1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey AS Philly GM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

great listen, thanks!

2. TimDuncanDonaut

Not to move off topic, but I was laughing at this clip. Imagine Spo cussing out Duncan. Bulter on role players and expectations.

Rockets had a million lineups this year; but coming in next season, I hope Silas clearly define roles for next year's team.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Your owner is still the owner. Nothing fundamentally changes.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I was a Morey fan and bare him no ill will. He didn’t screw us over like Harden. He made a decision that was best for him and he didn’t force his way out of town by badmouthing us in the press.

but I didn’t want to see him win a championship this year. I want to see him sweat hard to get one with another team.

I am convinced that he believes if he was able to make that deal for Harden, that he could have been in the finals this year. And oddly enough I am happy that if it didn’t work out for Houston this year, that it also didn’t work out for the guys who jumped ship. I’m also happy we didn’t trade Morey Harden. It’s the one thing I’m grateful to Tillman for. I’m going to toast Tillman’s ego and hope he loses it in the long term. For now, I am happy everyone lost this year. And oddly, very happy to see CP3’s success. Because he didn’t deserve getting shipped out like he did, and he was pretty classy about it.

karma all the way around!

Patience, rhee, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ben Simmons is Russell Westbrook and 3s and layups is still a God awful plan

BigShasta likes this.
  6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Ben Simmons is more like Draymond (not sure why that is relevant though)

Disagree, but good to see Morey doesn’t only try that strategy (See 2020 Sixers)

Now what does that any of that have to do with the Tilman Rockets?

7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Paul in Phoenix, Tucker in Milwaukee, Capela in Atlanta, a third of the former team with the Clippers.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Morey is shooting for the top of the draft with Simmons. If I had to pick GSW's picks.

sirjesse likes this.
  10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I consider him for a pick. You never know what you get with a pick, but Simmons you know everything you are getting, from the ugly shooting warts to all nba defense first team. Philly may have proven he cannot be your number two, but he can be part of a championship caliber starting lineup.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

But he can’t be part of a championship caliber CLOSING lineup.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#352 J.R., Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Patience

This article claims the Sixers turned down a trade offer of Simmons for Malcolm Brogdon AND a first round pick. Are they crazy? Brogdon is a good player. At this point, Simmons is not, not at that price, not if he is unwilling to even TAKE shots.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

It’s…OK? Not great? Probably wouldn’t settle on Brogdon either. Not when I was discussing James Harden. Now obviously they didn’t get Harden and aren’t getting Harden and Simmons DID just flame out and DID probably lower his value but they probably feel they can get back to Indiana later for the same offer or hell just keep Simmons.

Portland’s crazy if they entertain Simmons for Lillard. Call me crazy/stupid but not even sure I’d trade McCollum for Simmons.

Seen Golden State thrown out? Does Daryl accept I guess Wiggins, Wiseman, 7 and/or 14?

Minnesota reportedly has interest.

I don’t know,…Daryl sells low or holds on until he can “rebuild” his value. (Always possible and can’t rule out a dumb team does something dumb too.)

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

pay attention to the wording, they made it vague purposefully, they perhaps had that offer , but before this years debacle....

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so losing on purpose is a normal procedure?
    its not a wonder Rockets didnt win nothing with this p***y mentality loser at the helm

J.R. likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Brogdon is a nice role player, above average starter, nothing special. Simmons is still a good player, I'd say better than Brogdon overall, just not franchise level guy you can build around. I think Simmons for Brogdon+FRP is fair depending on whether the pick has any protection.

Patience likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The 'process' could have been successful (and should have been), but too many obvious/ dumb mistakes were made.

19. Patience

The Sixers had a team that made it to the second round and lost, then had a down year where they were the ninth seed. So they tore it apart, spent years and years losing. Historically bad seasons of unwatchable basketball, which gave them a few high draft picks that all added up to.... losing in the second round.

J.R., hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololol AWESOME... to be fair it seems they were not allowed to do the process the way they imagined it and nba office forced collangelo on them and hinkie to resign...

J.R. likes this.