1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we take Harden back in 2 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Would you take Harden back in 2 years?

1. Absolutely

81 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Hell No

50 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Depends on How Much He Wants

34 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Depends if Brooklyn and Nash breaks him. He came back from a hamstring injury and played 48 minutes and then 53 minutes, along with KD playing every minute possible the last two games after coming back from a severe injury himself. Nash seems like he makes Thibs and MDA look like they value rest in comparison.

Bo6 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you didn't bet anything

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man the title seems locked up for next season. They just need need the 3 guys and the 2 best 3&D guys they can find, preferably a wing and a C. Everyone else is bench depth. They'll manage their minutes well I'm sure and a training camp plus some games together will help too. Their talent is really absurd, I didn't know Durant had another gear in him. If Harden was healthy they would've pulled off a title with practically 0 chemistry.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

can hardon even play in 2 years? he'll be like 40. maybe on a vet min as a glue guy to teach the younger roster about culture

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can get the hard on and lecture about strip culture.

TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Only if he has won a NBA Championship while playing a significant role. Otherwise no, to a reunion.

napalm06 and fattz like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is funny, Durant was resting for 1 whole year before that. 1 and a half whole years.

He better find a new gear.

The way younger stars like Trae, Tatum, Mitchell, Jamal Murray, Devin Booker have progressed.

One of them will win it all sooner than rather later.

Durant misses Draymond's D lmao.

0 chemistry is also a funny statement, Harden grew up with Durant and was in OKC.

He also trains almost every off season with Durant. He also trains with Jeff Green and Co.

0 chemistry hahah

#107 daywalker02, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

ain't no other culture that matters

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Of course you'd sign him in two years for the right deal, but probably not for max. But at something like 2/40, the timing might be right to lift the young core into the playoffs.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Harden is built like a tank and his body & game should age well. I think his return to the Rockets has no downside. I want him in a Rocket’s uniform in the HOF. As a Rocket fan, he has hit every emotion as player over the years. James Harden the man is more than a good person and would be a great mentor to those around him. Watching him over the years has been a joy. I saw him and Tate working together in pre-game and time-outs before the trade. He was not vested at all with the team but loves the game. With the rookie coach & Westbrook departure what were you expecting?

Is Harden’s motivation your concern?

He is set for life; if he is here he wants to be here and thinks he is a difference maker.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His motivation is my concern. If he wants to be here on a smaller contract, I'm okay with it.

fattz likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Who says we will figure out how to win with him past his prime? Not I

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still no.

DD

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hell to the naw naw

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

really doubt harden would want to come back tbh. not sure where his career goes after brooklyn. maybe a mercenary just floating team to team that will give him #1-#2 shots so he can pad those all-time scoring stats.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

He'll come back after his contract is up imo. I've always believed so. Championship or not. I bet the play where he quickly handed the ball back off to KD replays over and over in his head. These guys have huge egos. Harden wants his own team, and he's watching these guys in left in the playoffs with their own team basically owning their cities hearts. That could have easily been Harden.

All these guys want to go the easy way to a big city market, but the smaller market teams get crazy hype and give you the keys to the city if you can lead them deep and give them fond memories. Instead, it's turning into guys with less than a full year of games started wanting to go to LA already. Letting people see the craze Milwaukee, Phoenix, Atlanta are giving for their team is a good thing for the NBA's future. Watching these easy road buddy team ups fail is good.

The real question is would you go win-now mode and trade our top picks to get a superstar with the older Harden? I think we'd all welcome back a more matured Harden leading Cade and Banchero/Holmgren, KPj, Wood and our young players like CP3 in Phoenix or OKC or even Houston. Harden will be the same age as CP was in Houston and OKC.

17. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Nope.
    He will still have all the same baggage and will be 2 years older.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  18. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Hell no for me it’s time for a new era I don’t know why most people on this board is still concern about him honestly, The Rockets need to learn from there mistakes and build a championship caliber team by going young and how James left and played the Rockets it’s a big no to me he did all that bs just to get to BK now look at him bounce out the 2 round he disrespect Houston and I don’t care about Tilman because that’s a whole other story no please!!

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden is not going to give you that CP3 team positive effect just because of age. Those are character quality traits that are learned at a young age.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

All those years coming up short in the playoffs, i seem to remember how CP was a cancer and teammates didn't like him and his little general type of ******* leadership. His flopping and dirty play was always talked about too. He's definitely relaxed in a mature leadership role. He's not a tyrant like he was portrayed as before.