1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clothing you wished you still had.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

Hmmmm....you changed your clothes to fit your music?

Friend, amigo, dude, compadre....

you absolutely HAVE to post a pic of these shorts. The Hangout needs to see them in all of their glory.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

My friends made those shirts, I helped sell them for a few days. And yes, they got threatened with lawsuits by the Rockets, so that stopped.

I still have one in a box somewhere. I hadn't thought about that in years and years, thanks!

heypartner likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Vernon Maxwell jersey I had on while going to every home game in the 1994 WCF and NBA Finals. I have no idea what happened to it.

Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

All of my Polo stuff especially my Polo rugbys.

I still have some of stuff that I wore in the 80's.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

My Jose Cruz wood bat I got on "bat day" way back in 84 or so. It was not adult size but it was not a little toy either, I think it was 30", I hit balls with that all the time as a kid. I have no idea what happened to it.

I blame my parents.

Also, the commemorative baseball from Nolan passing Walter Johnson in strikeouts. Had a Gulf Oil Logo on 1 side, embossed sigs from both of them and their K totals on the other sides.

Also blame my parents.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ha! Small world

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pure H-Town to sell knock-off sports shirts. Who are the Rockets going to sue? Joe on the corner?

I bought a fake Astros championship shirt for the irony. No where on them did it say Astros but if you didn't look closely you could tell it wasn't licensed. Then the irony was real.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Email him on twitter. He sales them autographed cheap.

I wish I still had all of my Jordans. I could sell for a fortune. I wore size 8 by 2nd grade when the 1s came out so I had pretty desirable sizes throughout his run. I had every pair until he retired for the 2nd time.

9. Xerobull

I had several pairs of these and loved them. Not that I would wear them now but they were good jeans. I was a bag boy at Kroger and got picked up by a lady who called me 'The Girbaud Boy'. She was 10 years older than me and was my sugar momma for a couple of months until I dumped her. (kind of messed up when I think about it now but it was amazing when I was 17).

[​IMG]

ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  10. Xerobull

You just saw it...

...too cold

11. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Speaking in general about the trends. Not me personally, I was too poor and was stuck with what I had unless I outgrew them.

That does remind me of this one dude who went from Looney Tunes gangster t-shirts to Jerry Jeff Walker tees and Redwings over a three day weekend to fit in with a new crowd.

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Poor b*stard.

The old crowd must have recognized him as a poser.

13. Buck Turgidson

Was he sidelining as a country singer in Katy?

boomboom and jiggyfly like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Deep cut.

boomboom likes this.
  15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My mom never threw out any of our used clothes from our youths, so last time I went home I was able to find all sorts of Ocean Pacific, Mossimo, Hypercolor, Umbro gear, I think folks still wear Lacoste and Polo,

I went to a hipster fashion vintage kind of store recently and they were selling all of these vintage shirts and hats like Ocean Pacific for over $60-80 a piece.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

No Quicksilver, Stussy or Yaga?

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m 11th grade I had a really cool silversun pickups shirt that I lost at a party.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Was in Galveston last weekend and they still have a Yaga’s clothing store. They actually have a lot of the shirts from the 90’s there. Bought a Yaga coozie and a sticker for my cooler. No Stussy however

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An old blue chambray work shirt I wore during the 1960’s. A couple of girlfriends embroidered it (at different times, of course) with all sorts of things. A large ecology flag sewn onto the back. On one pocket was a bearded Deckard leaning against a tree, smoking something, with my dog at my feet. Stylized flowers and leaves here and there on the other pocket. Stitching at the cuffs and elsewhere. I haven’t seen it in over twenty years, but it could be in a box somewhere. Asked my significant other about the shirt and she remembers it, although she wasn’t a contributor. Doesn’t know what happened to it. Misplaced? Lost? Maybe, maybe no.

Mango and boomboom like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I miss my hat these dudes want $220 and I refuse to spend that on a hat

[​IMG]

I can get them made in china for like a buck fiddy each but I gotta buy like 600 of them @Xerobull