1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Suggs Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Jun 22, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

And probably didn't want concussions.

JayGoogle and roslolian like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He shoots 1000 shots a day

Marteen likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

For 1 yr right? People said Zion woke up at 5 am to lift weights prior to his rookie season still looked like he was 350 pnds during the preseason.

topfive likes this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

you got it twisted. Cade was a hs qb as well and decided on basketball because he didn’t want to practice out in the Texas heat. Lazy.

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

To me Suggs is Kyle Lowry with an extra athletic gear. We should take him #2. Bust proof.

Green could end up like KCP or Wiggins.
    Mobley could be like Vonleh or Bagley.

All of these guys have immense talent. I’ll take the intangibles Suggs showed at Gonzaga.

BigggReddd, Marteen and CXbby like this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Suggs is the guy.

ThatBoyNick, Von Rafer and CXbby like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If I had a choice I wouldn't play Football either.

They chew through those players like a slaughter house. You get drafted as a QB? You don't produce for 2-3 years? You might not ever play again. When the last time you guys seen Vince young or Tim Tebow on an NFL team?

Suggs could be a bust and still somehow carve out a 10 year career in the NBA, he wouldn't be the first bust to do so. If you're a bust in the NFL you have like a 3 year career.

The average length of an NBA career is nearly twice the length of an NFL one.

red5rocket, Aware and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  8. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

A comp for Suggs that I saw whenever I watched Gonzaga is Dwayne Wade. He just has a a natural and effortless grace whenever he tries to get to the rim. Plus he can be an absolute lock down defender.

The one weakness that everyone brings up with Suggs is his outside shooting. His form is good. His shooting will come. He played with 3-4 other NBA players, so his role wasn't to shoot from outside but to penetrate and set up the other guys.

BigggReddd and Von Rafer like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if toronto wants to give us an extra 1st and OG anunoby i'd be okay with trading down to #4 for suggs

AnHero likes this.
  10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Kind of reminds me of Jamal Murray

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bingo. Suggs is truly BUST PROOF. Green is raw and has a fundamentally flawed shot -- highly unorthodox. Yes, he can run and jump, but so can all other NBA wings. Suggs on the other hand makes his teammates better. That's invaluable. He's the brain on the court which we so desperately need.

BigggReddd and Von Rafer like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Really wasn't impressed with him at all in the last two games of the tourney this year.;

HP3 and Denovo like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not bad at all

Rocket River

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If Toronto were to fall in love with Mobley or Green I'd definitely trade the 2 for 4 + 2023 frp (top 5 protected)

Suggs at 4 is a damn good pick.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perfect partner for Luka.

Maybe even Dame.

Plays as fast as Wall/Russ but without the control.

Needs to work on ball handling and 3ball.

A lot.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Im not gonna lie brother, I don’t understand comparing him to Wall or WB, especially saying he has less control (then WB??)

I think he’s the type of player that would fit on every team, don’t see why specifically Luka, I guess Lillard could really use a defensive stud in the backcourt with him

But hey... if you guys think KPJ is really going to be something, he’s a horrid defender and could really use a Suggs like defender next to him as well

18. DJ

DJ Member

He looks like a mixture of Ish Smith and Brandon Roy

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Suggs defense and his physicality. He is a bull dog.

But he dribbles high and loose - hence all his turnovers, and struggles with college 3.

He would be much better as the off guard for a big PG like Luka and focus on secondary playmaking, defense>offense and 3ball shooting. But really needs to improve his shooting and handles.

Suggs is 4th best player IMO. If he were 6'6 or taller, I'd like him over Jalen Green.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree he’s got room for improvement with his handles and shot, I’m not sure so much that he should be off ball. He’s got some special vision, can really penetrate, just needs to focus on improving the handle when transitioning into penetration when in the half court.

He’s got 25 pounds on Green, he’s a big guy, I’m not so stuck on his height, for example, Suggs is the same size as Beal.

His athleticism and strength will allow him to play bigger. The way he explodes in transition is serious, and unlike Green, when he drives, bodies will bounce off of him.