1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) Detroit might pass on Cade and take Jalen Green #1?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 22, 2021.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

not worth it if you ask me.

HTown_TMac and don grahamleone like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm with you. Draft all of the picks you have and live with the lower salary cap hit talents. Then if those players are good, just a few vets will get us over the hump if we can sign them.

Patience is key right now.

3. DaneB

DaneB Member

Please…Oden was a damn good player! He was great in defense and a real post up threat…

There was no way that anyone could have foreseen him fracturing his knee cap against us:

if you want to talk about Sam Bowie over Jordan…

True Rocket and Asian Sensation like this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

You got to be kidding me. I want Green.

5. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

That's not Darko bad, but not a good idea for Detroit at all given the roster they have.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i wanted the rockets to get the 2nd pick for green. 14% chance of that happening. now I wait

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Beat me to it.

Rocket River

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I personally prefer Cade, BUT Green definitely has the potential to be the #1 guy coming out of this draft. I'll just sit back and wait to see how this all plays out in the next month or so.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If the rockets are trying to trade for a different draft position, there is only one way they should move, and that’s back. Because Cade, Green, and Mobley all look like can’t miss prospects to me. I’d be happy with any of the 3. If the rockets can pick up more picks/legit prospects by moving back one spot I think they’d have to strongly consider that.

I like Kaminga and other prospects in this draft too, but all three of the top guys look like franchise level talents to me. The rockets are sitting pretty. It’s gonna be hard for Stone to Dipo this draft if we stay in the top 3.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

its Fertatta tryin to drive up the value of the #2 pick...

#30 kjayp, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    juanm34 and D-rock like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Living in Portland I wanted KD on the Blazers but there was no doubt Oden was considered a generational talent coming out of college.

A microfracture was basically a career ender for anybody playing back then. This guy had 3 of them.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp...emire-penny-hardaway/q8kigrtngvn1pp3m8bgvdv2q

https://www.businessinsider.com/jadeveon-clowney-microfracture-surgery-2014-12?amp

bumbum09 and DaneB like this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Giving up anything but the #2 pick to move up one spot would be absolutely idiotic. If they want Green let them pick him at one. There are good rotational players to be added to our team at 23 and 24.

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

Rockets are not trading up to #1; not with 3 studs in the mix. The Rockets can't go wrong with either Cade, Green or Mobley.

I strongly feel Cade will go #1 and if so the Rockets should take Mobley. The monkey wrench would be if Detroit did take Green #1, then the Rockets have a hard decision to make as they'd be wondering why Cade wasn't taken.

I think Cade can be a stud especially at 6'8 but I also feel Mobley can be that presence the Rockets need to win games. Imagine Clint Capela but with shooting range. If that decision came forth and they felt like Cade could be the next Jodan/Kobe whatnot then do it. But if all they see is Zack Levine then go with Mobley.

D-rock and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I personally have a feeling that Jalen Green is Devin Booker, Jalen Green is going to score 20 to 25 easily in his Rookie Year. He can dribble, Pass, Has Stepback 3, has a midrange.

Kevin Porter Jr and Jalen Green both of their Speed and Skill Level in the Backcourt will be Amazing. Fast Break Points will come easily.

But Evan Mobley I think is much further off of DeAndre Ayton Level. Evan I think is going 3 years of Training and Playing Games.

Devin Booker is a Superstar, DeAndre Ayton I think is All Star Level at best.

15. jayfree

jayfree Member

I like Booker, but I will never put him in the class equal to a James Harden. For that reason I don't think Green warrants a #2 pick as a guard.

Plus, we have the #23 and #24 pick. It's easier to find a guard that can be a playmaker than to find a tall guy that plays defense aggressively and can shoot. Mobley can pass the ball real well which can open the floor up. The Rockets may be tired of seeing the 2 guard lineup right now and we can't depend on Wood to be our guy in the center. Wood would be awesome as the PF with Mobley at C and if the other team goes small ball then Mobley can still get around pick and rolls very effectively and space the floor.

#35 jayfree, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wise comments.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. saleem

@ApacheWarrior
    I'm delighted that we have the 2nd pick vs the 18th, but I have been thinking all day about Evan Mobley as the Rockets' choice. I only want Jalen Green with the 2nd pick. No trades.

macho GRANDE and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can you clarify? Mobley or Green with #2 pick?

No trades?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

As a Rockets fan this is a great problem to have

juanm34 and JusBleezy like this.
  20. saleem

Green with number 2. No to Mobley and no to trades.