1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodgers - Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It seems that way. But it might just be young pitchers stretchinig out into a full season pitching routing, The last couple of years has been hard on their development, though we have several who have seized their opportunity to break out.

I have been amazed at how few poor outings we have gotten from our youngest players. I expect a streak of "woe is me" at some point as pitchers reach the point they have never been in innings pitched. It's one reason I would hesitate to trade off any of the seven capable starting pitchers. As the young pitchers keep getting further into each game, the innings are piling up faster.

Snake Diggit and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I mean the gloves that college and NFL wide receivers use are insanely sticky.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

As usual, MLB just has no idea what the **** they're doing.

vince likes this.
  4. akxninja

akxninja Member

Nook, BigM and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

6. CinematicFusion

Graphic details, photos emerge in restraining order filed against Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer
    https://theathletic.com/2682479/202...cher-trevor-bauer/?source=user_shared_article

she suffered injuries as a result of the second encounter, including two black eyes, a bloodied swollen lip, significant bruising and scratching to one side of her face. In the woman’s declaration, signed under penalty of perjury of California state laws, she said that her medical notes state that she had “significant head and facial trauma” and that there were signs of basilar skull fracture.
    She also said that, in one of those incidents, while unconscious, Bauer penetrated her anally, which she did not consent to in advance.
    “I agreed to have consensual sex; however, I did not agree or consent to what he did next,” she says. “I did not agree to be sexually assaulted.”

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Damn. Bauer took it too far. If he is that crazy he's probably done it more than once.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He belongs in jail

9. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Imagine living in a world where “banging trashcans” in a sport is more “morally corrupt” than a star pitcher (who ironically plays for the Dodgers) who raped and beat an unconscious woman- then claims “she wanted it”.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So he meets a woman on Tinder or something like that. She says she wants rough sex. They have rough sex, on 2 different occasions. Now she is pressing charges. You can find out pretty quickly that he makes 28 mil a year.

I dunno. I don’t want to sound insensitive but I dunno.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

There's a small difference between "I love consensual rough sex" and "getting my ****ing skull fractured, being knocked unconscious, and getting sodomized." No amount of consent justifies the amount of injuries she suffered.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Seems fishy

13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I take it you do not have any daughters or sisters.

We’re no longer debating whether Bauer is completely innocent or not. He is guilty of something ranging from “wealthy celeb stupid enough to engage in documented rough sex with veritable strangers” to “almost beat a woman to death”. He may or may not technically be a criminal, but he is almost certainly a stupid piece of ****.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I do have sisters and a daughter. But thanks for the personal shot.

I think more will come out about this..

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If true then yes, but so far I've only seen Bauer admit to choking, slapping, and punching her butt. Don't have access to the full article so I don't know if he admitted to the concussion, black eyes, and fractured skull. I think it's unlikely, but it could be a setup.

Tomstro likes this.
  16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Next thing you know some idiot will tell you that you dont have sisters or a daughter.

17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Would you be proud to tell your sisters and daughters your take on this situation? Would you be cool with your daughter dating a guy like Trevor Bauer based solely on the things we know are factual about the kind of behavior he engages in?

Jumping to the defense of a guy who has admitted to getting pretty rough with a girl he hardly knew over some girl with clear evidence that she got beaten the F up…interesting approach, homes.

Even if it comes out that this whole deal was some kind of crazy money grubbing elaborate entrapment and she beat herself up, there’s zero chance Bauer comes out of this looking like a decent human being.

But yeah, I’m an idiot. No argument there.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

see this is a problem. I’m glad you want to rush to the defense of the woman, without hearing Bauers side yet. Without hearing the whole story yet. You are the one rushing to defend her without all the facts.

Accusing people of not having sisters or wives because they want to hear the whole story vs your knee jerk reaction = stupid. Nobody rushed to defend Bauer but you are rushing to defend this woman. Let everything come out first. Don’t rush to defend someone based on their gender alone. It definitely could be a set up. Not saying it is, but it definitely could be.

Houstunna likes this.
  19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Ok, so when presented with 2 possibilities:
    1. Trevor Bauer beat her up.
    2. This woman baited Bauer into having rough sex with her, then further beat her own self up (or got someone else to beat her), all in an attempt to…what? Blackmail him for money after pressing charges (since we can be relatively certain she didn’t ask for money before going to the cops since Bauer SURELY would have already come out with that)? Get famous as a victim???

Your choice is to believe option 2. Cool.

Im all for letting the facts come out and the police/attorneys to do their jobs. I’m not prematurely convicting Bauer as a rapist or perp of sexual assault. But he certainly is at least dumbshit and not a great guy.

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

you have no idea how this is gonna play out. Just stop.

and I haven’t chosen either option that you provide. You have though.