1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Breakdown of our choices at 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 22, 2021.

?

Who should we take?

1. Green

223 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. Mobley

110 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Suggs

40 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If you are really arguing that college basketball is just as competitive as the g-league, then there really isn't a point to continuing the discussion.

Denovo likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

The G-league isn't even competitive lol. It's made up of mostly players who just want to play basketball and make like <$40k who are desperately still trying to get into the nba somehow. Have you seen a G-league player break down in emotion before? The G-league are pick ups games that literally nobody goes to watch. You obviously don't follow either enough to even have a opinion to take serious at this point. A random nobody can pay $500 and try out for a G-league team.

#142 YOLO, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Suggs is the best bang for buck, he's going to be wanted by multiple teams.

Being drafted by the wrong team is a thing. I really chose Mobley, but his shooting close to the rim clogs the paint. He can start 13 + ft out but a slow, grinding offense isn't difficult to defend when you know who the shooter is. He's not going to be the best player on the floor if he's to win a championship. I'm okay w/ this, though. The biggest problem is that Mobley just doesn't fit a Rockets offense. I honestly don't know if creating space on the perimeter is something we want him doing when it's going to be clogging the paint.

If we end up tailoring our team to fit to Mobley, that's banking on the second coming of the sky hook. It CAN happen, the guy is tall enough, and he already has it down. The question is if the sky hook is as legendary as it seems in the modern era. It definitely can be. But it can't be the only threat on a championship team. Someone else has to step up with go-to moves/shots.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are you aware that g-league consists of mostly D1 basketball players that couldn't crack it to the NBA, except now are in their 20s and train/play basketball for a living with a proper system in place?

And you think D1 college basketball is equally competitive somehow even though they play less basketball, are far less physically developed and do not have any form of professional basketball regiments?

You are free to say g-league stats do not mean much, but to argue that college basketball is just as competitive as g-league is frankly asinine.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

this post makes no sense. again you obviously don't follow either enough. The average G-League player could give two shitts whether they win or lose games.

6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

So Green is a bad pick up shooter... with KPJ on the team already.... HUMMMMMMN......

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that he's bad at it, it's that he tends to hesitate before shooting the catch and shoot looking for a driving opportunity and that can cost him open looks at 3's. That's something easily ironed out.

hajkov and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Like I said, if you truly think college basketball is just as competitive as the g-league, then there's no point discussing this.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

from someone who doesn't actually follow college and assuming about the g-league, this is irrelevant

it has plenty to with it when you're talking bout competitiveness. Like I said the average g-league player couldn't careless if they won or loss.

10. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Talent is not the same thing as competitive

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

This is a really old video that doesn't have any of his G League play. He shot 36.5% from three at only 19 years old in the G-League vs grown men. His shooting will improve for us over the years trust me.

hajkov likes this.
  12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Above the door in his Walnut Creek apartment was a yellow Post-it note. When he moved in, Green wrote down a list of goals. He can’t recall exactly what they were, just that he crossed them all off—except one. “Be the No. 1 pick,” says Green, smiling. Who knows? He may get to cross that one off, too.

13. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Here's my dream scenario for a faster rebuild timeline:

I'd be interested in a trade down to #4 and pick up an asset from Toronto (Chris Boucher or 2023 FRP). We then use the pick for Jalen Suggs: he can play off the ball and trade possessions with KPJ, and he has a stable personality (very underrated asset on this team). Also, he has just bad enough individual defense to keep us bad and land us a top 5 pick next year. By that time, we may finally offload Wall's contract as well.

14. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Last time we drafted a Mobley, it worked out pretty well for us. In all seriousness, give me the 7 footer with a 7'4 wingspan and high IQ on both sides of the ball. If a knock on him is lack of variety of post up moves, I believe we have a DREAM coach that is tailor made for him.

15. BonziWellsGOAT

On my phone so not sure if the link is going to work but this video really highlights what you're talking about. Alot of ppl on this board seem to think Green is just a dunk and chuck guy which is honestly far from the truth. His offensive game is more advanced than alot of ppl seem to think although ge has things to work on like any young guy. He's more efficient than you're average "volume" scorer as well. Im not going to be mad if they pick mobley by any means but I really think Green is the play here personally.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Suggs is actually a pretty strong defender

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Wouldn't Bosh be the high end for Mobley, not AD? Kind of a hybrid 4/5

18. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

his team defense is not bad

19. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Lol I mean this is ClutchFans, I wouldn't expect anything more from people on this board. Most here are going to read a few articles or watch a few YouTube videos and make their opinion based on someone else's opinion. This is a great video here that you posted by the way very informative! I'm so glad Stone and others are in charge and thank God not most of you guys here. Stone will do his due diligence for us. The more research and video I look at with all these top prospects the more and more I really want Green. He's much further along than LaVine, Booker, and Beal were at 19. This kid is a three way scorer (perimeter, mid range, slasher). Don't over think this Houston, Cunningham or Green.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

Agreed. the worst g league team would bust every ncaa bracket. Don’t sleep on the g league - these dudes get buckets, are mostly former d1 players or NBA cast always still holding on to the dream. They’d smash most d1 college teams.

BossHogg713 likes this.