1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just finished Breaking Bad for the first time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The tragedy (that is realized at the very end) is that he was only supposed to be doing this to provide for his family.... he exceeded that within the first year or so.

The rest of it was pure ego. He finally felt he got what he deserved, after being short-sighted the first time with grey matter. He enjoyed having power. He enjoyed manipulating people to maintain that power.

But the beauty of the show is that as bad as he had become... you still sort want him to win. Sorta like the Sopranos and Tony.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well I watched El Camino last night. It felt like a couple of average BB episodes but otherwise it was enjoyable.

Todd was the biggest distraction imo. It's been six years how did he get so fat so quickly? It took me out of the storyline. Also I get that it was Jesses storyline but if they got Cranston to come back they at least could have had him do something cooler. Felt like a waste and unnecessary to have him there

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

When Jesse Plemons was skinny...

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and boomboom like this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Late to the game also. Almost finished with S1 of BB. Just made the deal with Tuco. Was very enthralling seeing Walt pumped up. First four episodes were a slow, but very enjoyable, climb. I can see things really starting to take off.

Walter Jr. might be one of the most underrated funny characters. His lines and the way he delivers them is so targeted and just really humorous.

daywalker02, ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You're in for a ride that just keeps getting better and better.

RKREBORN and boomboom like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Meth Damon is still one of the most underrated nicknames for any TV character ever...

daywalker02, B-Bob, RKREBORN and 5 others like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Not too funny when Jr starts injecting and smoking meth himself.

joking joking

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think it was a tragedy other than a bone writers threw to make a drug kingpin more sympathetic.

More like decades of overdue cuck notices. WW paid it back w/ interest.

"For the family" is something mafioso do to justify burying bodies and getting rid of evidence.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You guys should see Broadchurch, Sherlock, or Luther (British shows). Awesome shows!

RKREBORN likes this.
  10. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I finished Break Bad for the first time last night. I thought the show was really really good. I wasn't ready to put the show that high after the first 2 seasons, but seasons 4/5 were rocket ships. I think True Detective Season 1 is still the gold standard but this was an awesome ride.

Season 5 was so dark that I had to pause through some seasons. I actually couldn't watch Hank die, so I ended up scrolling through that scene as it was obvious what would happen. After I finished the episode, I went back and watched that scene so it felt very different (in my mind, I had imagined Hank told them $ was here, not Walt).

I genuinely started to hate Walt in Season 5. The fact that the started the season with him in the diner just pissed me off as I knew he would be around until I saw that scene come into play. Looking back, I think that was just part of the genius of the show.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When a show makes you think like that, captures your emotions you know it’s done its job

mikol13 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you like cat and mouse crime thrillers, Billions on Showtime (S1-4 on Prime) has been pretty good. On the second season, but mostly interesting so far.

13. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I love Billions. I have enjoyed that show as much as Breaking Bad to be honest - but that is the finance geek bias in me, so I don't say that in public (just public BBS)...

14. boomboom

Supporting Member

Obviously I haven't watched all shows/movies in history...but this has to be one of the best landed scenes ever. So pointed. So intense. So good.

Also...not the least bit sad when Hank died. He was a egotistical racist who was difficult to like throughout the entire show. And his snotty, lying, thieving wife. Bleh.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't remember the racist part.

boomboom likes this.
  16. boomboom

Supporting Member

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

i watched the first episode a while ago, then was like, nope. it was stressful and as i heard it gets more intense as the seasons progresses, not for me. so i went with brooklyn 99 instead, lelz.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Breaking Bad should have ended with Season 4.

Change my mind.

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I couldn't get through the first episode. Guess I should give ep 2 a shot.

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Because Season 5?

Wasn't Breaking Bad originally going to end after season 4? That's why we got such a great season 4 wrap up. Season 5 was great as well. Can argue which season was overall better.

jiggyfly likes this.