1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem to represent Rockets at draft lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Do we draw first?

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Exactly! I have a hard time believing that OKC would hold onto Russ because of top 5 vs top 4 protection…At least we’re not the Timberwolves…why the hell would they make their pick be top 3 protected?!

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think they would have been fine with top 10 protected even. its not like we were talking far into the distance.

It's obviously well reported now who wanted the deal, who didn't, etc... but it also seems very likely to me that at that point DM kind of was fed up with Tilman and likely didn't give it the full 200% negotiating effort he otherwise might have. but that's just my opinion speculation...

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Morey sabotaged this franchise when he had one foot out the door, if people still can’t see that they are blind

saleem and cheke64 like this.
  5. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Which, if true, upon figuring it out (later, I would presume) is why the Rockets would in no-way, shape or form, move Harden to the 76ers. So, in the end, DM sabotaged himself. Never good to burn a bridge; particularly a billionaire's bridge. #notsmart

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ben Wallace - NBA Legend

lol

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

I don’t believe that there was no way the Rockets would trade Harden to Morey, let’s say he put Embiid on the table. But if the deals were equal, then of course you don’t do business with the person that just screwed you over. As it turns out, the deals weren’t even remotely equal with Morey’s deal centered around Simmons, trying to swindle the Rockets one last time. But ended up playing himself instead.

But yes, that’s the reason Tilman hates Morey.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is one of the best defenders of all time. He took Shaq out with ease. He was the heart and soul of the NBA champion Detroit Pistons. He can't be compared to our Hakeem Olajuwon who is truly an all time great.