version of Westbrook? Trying to think of athletic guys that excel at getting to the rim but are very poor jump shooters, maybe John Wall? Only speaking from a scoring perspective here, not an overall player comp, not trying to say his overall game is like Wall/Russ.

I dunno the best comparison, but it just sounded like a player that I really wouldn't want on my team. If you are a super athlete that thrives in transition and can only score around the basket but struggle with halfcourt offense and also struggle with your jumpshot, that's not a formula for success in todays NBA. Those are the types of players that always get exposed in the playoffs and flame out.

#159 harold bingo, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think it's fair to be calling Wiseman a bust yet...but there are just as many guards and forwards that bust too.

bloodwings19 likes this.