1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like A Bosh
    HOUSTON FINALLY LANDS BOSH!
    Houston4BoshMobley

[​IMG]

Bosh/Pau Gasol are the comps I’ve seen…

2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Kobe

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Dream is barely in town these days for it to have that much of an impact imo

BallSoHarden likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe he can take interview lessons from Kawhi or Duncan...

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He helped Kobe a lot because Kobe truly wanted to listen and become a better post player which he indeed did become. Didn’t translate as much with Dwight because he was too cocky and self assured.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Imagine passing on a kid solely because of one 4 minute interview when he was 18. :rolleyes:

Some of y'all CFers be wildin'.

7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Kwahi has a laugh
    Duncan was GQ best dressed.

What does Mobley have going for him?

BallSoHarden and rocketexastros like this.
  8. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're probably asking that because he worked with Dwight... He also worked with Yao, Amare, and Kobe back in the day, so, yeah his workouts helped some students. I think he even worked with LeBron but I'm not 100% sure.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Both Kobe and LeBron won a championship after training with Hakeem for a summer. Kobe- his first without Shaq. LeBron-his first period.
    That was long enough now where Hakeem has probably slowed down a lot since then. If there was a last chance to get someone perfect for Hakeem to work with while he's mobile, it was Giannis imo. Hakeem teaches by example. Watch me and then you do the same type of training. That doesn't work if Hakeem can't do the moves anymore.

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Wow didn’t know that. Thanks for letting me know. I just don’t remember any in recent years.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Hasheem Thabeet - #2 overall pick in the 2009 draft (1 ahead of Harden, 5 ahead of Curry)
    Sam Bowie - #2 pick in the 1984 draft (1 ahead of Jordan)

Do not make the mistake of drafting for size! Draft for SKILL (shooting, handle, passing), INTENSITY, LEADERSHIP, COMPETITIVE SPIRIT. Suggs is the pick.

Why not?, BallSoHarden, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of y'all doubting the legendary Rockets Big Man Academy?

Roc Paint and don grahamleone like this.
  14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Huh? USC got killed by Gonzaga in the round of 8. The game was over at half time ( 19 pt lead). Gonzaga coasted the 2nd half and won 85-66. It was a blowout.

Mobley's elite skill is his ability to move his feet. He's very good at staying in front of smaller players on switches.

If you draft Mobley, then you likely need to trade Wood. Wood already gets pushed around on defense. Mobley will have the same problem, I can't see him being able to play with Wood much and I don't think you want the #2 pick coming off the bench.

Offensively, Mobley needs a lot of work. He doesn't really have a three point shot. He shot 30% on college 3s, hitting only 12 in 33 games. He also doesn't have a post up game. He can however put the ball on the floor and drive.

I can see the case for people liking Mobley, Suggs and Green. I'd guess that the Rockets would like to retain Woods but to me he and Mobley don't pair well. They both have strength issues and Mobley can't stretch the floor to open up space for Wood in the paint.

Porter was much more effective with the ball in his hands than he was off the ball. I'm not sure that pairing Porter with a point guard is the answer either

Personally, I'd take Green but as I said I can see the case for any of the three. I think a lot will depend on how the Rockets view Wood and Porter's long term future with the team.

15. conquistador#11

All right Mobley it is. I'm sold.

albuster, danoman and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Can we also please stop with this, its like Dream is going to turn every turd into a diamond...

BallSoHarden and Possum like this.
  17. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I'm on the Mobley train. I do not want green, I'm not impressed with an insane athlete that can't do anything else on the court well.
    If not Mobley than Suggs

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Officially put an end to smallball….DRAFT MOBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Pretty sure capela is still just catching lobs

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Also, this kid has a good head. He'll fit right in if we draft him.

albuster likes this.